It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

These 'persons' should use a separate toilet for transgenders, and in the mean time seek professional psychological help. If the school can't afford a third set of toilets, they should charge the transgenders upon entry. This is called taking responsibility for your own problems instead of burdening others with them.

They did seek professional psychological help. The professional psychologists diagnosed them with gender dysphoria and recommended they take puberty blockers/hormones and possibly sexual reassignment surgery.

Your transphobia is not their problem - it's YOUR problem.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

I challenge you to find ONE case where a true transgender accosting anyone in a restroom.

I've searched and found like, 3 instances where men dressed as women to peep and film. But they weren't true transgenders, they were pervs trying to gain access. And clearly they were caught and charged, because I saw their mugshots.

I found ONE case where a man posed as a woman to gain access to a women's shelter and committed sexual assault. But that was in CANADA.

You're scared of a boogey monster that doesn't exist.

* BTW there's multiple cases of men dressed as men entering restrooms-men's and women's- and molesting kids. THAT's who you should be worried about.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
They did seek professional psychological help. The professional psychologists diagnosed them with gender dysphoria and recommended they take puberty blockers/hormones and possibly sexual reassignment surgery.

Your transphobia is not their problem - it's YOUR problem.

Thank you! I can't believe how many people think this isn't a 'real' thing. Or being gay is a choice. Hell, I'm on disability for Bipolar 1, PTSD and Anxiety Disorder with Agoraphobia. There are people who don't 'believe' mental illness has a physical basis or can be treated by medication! There are DOCTORS who don't 'believe' that mental illness can be environmental as opposed to genetic. I argued with a doctor not too long ago on this. I had no history prior to 2011 and no one in my family has any history. I was overdosed on steroids, forced to be sleep deprived and then attacked, hence my current diagnosis. And I hate taking pills, but medication makes living bearable.

It must be nice to be so out of touch with other people's realities that you can just sit back and deny they exist at all. It must be freeing to live without any empathy toward people who are different.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
There is no legal avenue for the teeth of enforcement. Funding to schools is current law passed by congress and signed by the president. That cannot be unwound without an act of congress.

Regardless, the president does not have the equivalent of a line item veto nor can trigger points be instituted in a budget. The money is either issued and is distributed or it is withheld and not in the budget.

There is a legal avenue. The state or states that do not follow this can be sued and could lose their funding under Title IX guidelines. I am pretty sure mosts states are going to comply.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Topics like this are guaranteed to bring out the ATS autistic crew. It's just urine. I feel like many of you should be forced to pee in the woods mainly because you're so focused on falsely accusing others of sexual perversion that it feels like you have your own sexual perversions and use others as a shield.

I didn't realize the ATS autistic crew were also a bunch of pedophiles. Interesting. A new angle.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: kaylaluv

Forcing all other kids to share bathrooms with kids who have a different anatomy is dictatorial. Couldn't they just separate one private stall in each bathroom for these kids who see themselves as the opposite sex? No, instead all kids have to accept the will of a few. One thing is to teach kids to not discriminate those other kids that see themselves as the opposite sex, and another things is to force them to accept the government mandated opinion.

Why is it dictatorial? Schools usually have stalls in all bathrooms. There is absolutely no logical reason that people with different anatomies cannot use bathroom stalls in the same room.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh for God's sake, just let it GO. This is just one more false, manufactured crisis about nothing.

For one thing, this is not about trans-gender people using the bathroom of their "choice", it is about using the one for their gender identity. Just like you, me and everybody else in the freaking country.

For another thing, the discussion has been turned on its head... all this talk about "predator" trans people... bunk. That sort of phraseology just indicates the mindset that trans people are, in general at some level perverts. Bunk. I personally have little doubt that there are predators out there who happen to be trans-gender, just like there are lots and LOTS of predators out there who are not. It is the predatorship that is the problem, not someone's gender identity. And to put forth the notion that transgendered people are, in general, predators, is, oh, what's the word? Oh yeah, bunk.

Trans-gender people using the bathroom of their identity, oh my god how will we ever survive?

For most of my life I've thought this country was better than this; I am being proven wrong. It would be funny to watch if the consequences to decent innocent people weren't so severe.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting times in which we live. Obama's decision to "rule" by executive order may be having an unintended consequence, i.e., out right defiance by local leaders bordering on denial of Federal sovereignty over State and Local authorities.

www.12newsnow.com...

"Port Neches-Groves Superintendent Dr. Rodney Cavness:
"I got news for President Barack Obama. He ain't my President and he can't tell me what to do. That letter (to be released to all public schools tomorrow) is going straight to the paper shredder. I have 5 daughters myself and I have 2,500 girls in my protection. Their moms and dads expect me to protect them. And that is what I am going to do. Now I don't want them bullied... but there are accommodations that can be made short of this. He (President Obama) is destroying the very fiber of this country. He is not a leader. He is a failure.""

Now this is how it begins Ladies and Gentlemen! Refusal to comply with orders from on high by a President, although elected by a "majority of voters" in a National election. Some will say his comment is born of racism. It might well be, but to a greater extent, I think his statement is born of a refusal to accept the dictates of a "President" largely elected by votes cast out of state and from regions which harbor values in direct opposition to the values of the Region Cavness lives in.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

a reasonable person would have to actually question why people are discriminating with no evidence of wrongdoing in the USA ?

what if someday you are the one on the wrong end of a witch hunt ?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Shamrock6
I didn't say that it was a ruling, did I ?

The appeals court holds the school board accountable for the deliberate indifference in regard to ignoring the continued and failing to act on allegations against the male student, and for allowing him to return to school, which caused the female to withdraw from the school entirely.

You didn't have to back me up, but thanks!

Thanks for giving you the chance to cherry pick your facts? You're welcome. I know it's a favorite tactic for those incapable of discussing something in its totality, rather than what fits their cute little narrative.

But yep you got me buddy. The school board is held accountable. Not for what you initially claimed they were, something else entirely, but accountable is accountable. Call that a win if it makes you feel better, guy.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

I challenge you to find ONE case where a true transgender accosting anyone in a restroom.

I'm trying to find a post where anyone said that would happen. From what I have seen the concern is about standard sexual predators using the lowered security to stalk, voyeur, take pics, etc. Plus discomfort from the other people in the restroom if the 'odd man out' is obviously displaying the opposite genitalia of the room they are using.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Neopan100
a reply to: Ohanka

OMG..THANK you !!! I am so effing sick of the gender identity crap!!!

Then educate yourself so you actually understand it.

You are not the one suffering or being discriminated against.

Or do you prefer head buried in sand?

You do understand you're suggesting discriminating against the majority of people in this country all over this thread, do you not?

Are they not allowed to go to the bathroom of the gender they identify with?

That premise requires that we accept that we all have 'gender identity' instead of just accepting the reality of our biology.

I reject the concept of 'gender identity'

So does this guy:

Dr. Joseph Berger has issued a statement saying that from a medical and scientific perspective there is no such thing as a "transgendered" person, and that terms such as “gender expression” and “gender identity" used in the bill are at the very least ambiguous, and are more an emotional appeal than a statement of scientific fact.

Berger, who is a consulting psychiatrist in Toronto and whose list of credentials establishes him as an expert in the field of mental illness, stated that people who identify themselves as "transgendered" are mentally ill or simply unhappy, and pointed out that hormone therapy and surgery are not appropriate treatments for psychosis or unhappiness.

www.lifesitenews.com...
edit on 14-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I never once stated that any of these people would be predators, perverts or anything else other than folks that want to pee. I didn't say they weren't real or that they weren't struggling with something. So chill with all the implied bigotry.

My issue lies solely with the process of granting people accommodations that disrupt other people based squarely on the basis of one groups inner feelings.whether it be this topic or anything else. That's it. Period.

I feel that opens up an avenue of abuse. If I, or you, are able to displace a majority of people based solely on the discretion of how I feel about something I can't arbitrarily prove then that becomes an issue for everyone.

Do I think there should be a solution? Yeah
Do I think that solution should completely strip away the concerns of the majority in favor of a small few that voice an outcry. No, no I dont. If your soapbox is one of accomodation all the while ignoring the voice of the many then I find that troubling. Only because one sides position has to be taken on faith. I can't disprove you identify as a woman or man and you can't prove that you do.

As for the "nobody cares anyway" argument, well lets be honest, obviously people due care just not for some of the reasons you feel are justified. And tossing out that nobody cares doesn't change the fact they do.

I dont like where the precedent of this type of action can lead any of us, supporters and non supporters.

edit on 14-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Solution 101

****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ***************************************************************************************************************+infinity

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

I'm trying to find a post where anyone said that would happen. From what I have seen the concern is about standard sexual predators using the lowered security to stalk, voyeur, take pics, etc. Plus discomfort from the other people in the restroom if the 'odd man out' is obviously displaying the opposite genitalia of the room they are using.

lowered security ?

what ?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

nothing is being granted that hasn't already been "granted" for decades. trans folks are not new.

some morons passed a law based on discrimination for no reason, and others are fighting back.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Many states are already doing this. The responsible ones that didn't need to be told the right thing to do.
Some of those stubborn southern states though... they need to be told .

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
a reply to: In4ormant

nothing is being granted that hasn't already been "granted" for decades. trans folks are not new.

some morons passed a law based on discrimination for no reason, and others are fighting back.

Not true honestly. Just because people were doing it all along does not change that bathrooms were setup with the idea that there is 2 sexes and you use the appropriate one based on your biology. The signs don't say "If you think your a woman/man" on them.

And for the record I don't agree with the law. I think it's a reactionary headshot that is also the type of gunslinger enforcement I'm railing against, for you and I both.

When something is a polarizing issue I think a discussion should be had on both sides that concludes amicably. Neither side is doing this atm and just wants what they want. Everyone else be damned.

The thought that any issue is resolved this way, either for or against your position is troublesome. Even if I agreed with your position I would disagree in the manner in which this is playing out.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Annee

haha kids don't care? You're funny Annie.

That's like saying One Size Fits All, so deal with it, then having a fit because people don't agree with you trying to force a square into a circle or a triangle or whatever your twisted version of reality wants other people to agree with.

Kids are influenced by their parents neuroses.

If we accept your 'neuroses' explanation for a moment, does this mean you believe children should be influenced by *your* neuroses instead of their parents'?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Because liberals believe everyone should be allowed to do anything they want lest their inner child suffer trauma. The contradictions run endlessly. I honestly don't know how they keep up with it all.

I don't believe that at all.

I'm a very strict parent.

I'm just not hung up on natural differences.

Not hung up on biological reality?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join