It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Ok go right ahead and apply for social security benefits. Let me know how it went.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This could turn out really bad for transgender kids. Some people in the locality may try to get rid of the problem they see in their kids going to school and do something to these kids. Obama put a target on this group of people. That is not right. I think this was a big mistake. They could just build unisex single bathrooms for everyone and tell them to use them if they are transgender. If I went into a woman's bathroom and the father of one of the girls in there was there, there would be a fight I am sure. Wait, since they can't get into school, they will take action out in the streets.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Ok go right ahead and apply for social security benefits. Let me know how it went.

My point exactly

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Somebody brought that up earlier. I don't think Obama will be the one responsible. I've been following news on Fox News and people like Todd Starnes, AFA and Liberty Counsel are the ones who started all of this. If transgender children got hurt as a result then that's on people like those I mentioned.
edit on 5/13/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Correct. So what is the problem? Transgender people are a real phenomenon. The rest? You've stated your point already.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Somebody brought that up earlier. I don't think Obama will be the one responsible. I've been following news on Fox News and people like Todd Starnes, AFA and Liberty Counsel are the ones who started all of this. If transender children got hurt as a result that's on them.

Why was Obama so dumb as to push this through. What kind of nuts do we have in the White House.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It all started with the Fundamental Christians stirring up troubles because they were sore about the gay marriage and because it's election year, making our nation a laughing stock of the world.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It all started with the Fundamental Christians stirring up troubles because they were sore about the gay marriage and because it's election year, making our nation a laughing stock of the world.

Actually there.

The government got involved in marriage because the Democrats didn't want Whites marrying Blacks way back when.

You can't blame 'Christians' there.

Might want to ponder how the muslims in this country 'feel' about third restrooms.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

That makes it sound almost retaliatory doesn't it? I don't think it is the best effort to save face honestly. Listen I don't like fundamentalist Christian agenda's either, but this seems like throwing a fit and putting the safety of women and girls on the line. I guess it is a culture war.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

There's a precedent that could spiral out of control here.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Who goes to school?
MINORS
Minors who can't vote, can't be drafted,can't work, can't sign a contract, can't have sex.
Why would they be allowed to choose a bathroom?
This isn't about college or target it is about public schools.
Minors do not get to legally make decisions except in rare extreme cases.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Listen I don't like fundamentalist Christian agenda's either, but this seems like throwing a fit and putting the safety of women and girls on the line.

Have you really known them to think things through?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Firearm or flowerpot?

A little dramatic I know but the reality of one does not become less so because of the other.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

That makes it sound almost retaliatory doesn't it? I don't think it is the best effort to save face honestly. Listen I don't like fundamentalist Christian agenda's either, but this seems like throwing a fit and putting the safety of women and girls on the line. I guess it is a culture war.

It sounds like a strawman, actually. Liberal politicians stirred up this pot.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
a reply to: Annee

And if he says he ID's as a woman?

He's a cross dresser.

He's not a transgender.

I'm aware of your opinion.

My question is, what if he says he ID's as a woman?

That's the point of the push-back. It's not about transgenders. It's about the male perverts who will exploit this fresh naivete from the left.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: In4ormant

Don't they have a right to complain? Oh I forgot, no.

I think fathers of little girls should be able to take them into the ladies room.

And I think OTHER little girls and their Moms should have a say, in said Father, being in the restroom.

Constitution. 1 is equal to many.

Quote me where it says that in the Constitution.

Bill of Rights. We are a republic, not a democracy.

Equal Treatment has noting to do with how few or how many.

Equal treatment:

Got a pee pee? Go to the boy's room.

Got a hoo ha? Go to the girl's room.

Equal treatment.

Problem solved.

For who? Or is it whom?

Everyone.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

Ok where is the "strawman"? Transgender people have been using bathrooms for years with NO problem. Who started the problem?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Here's an article from 2011 (incident was 2007). A transgender 5th grader.

Everything fine, parents and school in agreement - - - - until a parent of a boy (actually custodial grandparent) complained.

Read the whole article.

She also began using the girls bathroom at Asa Adams with, what her parents said, was the support of school administrators and staff.

Shortly thereafter, a male student and his grandfather objected to Nicole’s use of the bathroom. “This kid came into the bathroom [in October 2007] and said, ‘My grandfather says we don’t have to have any faggots in our school”Wayne recalled.

“What do you do with that? It was quite a change.”

bangordailynews.com...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

GASP! You brought in facts!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
More GOP politicians have been arrested for sexual misconduct in bathrooms than trans people

Might have to start a republican only bathroom, so they can get their perv on in peace..

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join