It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows woman being beaten while crowd watches

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

More than likely they would go to jail for, at best, brandishing their weapon at these 2 innocent people and actually assaulting (possibly attempted rape) the female. At worst: murder and attempted rape with aggravating conditions.

This very scenario is covered in classes in the State of Texas by every instructor I know.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is typical hoodrat / crackhead behavior. When I lived in the hood, I used to see it all the time. A lot of the times it is a combination domestic dispute with both abuser and victim being drug addicts.

I would not get involved.

First, the people likely to get involved along with the perpetrator live in the same hood. You intervene and beat this guys ass, the next thing you know, you have a target on your back.

Second, as BigFurry mentioned, a lot of times, you beat this guys ass and the hoodrat chick turns on you. Worst case scenario, you wind up killing the guy and catch a murder charge. Simply not worth the risk. Just call the police and let them deal with it.

In a perfect world, I'd take "Lucille" to this guys skull and sleep good a night knowing I did the world a favor. However, the world is not perfect.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

More than likely they would go to jail for, at best, brandishing their weapon at these 2 innocent people and actually assaulting (possibly attempted rape) the female. At worst: murder and attempted rape with aggravating conditions.

This very scenario is covered in classes in the State of Texas by every instructor I know.

I don't follow you? Confused. A citizen charged with attempted rape for trying to stop it? I see where the brandishing charge may come in. But if the woman was close to the point of death, I would think you wouldn't be charged. How is the aggressor "innocent" in this video?

iTruthSeeker
edit on 13-5-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I think the scariest thing is that the guy says he see a this kind of thing all the time.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

PHILADELPHIA (WTXF) An alarming video of a woman being beaten on a city street while a crowd of people watches came to us by a Fresco News user. We immediately called police and tried to identify the victim and get answers about what happened.

It was a disturbing scene Thursday morning in 200 block of Ontario Street in the city's Kensington neighborhood. The man who shot the video of a brutal beating on the sidewalk does not want his face shown but did talk to us.

"The guy was actually on top of the girl-- just beating on her," the witness told FOX 29.

The woman is on the ground and you can see the man repeatedly slapping and punching the victim.

Video shows woman being beaten while crowd watches

If a Police Officer so much as lays a finger on a grown man, there would be protests and national riots. I wonder what protests will come of this? You have a grown man (who happens to be black) beating a woman in broad day light in Philadelphia, PA.

You said it all right there. Nowadays supposedly every cop is a criminal, all the civilian criminals are innocent. Whacky world we live in. I guess any Good Samaritan Law is nonexistent in Philly. I know, I live right outside Philly. It's every man (and woman) for themself. The City of Brotherly Love is a misnomer, far from it. I am old enough and miss the days Frank Rizzo was police chief. He ruled with an iron fist. Police brutality? Only the criminals thought so. If you were law abiding, no problem.
I still remember during some civil unrest where Rizzo attended a black tie event in the city with a billy club tucked in his cummerbund. You can see the handle sticking out at chest level.

edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let me switch out my sensibility blinders from open warfare, beating down entire nations with hi explosive ordinance to, man beating on woman in the hood.

Okay… Horrific! Outrageous! Somebody ought to do something…

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: MysterX

What do the people do? They just watch, you can even see one man walking by and laughing about it.

Perhaps there wasn't much reality TV on that day?

I notice that the guy filming was too busy to help the Woman too...he was probably too focused on a youtube hit to worry about the hits she was getting.

In the video they interview the man who filmed and he says he "didn't want to be a hero and end up getting hurt too" such a shame, it's not about being a hero, it's about being a decent human being.

Unfortunately in this world that is so litigious it's very dangerous to help out someone knowing that it could turn physical. You hit someone and they get injured you get sued...this is the type of country this government has perpetuated in addition to those who feel bad for criminals..

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wouldn't happen in england. Even with diffusion of responsibility it wouldn't happen. We don't have the fear at the back of our minds that he may possibly have a gun and very few people assume others carry knifes, especially if it's a perceived domestic assault.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe
Most probably ly cos he goes around actively searching for these situations to help boost his "likes".

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

in my prior post i covered this: it is a frequent occurence that a battered spouse will defend the abuser. its why citizens with licenses to carry are discouraged from availing themselves of those situations.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Thug culture on display.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Thug culture on display.

The pc crowd on here will label you're statement as racist and bigoted. True statement though.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Some of the responses seems to show just how pampered the middle class is, and unaware of the reality happening every day in the ghetto. My family started off in similar areas, but quickly moved to better neighborhoods. Every district going up the socioeconomic rung has their own distinct feel to it. You deal with gang/thug life in the ghetto, and you deal with pretentious, clueless richies in the upper-class suburbs.
edit on 13-5-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

i live in a community with 4% black and asian (based on federal statistics). And a 48% split of white and hispanic.

i can say with 100% certainty that 'thug culture' has nothing to do with race beyond the typical stereotype. Thugs have always existed in every civilization since forever.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
You deal with gang/thug life in the ghetto, and you deal with pretentious, clueless richies in the upper-class suburbs.

Well said.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

In my state, the law views concealed carry intervention as follows: you are who you defend.

So if you roll up on a guy beating a woman up and you pull your piece to get him off her, but he's beating her because she just stabbed him in an unprovoked attack, guess what? You're getting charged, hero. Not too long ago a lady shot a biker who was holding another biker on the ground at knifepoint. Concealed carry permit, saved the day, blah blah blah.

Problem is, the guy with the knife was an undercover state investigator and had already been stabbed once before disarming his attacker and holding him till uniforms showed up. Thanks to being shot in the back, his attacker was able to flee the scene relatively unharmed.

You are who you defend.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: UnBreakable

i live in a community with 4% black and asian (based on federal statistics). And a 48% split of white and hispanic.

i can say with 100% certainty that 'thug culture' has nothing to do with race beyond the typical stereotype. Thugs have always existed in every civilization since forever.

Oh, I agree. There are plenty of white thugs I have encountered. But in the last few years the term 'thug culture' has seemed to take on a racial connotation rather than a criminal category which isn't race specific.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Eight of us are playing Dungeons and Dragons when we hear the cry of a woman yelling "rape".

We arm up with clubs, swords, bows, and darts; deploy into the darkness and emerge in a semicircle into the streetlight over a black male and black woman arguing and arm grabbing each other outside a truck.

The two of them freeze as they see our eight silhouettes armed and effectively surrounding them against the truck. There is no way they can know only two of the weapons are real, that most of them are early L.A.R.P. padded sparing weapons. He swallows. She is wide eyed.

I say to her "Is everything ok?"

Nodding quickly, "Yes, let's go" she says to him. And the truck is already leaving. We go back inside to our game.

So enough of my story. I have read the whole thread, but I can't watch a video like that. If I was there I would at least use my voice. But watching a video like this might just agitate me without any outlet. But I do have one question. For those who watched it. How was the sound, and .... more importantly ...

Did she cry rape?

Mike Grouchy
edit on 13-5-2016 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
In my opinion you can't walk past something like this, do nothing, and still call yourself a man, or even a human being.

Sal

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Thug culture on display.

The pc crowd on here will label you're statement as racist and bigoted. True statement though.

Not sure why. all kinds of colors going on in that video, all a bunch of dirty thugs. anyone suggesting racism for that is themselves the racist one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join