It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who cares about Christianity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Do you realize that there are Christians who kill other people as well? You're pointing out the Muslims who kill people while ignoring Christians who do the exact same kind of things.

EVERY religion and culture has its bad apples. Your bias is so obvious.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Christianity is a huge part of the western tradition, without which the west would not have flourished. It is only ever dismissed for its mistakes, but never recognized for its guiding hand in western progress. We can mock its prophets, its priests, its stories, its gods without repercussion; and hence the comfort for some in doing so. Even though it has reformed itself, and continues to reform itself to this day, people still feel the need to criticize it, while giving a religion with dark-age doctrines a free pass.

There is a great book called Icarus Fallen by Chantel Delsol that expresses the European sentiment quite well. You might enjoy a read.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

When you hear of a suicide attack, what religion comes to mind first? Was it Christianity? When you hear of an honour killing, or a stoning, child brides, is it Christianity that comes to mind first?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

The West is incredibly corrupt. But Christianity has nothing to do with that part though does it? It only takes credit for the good, not the overwhelmingly bad.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

A few hundred years ago Christianity would be the religion that came to mind when those things were mentioned. What's your point?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

By the way, those Mexican drug cartels that do similar things to ISIS nearly every day? They are Christian.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
After everything that has happened in Europe noone belives that Islam is a religion of love, that has been complety disproven, I would postulate that Islam is a Nationality not a religion

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

By the way, those Mexican drug cartels that do similar things to ISIS nearly every day? They are Christian.

And everyone is trying to get rid of them, are you saying the isis repersents all islam ? becouse isis does NOT

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

ISIS absolutely does NOT represent Islam as a whole, I never said it did. But I'm assuming the fear mongering presented in this thread about Islam was said in light of the actions of ISIS, implying that they do represent Islam as a whole.

This thread is a case of generalizing an entire population based on the actions of a few.
edit on 5/13/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

publicly executed a 7-year-old boy

Darned kids never learn.
That'll teach him!
edit on b000000312016-05-13T09:26:21-05:0009America/ChicagoFri, 13 May 2016 09:26:21 -0500900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

This is the most ignorant post I have ever read on ATS.

A Christian does not do similar things like ISIS.

You do not know what a Christian is.

You hate is eating you up and it only makes your disabilities worse.

You blame God and everyone else......take a long look in the mirror and remember life is not fair.

You are failing your final exam.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

A Muslim does not do similar things to what ISIS does. See, I can use the "no true Scottsman" fallacy as well.

Your hate for Islam is eating you up and it only makes your disabilities worse. See, I can use the strawman fallacy as well.

You're failing your final exam as well it seems.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Do you think having the Islam beliefs as the number one religion will make Europe a safer place even though muslims have been killing themselves in the Middle East for minor offenses since the begining of their faith. Is Sharia law better for the western world.... you best get ready for change because it is already here and will be running western Europe within one decade.
It was Christ's church that He would build and is still in charge of that .We see man made churches that have a few members of Christ's church within them .He is able to take out of Islam as many as He decides to and just because you see the church does not mean you can actually see "The Church".....The real church can do home church like it has always done and seems to be on the increase in North America . I am not going t worry about it and will assume that when the last believer is added to the book of life then the Church will be finished being built.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

My point is you cannot even name it, or refuse to do so. You will not orientate yourself towards a real problem. My point is it is not a few hundred years ago.

Christianity is not the reason drug cartels engage in killing.

The west has its failings, it's mistakes, but at least it can criticize itself for doing so. You must wonder why immagrents flock to the west and not the other way around. It's because the west is better, and Christianity has a lot to do with it.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

When I hear of beheadings I think of Islam, not because I believe they are the only ones who do such things but because that is the narrative that is being pushed in the West constantly.

And no, the West is not better, it is just as corrupt as any other part of the world, if not moreso. Would you be willing to say that Christianity has a lot to do with its failings? If not, why?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

the irony of a westerner criticizing the west, while using western freedoms to do so.

Have you travelled to a non-western country, where non-western ideals dominate?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

As if the West is the only place with free speech and access to the internet. Lol. I'm allowed to criticize my home, there is no irony unless you believe the West is the only place with such freedoms.

Would you attribute the failures of the West to Christianity? If not, then how can you attribute all of its successes to Christianity? That sounds like a double standard.
edit on 5/13/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Are you actually saying you think with approximately 7% of the population of the EU (excluding Turkey) being Muslim that within 10 years Europe will convert to be similar to the worst of Islamic nations? The 7% are so extraordinarily powerful that they will be able to overturn the laws of the land, and the culture of the "other 93%?"

Honestly, if that's even a remotely plausible outcome, then non-Muslim Europeans might as well capitulate now. You speak as if Muslims in Europe are all extremists with super-powers. Either that, or you're just brimming over with irrational fear and cowardice. I cannot find a speck of rational thinking in the OP.
edit on 5/13/2016 by dogstar23 because: Typo - accidentally said I CAN find a speck of rational thinking in the OP, but I can't. Not even one speck. It is completely and totally devoid of specks. It is thoroughly de-speck-tacled.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

As if the West is the only place with free speech and access to the internet. Lol. I'm allowed to criticize my home, there is no irony unless you believe the West is the only place with such freedoms.

Would you attribute the failures of the West to Christianity? If not, then how can you attribute all of its successes to Christianity? That sounds like a double standard.

Of course you are allowed to criticize your home; Christianity as well. That's the beauty of it: you have the freedom to do so.

I never attributed all the successes of the west to Christianity. Roman law has a big part to do with it. Greek philosophy. Science. Etc. Christianity is a large part of that tradition, yes.

What do you think about Sharia law?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

But you wouldn't attribute any of its failures to Christianity? Why not? You keep avoiding the question.

I think Sharia Law is a terrible idea but not all Muslims want Sharia Law. That would be like saying all Christians want a Christian theocracy in America.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join