It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White men killed more American police

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

That page has it broken down by everything except race. I didn't find any obvious links for a breakdown of race.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A 4 month sample size of a small number...every statistician in here is rolling their eyes. and the number is not even far out. And if this number includes hispanics which some do include as white then it would be lol.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative
a reply to: Domo1

Still doesn't change the fact that conservative news sites have been quiet about cop killings but You best believe that if a 59% rise in the number of police officers shot and killed in the line of duty could be blamed on immigrants, Mexicans, or black folk, it would be a regular conservative talking point.

Kinda hard to push the evil brown people killing cops when they are not the ones doing the killing.

Exactly how many cops were killed so far this year nation wide? 35total? 17 by gunfire? 14 by vehicle?4 other? With small numbers like that the percentages can swing wildly.

You are entirely correct, and why Race Faker and Gun Hypocrite Shaun King's clickbait article is a farce.

FOR ALL THE COP HATING RACIST AMERICA PROPONENTS TAKING SHAUN KING'S WORD FOR GOSPEL, sit down, put on your thinking caps and let me explain why, with a bit of basic math, you can learn why King is presumptive and definitely premature in his stupid article.

King Claims that 71% of American Cops killed by gunfire this year are killed by white people, this is technically true, but as Alien Abduct so succinctly put, with numbers as small as these (17), the percentages can vary wildly. Shaun is trying to abuse that by throwing out percentages that seem huge (oh my god, 71%?!, thats like crazy high!)

For a bit of basic math. What King has done, has taken the total number of murders (17) and divided it by 100.

17/100 = 0.17

Doing this divides 17 up into 100 equal parts. If you now take this small number and multiply it by 71%, you get 12 murders

So, 71 "percent" = 'only' 12 murders.

Now, let us figure out which share of the overall percentage each murder is responsible for.

Take 100 (percent) and divide it by 17 (total murders)
100/17 = ~5.9

This means that each murder accoutns for a whopping 5.9% of ALL murders.

This is where the critical thinking aspect comes in. I know this is hard for those of you who allow Progressive mouthpieces to do your thinking for you, but it's important to uncover the truth here.

We are not even half way through the year, it is reasonable to expect (unfortunately) that more cops are going to be murdered this year. Let's add just 1 more hypothetical murder, and total out to 18 and do that last calculation all over again.

100/18 = ~5.5 or, in our hypothetical 18 total cop murders, each individual murder accounts for 5.5% of all total murders.

Now consider the very real possibility that the next murder is not done by white person (we will leave the whole White Hispanic vs. Non-White Hispanic thing open for now))

Holding on to the 12 white murders, white peoples new share of total murders drops down to 66%, much more reflective of the Non-Hispanic White share of the population we have.

Now, I understand that this may even be a bit of a stretch, but let's add just one more non-white murder
100/19 = ~5.2

again, holding onto the 12 murders whites are responsible for, whites are now responsible for 62.4% - under non-white shares of the population of ~65%

Hopefully this little exercise shows you that King trying to play the numbers game probably isn't the best drivel you should be spreading considering how precarious the current numbers are. This is why the numbers games that are thrown out are always so ridiculous, you can do amazing things with numbers.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

originally posted by: Domo1
Yeah, and more white men were killed by police.

There are way more of us white men. So the numbers are going to be higher. I bet white men also get more flat tires.

There are more white people convicted of murder too! Because there are more of us.

Compare the percentages and you're not going to post it.

THIS, its a percentage thing! What percent of the population commits what percent of crimes? Stats!

Here is a chart, and it separates hispanic from white, which most don't.

www.amren.com...

Also, this chart is gold, thank you for it, it will be put to good use in future debates.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
A 4 month sample size of a small number...every statistician in here is rolling their eyes. and the number is not even far out. And if this number includes hispanics which some do include as white then it would be lol.

Agree, unfortunately, many people allow progressive mouthpieces like Shaun King to do their thinking for them. They will read this article, not look into the gray area that I just examined, take it at face value and then cite it at the next protest of a gang bangers death who is killed after taking a shot at a cop. I also for some reason don't see Shaun King publishing another article if the numbers sway a different way.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

100 bucks Black men get more white coochie than white men as well.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Very few are truly racist----prejudice yes (pre-judge)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FullBloodedNative

I doubt the dead policemen care what color the person was that killed them.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That page has it broken down by everything except race. I didn't find any obvious links for a breakdown of race.

Neither did I but when I found that page and seen the whole numbers were so small I realised the percentages can swing too wildly to go by the one set. You would need historical data for an average number, and as you mentioned also obviously data showing killings by race.

These are things that should have been provided by the OP.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: FullBloodedNative

Still doesn't change the fact that conservative news sites have been quiet about cop killings but You best believe that if a 59% rise in the number of police officers shot and killed in the line of duty could be blamed on immigrants, Mexicans, or black folk, it would be a regular conservative talking point.

Kinda hard to push the evil brown people killing cops when they are not the ones doing the killing.

Exactly how many cops were killed so far this year nation wide? 35total? 17 by gunfire? 14 by vehicle?4 other? With small numbers like that the percentages can swing wildly.

You are entirely correct, and why Race Faker and Gun Hypocrite Shaun King's clickbait article is a farce.

FOR ALL THE COP HATING RACIST AMERICA PROPONENTS TAKING SHAUN KING'S WORD FOR GOSPEL, sit down, put on your thinking caps and let me explain why, with a bit of basic math, you can learn why King is presumptive and definitely premature in his stupid article.

King Claims that 71% of American Cops killed by gunfire this year are killed by white people, this is technically true, but as Alien Abduct so succinctly put, with numbers as small as these (17), the percentages can vary wildly. Shaun is trying to abuse that by throwing out percentages that seem huge (oh my god, 71%?!, thats like crazy high!)

For a bit of basic math. What King has done, has taken the total number of murders (17) and divided it by 100.

17/100 = 0.17

Doing this divides 17 up into 100 equal parts. If you now take this small number and multiply it by 71%, you get 12 murders

So, 71 "percent" = 'only' 12 murders.

Now, let us figure out which share of the overall percentage each murder is responsible for.

Take 100 (percent) and divide it by 17 (total murders)
100/17 = ~5.9

This means that each murder accoutns for a whopping 5.9% of ALL murders.

This is where the critical thinking aspect comes in. I know this is hard for those of you who allow Progressive mouthpieces to do your thinking for you, but it's important to uncover the truth here.

We are not even half way through the year, it is reasonable to expect (unfortunately) that more cops are going to be murdered this year. Let's add just 1 more hypothetical murder, and total out to 18 and do that last calculation all over again.

100/18 = ~5.5 or, in our hypothetical 18 total cop murders, each individual murder accounts for 5.5% of all total murders.

Now consider the very real possibility that the next murder is not done by white person (we will leave the whole White Hispanic vs. Non-White Hispanic thing open for now))

Holding on to the 12 white murders, white peoples new share of total murders drops down to 66%, much more reflective of the Non-Hispanic White share of the population we have.

Now, I understand that this may even be a bit of a stretch, but let's add just one more non-white murder
100/19 = ~5.2

again, holding onto the 12 murders whites are responsible for, whites are now responsible for 62.4% - under non-white shares of the population of ~65%

Hopefully this little exercise shows you that King trying to play the numbers game probably isn't the best drivel you should be spreading considering how precarious the current numbers are. This is why the numbers games that are thrown out are always so ridiculous, you can do amazing things with numbers.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Thanks for breaking it down for everyone.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, unfortunately, as predicted - another Police Officer has been killed in the line of duty. And, also as predicted, it was not by a white man.

For all the criminal apologists and Shaun King worshippers, see Alien Abduct's comment above mine to see why now, voila! White men are no longer over-represented . . . . .

*Poof*

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Black Race loves to stay on their cribs unless there is a gang war to expand Territory. Asians stay in Chinatown. While white race does it mafia style all over the world.
edit on 20-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I think the reason you don't find the stats: it is a political nightmare for law enforcement.

its the main reason that 'caucasian' blends white and hispanic. without number fudging the stats would show the blatantly obvious: criminal justice, for whatever reason and through whatever mechanism, has adverse impacts on black people at a much higher level than any other racial grouping.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I think the reason you don't find the stats: it is a political nightmare for law enforcement.

its the main reason that 'caucasian' blends white and hispanic. without number fudging the stats would show the blatantly obvious: criminal justice, for whatever reason and through whatever mechanism, has adverse impacts on black people at a much higher level than any other racial grouping.

I agree, that's a very good point. I did question my self why the stats were presented that way but I didn't allow myself to think about it too much when I noticed it. Very well put.

And in fact I think your point is the root of both sides of the argument. And if I am correct about this being the root of both sides of the argument....well look at who is in the middle. Hmm some food for thought there.

Thanks for that enlightening post.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and Necro this thread here in response to the "Despite being stopped the least amount of times white people have murdered the most cops this year" topic created by theyseeme that has gotten a lot of attention. (Who, as evidenced by his thread creation history, has an obvious hatred of white people)

Earlier on this very page, I broke down Race Faker and gun hypocrite Shaun King's methodology for his bogus and premature claim that whites share a disproportionate amount of murders of police officers.

Well here we are 2 months and several dead cops later. In the same spirit as my last post, I will break down the numbers again so we can see which races are murdering more cops.

On my last post, made on May 20th, the body count of dead (murdered by gunfire, which is what Shaun King was using) LEO stood at 18

Since then, according to www.odmp.org... which tracks deaths of active police officers, and using the same cause of death (gunfire, we are not even tracking other causes of death such as vehicular assault) - 10 more cops have been murdered, and we are not even counting the 2 confirmed dead LEO in Baton Rouge as of this morning, so 12 more have been murdered. One of those cops however, was a Puerto Rican Police Officer. For simplicity and fairness sake (since Puerto Rico is primarily Puerto Ricans, it doesn't seem fair to assume it would be anyone other than a Hispanic Puerto Rican) we will not include his murder (albeit still senseless and tragic) in the numbers. So we have 11 murders to account for now.

We already know that the Baton Rouge shooter was Black, so that is 2 deaths White men are not responsible for
We know the Dallas shooter was Black, so that is 5 more deaths White men are not responsible for.
That is 7 just in mass Police shootings alone. 7 out of the additional 11 deaths we have to now make up for.

Of the 4 remaining deaths, we have the following:
www.odmp.org...
www.odmp.org...
www.odmp.org...
www.odmp.org...

Rona ld Tarentino Jr. Murdered by a Hispanic Male
David Francis Michel Jr Murdered by a Black Male
Court Officers Joseph Zangaro and Ronald Kienzle Murdered by a White man

So, out of the 11 officers murdered since my last post and Shaun King's bogus claim, 9 of them have been murdered by non-white men.

Using the same figures as my previous post, we will re-calculate:

100 (percent) / 27 (murders by gunfire) = 3.70.

Each murder accounts for 3.7% of the total amount of police officers killed. As we have already discussed, the "small" number of murders artificially inflates the percentages, and any one murder has an exorbitant impact on the shares.

At the time Shaun King wrote his article. He claimed that 71% of officers murdered were murdered by White men. At the time, I calculated how he got that figure. He took the total number of murders and divided it by 100, then counted out how many White Men had killed cops

17 (murders) / 100 (percent) = 0.17

0.17*71 (percent) = 12 murders. At the time King made his claim, if we assume he was right in that claim, it meant that White men were responsible for 12 out of 17 total murders at the time.

We will now do the same with current figures. If we keep the same numbers, we know that White men are responsible for at least 12 murders. Now we have to include the 2 additional murders that psycho in Michigan committed against those court officers. The only 2 additional police murders White men are responsible for since May 20th. This totals out to 14 out of 27 murders.

14 murders / 27 = 0.518, or just under 52%

Despite White people making up ~65% of the population, we are only "responsible" for 52% of police murders.

Just for #s and giggles, let's see Black peoples' share of the LEO murders with just these last 2 mass shootings.

5+2 = 7

7 murders / 27 total murders = 0.259, or just under 26%

Now, according to my handy dandy Wikipedia, Black people make up only 12.6% of the U.S. population. So in short, this year so far (still premature), Black people are responsible for twice their "share" of Police Murders than they should be.

edit on 17-7-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join