It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live video from Chinese commercial satellite JL-1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hi guys! This is groundbreaking and pretty alarming especially for a civilian commercial satellite. China will launch 10 more to conclude the initial 14-satellite network by the end of 2016. There will be 60 in orbit by 2020 and 138 by 2030.

This 'commercial' stuff is but a facade and a smokescreen. The real intention? With the combination of space based weapons, not only would China be able to monitor ground forces including missile systems and mechanized formations in real-time, but also visually track all big flying objects such as Air Force 1 and blast it out of the sky in quick time once they weaponize space based platforms. (Video at 0:48)

Here's the video....

Big red brother is watching you 24X7! There will be no place to run, no place to hide!

edit on 13-5-2016 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I want one of these to track my girlfriend in real-time!!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Kind of explains the need for all those DUMBS...doesn't it.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Interesting.

Just read in another thread Trump supporters are idiots for having a concern about China.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ColonelSF

Get a new girlfriend, or is it you doing the cheating
lol

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Did I read that right? Did someone imply that space has not been weaponised unitl China sent a military weapon into space recently??

Its incredulous that someone body could actually BELIEVE that US and its allies did not weaponaise space a long time ago, and they were the first to do so??

This is just not possible for somebody to post something like this and be serious.

They have either be born in the last 10 seconds or they have been paid to come on here and make such intelligence insulting statements.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Did I read that right? Did someone imply that space has not been weaponised unitl China sent a military weapon into space recently??

Its incredulous that someone body could actually BELIEVE that US and its allies did not weaponaise space a long time ago, and they were the first to do so??

This is just not possible for somebody to post something like this and be serious.

They have either be born in the last 10 seconds or they have been paid to come on here and make such intelligence insulting statements.

'Star Wars' or what was called SDI (Strategic Defence Initiative) of the US of A was a flop of horrendous proportions! It was terminated due to the enormous costs involved. But does the US have a scaled down ongoing space weapons program? I haven't the faintest clue.

Probably you can throw some light on this?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

But.. but!... ChINA!

Those are the BADDIES! Not the US-buddies (they are allowed to have all the things in space, because, buddies!).

Yeah. I applaud the Chinese for this. Because didn't we all learn one thing which is so very, very good about capitalism: competition is good for the companies, nayyyy: people!

Why should there be any kind of embargo concerning space?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The technology invested in commercial satellites is quite extraordinary. Is this any different to Western types used for mapping and other work?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The technology invested in commercial satellites is quite extraordinary. Is this any different to Western types used for mapping and other work?

I'm not sure whether the US has military satellites like the commercial Chinese JL-1, providing real time imagery. They probably do.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

There are many "real time" satellites covering weather and environmental themes. A couple below.

EUMETSAT
NOAA

It's hardly complex science to go from real-time sea temperature monitoring to real-time imagery (on a clear day). No doubt that the military of many nations can zoom in on Jo Bloggs sunbathing in his back garden. It's not really a technical problem any more.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

A Global system of eyes peering down on every inch of the Planet at all times.
Sounds more like a totalitarians dream.

You will be tracked 24/7 whether you have a cell phone or not,there will be no place off the grid.
In the hands of the technocrats this will be hideous.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Big red brother is watching you 24X7! There will be no place to run, no place to hide!

As big white brother U(N)SA does, too!
As the whole world knows!
As a citizen from the "civilized" western world, i am more afraid of "my own people", western agencies and corporations spying on me, telling me lies about this all just would happen to save us from every evil(drugs, terrorism etc) on earth. But they started to tell those lies first when whistleblowers endangered their own lifes, to tell the people the truth. Before, they did and kept all that spying on western citizens hidden.

So, if there are russians, or chinese, north coreans spying on the west, that would be something "normal", because they are "The Enemy"(TM), as we are teached, in the "civilized" western world, the place of "freedom and democracy". But they wouldn´t try to spy on almost all of us normal citizen, because, for now maybe, that doesn´t make much sense. But the chinese spy on their own people, as we all know, and as all chinese citizen know too. And we all know the reasons for that spying and censoring from such "bad and evil" governments on their own, poor citizens!

So ask yourself, why did the chinese people always know about their "rulers" spying on them, while the western "rulers", under the "rule" of the U(N)SA, the ruler of the formerly Five, now Four Eyes(-Canada), did all that to us western citizens secretly?

So, who in reality is speaking with two tongues, is two faced, insidious, foul playing and lying to it´s citizens? Telling something from freedom and democracy, and how bad governments like the russians, the chinese and who else are to their citizens, while being more bad by their own, because of speaking with tongues, the two face thing!

I will not say that the chinese, the russians, are better than the west, but i want to say that the west is maybe even more evil than those "unjust nations", that for sure, only the others, the enemies are. Because of that secret, hidden agenda for the profits of the western oligarchs, while the chinese do this public, with their "party", their "communism" thing(it´s predatory capitalism too, in other clothes), every chines knows that their rulers do what the western rulers try to hide, but do too!

And if we see now this live streams from satelites(can´t they zoom in more, come on, show us everything...), if they show it to us now, they use it since more than 10 years! And i guess the west uses it since more than 25 years then! But two-faced as the west is, they don´t even show this for the purpose of propaganda, to keep it hidden from the own people, which are their real target since 9/11!

It´s not the red big brother that i am afraid of, it´s the big brother that keeps playing my best friend, the "protector", the "good white knight", that only wants to save it´s citizens from every evil on this earth, by spying on and lying to them, following only the orders of oligarchs and corporation owners...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

There are many "real time" satellites covering weather and environmental themes. A couple below.

EUMETSAT
NOAA

It's hardly complex science to go from real-time sea temperature monitoring to real-time imagery (on a clear day). No doubt that the military of many nations can zoom in on Jo Bloggs sunbathing in his back garden. It's not really a technical problem any more.

By real time I mean real time moving images not static images as shown by weather satellites. None of them can show MOVING vehicular traffic like the one shown in the video taken by the Chinese JL-1

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Russia developed a co-orbital ASAT system designed to operate like a shotgun in space in the 60s and 70s, as well as putting a 23mm gun on Salyut-3 for testing. The US hasn't confirmed any weapons in orbit, but has several satellites that could be used as dual purpose systems and could have some kind of weapon added on.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Something similiar, when i read the german news now, the Verfassungsschutz(protection of the constitution) warns us from the almighty and evil, eastern Putinrussia, which seems so bad and overpowered, that the west has to be afraid of Superputinrussia all the time, now it is because of cyber attacks.

Nobody of the Verfassungsschutz, the BND, the MAD and how all these agencies are called, no politician, nobody except whistleblowers warned us german citizen, or told us about the spying of the USA on every german citizen, including the chancellor, many politicians, even industrial espionage is reported more than once.

Nobody told us, even when "our" politicians knew about that foreign attack on german citizen, no, they even helped the NSA to spy on every german citizen, and to keep all that hidden.

But when it might be that the "evil and bad russians" maybe might start a cyberattack on the west, somewehere in the unknown future, that is a reason to warn us now from cyber attacks here in the west, in germany.

Because those attacks are evil, because they are not Four-Eyes attacks to secure us from the terrorists that we citizens potentially all are by ourselves, for our own rulers. Spying is preventing from terrorism, to fight drugs, criminality, to make the world a better place, a place full of freedom and love, where all people are the same rich, love each other, when spying on us comes from "our own" side, "our own" "protectors and white knights", to save us from all evil.

But beware if the evil (not western)enemies do so, than the same thing is evil, bad, immoral, an attack on the whole western world, to fight us, to bring us down, to kill maybe all of us.

Man, am i happy that western spying on western citizens is a "very, very good thing", with "completely other targets" than if others spy on their enemies...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

visually track all big flying objects such as Air Force 1 and blast it out of the sky in quick time once they weaponize space based platforms.

I wouldn't worry about that happening very soon. They still can't figure out how to build a toaster, never mind a space based weapon.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrionHunterX

originally posted by: Azureblue

'Star Wars' or what was called SDI (Strategic Defence Initiative) of the US of A was a flop of horrendous proportions! It was terminated due to the enormous costs involved. But does the US have a scaled down ongoing space weapons program? I haven't the faintest clue.

Probably you can throw some light on this?

I did read or heard on something like a whistle blower or someone like that, said the whole SDI thing was a hoax designed to push the USSR over the edge financially as they believed SDI was real and so the USSR had to keep up. The resultant spending is what in fact led to the collapse of the USSR. The US defeated them in a spending war through the agency of the SDI Hoax.

how true is that? you decide.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This this out:

new topics

top topics

join