It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders' campaign manager: 'we're going to have a contested convention'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Swills

You don't survive in DC for 4 decades without being establishment.

Calling Bernie anti-establishment is funny, but hardly realistic.

What's the problem with being establishment? Sanders has spent nearly 40 years in DC, he knows how to get things done. Trump has spent 30 years being heavily involved with DC, he knows how to get things done.

Do you know what happens when you bring in a true outsider? They have no idea how anything functions and are rendered 100% ineffective. I don't understand this push to bring in people who don't know what they're doing under the guise that it's anti establishment. Do you know who did that historically? Let me give you a hint, it involved a Bolshevik rebellion and mass starvation as all the farmers and manufacturers were thrown out and the industries seized by the outsider, anti establishment people who didn't know what they were doing.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

thanks for backing up my negative view of Americans!

Who's going to pay? - well the US worked out how to pay for Iraq and bail out the bankers.. why is your childrens future suddenly not worth paying for? perhaps the taxes on the wealthy and the destruction of off shore accounts could pay for it, eh? or maybe just stop starting wars!

Abortion? - who's trying to take it away. Sanders simply agrees with the concept that women should be given a choice.

Guns? - there are obviously loop holes - sanders wants better background checks - which makes the community safer. Again, where is the negative here?

Tax the rich? - well, if we taxed them more, stopped them using offshore accounts and shell companies i think that would work out pretty well for your economy. dont you?

again, you cannot actually explain why Sanders is bad.. you just like that typical nonsense your TV spews.
edit on 12/5/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/5/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: carewemust
The DNC convention will not be "contested". It will be all Bernie's, if the timeline of Hillary's indictment rumors are true.

I can only imagine the furor if Clinton is tapped as the nominee ... and then winds up behind bars. Bernie won't even see the table scraps.

I've called the election for Trump in a landslide. But, if the above occurs ... it'll look like the election took place in North Korea.

Muhwahahahaha

If Sanders wins it will be 100% because the Republicans pushed for an investigation into Hillary.

If Sanders makes it to the general he will be the next President.

100%, i would not bet on that. Things can change, but considering the polls..damn near close. Sanders polls much better than Hillary. He has the potential to mop-the-floor with Trump, while Hillary squeaks by.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
And finally, tax the rich more? Uh huh. Let's see how that works out. Dollars moved to offshore accounts, corporations, if they haven't already, will be moving headquarters to tax havens around the world.

Lets say people use offshore accounts to hide money tax free. You have three options:

Option 1: Tax them more. Money not hidden is taxed more, other money remains hidden and isn't taxed. Revenues increase.
Option 2: Tax them less. Hidden money isn't taxed at all, why not leave that money hidden? What isn't hidden is taxed less. Revenues decrease.
Option 3: No change. Revenues remain neutral.

If you're proposing 18 to 20 trillion in additional spending over the next decade as both Bernie and Trump are doing, the only option is to increase revenues.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

We've lived a century of establishment republicans and democrats.

And every 4 years, things get a little worse.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is a sign of something. Can't remember what.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Can't remember what.

People (I believe falsely) attribute that to Einstein saying the sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Kind of a dumb statement. I wouldn't know how to ride a bike if I expected to fall every time. Not implying you're dumb btw. In this case it makes some sense. Like how communism always fails (triggering).
edit on 1220160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
My first choice is Trump. My second choice is Bernie. My Seventeen Thousandth choice is Hillary.

Before Hillary comes Mickey Mouse, Ronald McDonald, Joe Biden, Darth Vader, and a host of other more palatable characters. In short... ANYBODY But Clinton!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
So you've already had a negative view of Americans. My words did nothing to sway you either way.
Also, I don't watch TV.
And if you're not here to vote or pay taxes in the US, then your opinion holds zero merit.
Also, I never once ever authorized the Iraq war. Never against abortion. Think gun control is fine the way it is. (Remembers, criminals don't care about laws). And you have zero evidence to show either way if companies/corporations/rich people will follow what you believe. But what I do know is that the US has already lost jobs by the hundreds of thousands.
edit on 12-5-2016 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Are things really getting worse? In the last century women have gained the right to vote. Blacks and other minorities are largely treated as equals. Gays are starting to get equality. We've lead the world in technological development, come out on top of two world wars, defeated Communism, put people on the moon, had massive increases in quality of life, expanded educational opportunities, made retirement a realistic goal for most people, and I could continue.

Lets look at less time, just since 2000. Health care was expanded to 10's of millions more people. Gays have gained civil rights. Atheists are considered people. Oil dependence has been eliminated. Cell phones and the internet are now more common than books used to be. Cars are safer than ever. Crime, including violent crime has sharply declined. The spread of AIDS is down worldwide. Treatment of AIDS and many other illnesses has radically improved. People overall are more educated.

Don't get caught up in looking at the political fights of the moment, everything looks ugly in through that lens. Instead look at how trends have evolved over decades. There has been more success over the past 10 and 20 years than the rest of our nations history combined, in just about every metric other than purchasing power.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

But if you hit your thumb with a hammer, but think the next time you hit your thumb with a hammer, it'll feel good, then I really wouldn't trust you to feed my cats.

(I do see your point)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

So you've already had a negative view of Americans. My words did nothing to sway you either way.

just those that cannot think for themselves. Or those that put their ability to horde guns above all others safety.
Or those that think FOX NEWS is the best source for their convictions. Those types... which, sorry to say, you really portrayed yourself as!

your still yet to explain why Sanders policies are bad.. if you so educated on the matter it shouldn't be hard!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Yeah this is one of those situations where the quote makes sense. I just don't think Einstein would have been so definitive about it since it's very situational.

Maybe I don't want to feed your cats. I would feed your cats.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
My first choice is Trump. My second choice is Bernie. My Seventeen Thousandth choice is Hillary.

Before Hillary comes Mickey Mouse, Ronald McDonald, Joe Biden, Darth Vader, and a host of other more palatable characters. In short... ANYBODY But Clinton!

I'd stay home before voting for Hillary, which is exactly my intent, but it appears you lack any solid grounding in ideology if Trump is your first choice, and Sanders is the second.

That seems more like a vote for the best "celebrity", rather than a vote on policy or agenda.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

We've done great things and have advanced much, but our freedoms are diminishing, our taxes are increasing, the dollar is being devalued, it's now normal to accept that only 1/3rd of the population is working while 2/3rds are on some sort of government welfare, more people are on food stamps, wars are still being fought (poorly), and our nation is the laughing stock of the planet.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Now dear. . . . .

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

just those that cannot think for themselves. Or those that put their ability to horde guns above all others safety.
Or those that think FOX NEWS is the best source for their convictions. Those types... which, sorry to say, you really portrayed yourself as!

your still yet to explain why Sanders policies are bad.. if you so educated on the matter it shouldn't be hard!

Don't have TV. Don't watch Rupert's sham of a network. Only own 2 guns, since, you know, I lived in bear country for many years. And theres plenty of information out there if you really want to educate yourself. You're not paying me to show you the way. That's on you.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

We've done great things and have advanced much, but our freedoms are diminishing, our taxes are increasing, the dollar is being devalued, it's now normal to accept that only 1/3rd of the population is working while 2/3rds are on some sort of government welfare, more people are on food stamps, wars are still being fought (poorly), and our nation is the laughing stock of the planet.

You mentioned a few areas for concern. The lack of freedoms is the big one, but it's not something that worries me. Rand Paul made a pretty good attempt at removing the Patriot Act, and he was nearly successful. The lack of freedoms these days are more in response to commercial demand to fuel the MIC that powers our economy. The fix for this is more equality between people. When the ultimate methods of equality are cheap (such as a gun), tyrannical government fades away. When they're expensive (such as a nuclear weapon) government becomes more powerful to manage those resources. These days we're in a shift from a nuclear era to an information era. Hacking and encryption are the modern day equalizers and neither is expensive. The whole problem is that currently the threat (information vulnerability) has outpaced the answer (encryption/information security). Things will balance out again, and in the mean time unless you live in NYC your real freedoms like the ability to go buy a big gulp are still in place.

Taxes increasing is a necessary thing, our governments budget is already cut nearly to the bone after 20 years of deficit hawks having a real impact. Revenues currently need to increase by about 50% just to meet financial realities between the medicaid gap which isn't fully funded, future Social Security issues, the deficit, other unfunded liabilities, and starting to remove a little bit of debt we need to raise revenues significantly.

The dollar being devalued is pretty much a non issue. Every currency on the planet is being devalued, the dollar is doing better than just about all of them.

As far as jobs go, what do you expect to happen? Populations can only support #X services for their population size and we've hit that point. With improved automation the number of employees businesses need is going down. Until we wise up and shorten the work week to spread the jobs around the number of unemployed are going to go up. Looking at things another way though, societies needs are being met in fewer hours worked per year and that represents progress.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hillary should do what George Castanza did and give opposite day a go and see if that will make people like her.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Yes, but in option 1, what exactly are you taxing? Money made off of American workers? Money made from American Corporatons? Money made from... See? Loop holes will be found and used. It's not an easy solution to an already trucked up problem. But what I don't want to see is a flippant "solution" that the American people decide is good for the country. That's how we ended up with Obamacare.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Now dear. . . . .

I hate you guys.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join