It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ask Me Anything" Threads -- Reserved For Invited Guests

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
seems to me like a good excuse to prevent whistleblowing from happening around here, censorship,

i get keeping the crazies out, but i dont get refusing ALL AMA's except by invite, for christs sake a former president (or who knows who) could pop up on here with all kinds of wonderful info and youd ban him cause he wasnt invited.......

this doesnt seem like the place i can watch for whistleblowing any longer.
edit on 5/12/16 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I agree with this.

Although perhaps you could have allowed me the opportunity to change my thread title instead of trashing my thread without any explanation.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Any time a thread is trashed a PM is automatically sent from the staff member who trashed it to the member who authored it. If you have a question about why a thread was trashed all you have to do is reply to that message and ask for some clarification.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

I have to say you all are pretty awesome about replying if there's a question. Usually very quickly too. I think anyone who has interacted with mods on ATS and on any other message board is going to be impressed with the team here, good folks.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I agree with this. Although perhaps you could have allowed me the opportunity to change my thread title instead of trashing my thread without any explanation.

Why change the title? Just have inserted your thread into the "Hoax" Forum instead; you may have had a chance to defend it.

edit on 13-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

i agree with this, whats next, if you have bombshell info or a cool invention someone wantsto show ats they have to be invited? bad call , in my opinion.
edit on 13-5-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Anyone can still post whatever they want (within T&C).

SO is referring to the recent trend of people posting with the specific thread title "Ask Me Anything" which makes it looks like our official AMA threads.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums

Any time a thread is trashed a PM is automatically sent from the staff member who trashed it to the member who authored it. If you have a question about why a thread was trashed all you have to do is reply to that message and ask for some clarification.

I did there was no response

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I agree with this. Although perhaps you could have allowed me the opportunity to change my thread title instead of trashing my thread without any explanation.

Why change the title? Just have inserted your thread into the "Hoax" Forum instead; you may have had a chance to defend it.

well apparently it was the title that was the problem with it

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
originally posted by: Alien Abductoriginally posted by: vethumanbeing

Alien Abduct:I agree with this. Although perhaps you could have allowed me the opportunity to change my thread title instead of trashing my thread without any explanation.

vhb: Why change the title? Just have inserted your thread into the "Hoax" Forum instead; you may have had a chance to defend it.

Alien Abduct: well apparently it was the title that was the problem with it

You neglected to include "Hoax" in your OP title statement?
edit on 13-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

(post by Alien Abduct removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Well and I don't mean to be rude, but I think the obvious problem here is that you are not God, but if you link up with one of the staff and perform the raising of the dead Ect I'm sure they'd reconsider.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Thank goodness. People I don't want to ask anything: drunks; Belzebub.

Why not do as everyone else is told to and adult. Like, you know. Ignore it.

I want an ignore button...

"no, you're an adult, you can ignore it."

Ahhhh.. double standards prevail I see

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Well and I don't mean to be rude, but I think the obvious problem here is that you are not God, but if you link up with one of the staff and perform the raising of the dead Ect I'm sure they'd reconsider.

Oh was that the problem? Because that isnt the explanation I was given.

I made a new thread meeting the new guidlines given to me in the PM by Kangaruex4Ewe. Lets see if they change the rules again and take it down.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I thought the recent AMA went well, but I only made it halfway through so far.

Maybe a good standard for posting in those threads would be dependent on a membership criteria, like how seasoned the account is, rather than pre-selection...which is kind of confusing.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Ya know ya 'aint acting very god-like right now airing your dirty laundry in this thread.

'I'm god, AMA?" That was your thread right?

Discuss it directly with staff and leave us all out of this.

edit on 13-5-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Ya know ya 'aint acting very god-like right now airing your dirty laundry in this thread.

'I'm god, AMA?" That was your thread right?

Discuss it directly with staff and leave us all out of this.

First off, the thread in question is directly related to the OP. I didnt see it as a private issue. Seems like a board issue to me. You know if they are changing rules that means they are changing rules for everyone so yeah no thats not a private issue.

Second of all this thread was started by a staff member and my questions were directly aimed at said staff member.

Third, I did not initiate a conversation in this thread with anyone other than a staff member.

So uh what was your point again?

edit on 5/13/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

My point is you must be a very very young little godling to be having this tantrum over a non issue no one else cares to hear about.
Not very advanced discussion for a god. Feels more like the bleating of a little devil

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye
seems to me like a good excuse to prevent whistleblowing from happening around here, censorship,

i get keeping the crazies out, but i dont get refusing ALL AMA's except by invite, for christs sake a former president (or who knows who) could pop up on here with all kinds of wonderful info and youd ban him cause he wasnt invited.......

this doesnt seem like the place i can watch for whistleblowing any longer.

It seems like whistleblowing or groundbreaking information sharing could very easily be done without it being in an "Ask Me Anything" format. The format simply doesn't make sense for anyone except a well-known subject matter "expert."

Example: A nuclear missile silo engineer has a secret to share about how each silo is equipped with 2 Cosmic Divine Being Overseers. He/she could just post that, rather than "I'm a former nuclear missile silo engineer - ask me anything!" It's almost as if the person is trying to play "20 Questions", rather than just "spitting it out." With the invited guests, we know who they are, we know their topic of study/knowledge, and plenty of people probably have specific questions in mind they would like to ask that known person.

I know a great deal about predictive modeling. It's a topic with viable applications in the eyes of the "conspiracy world." If I were to throw up a "I'm a predictive modeling expert - ask me anything!" thread, none of you know if it's really true or what my credentials are, aside from what I tell you. You also don't really know what questions to ask, because I've never told you (you being the wide potential audience) anything before.

If I have information I wish to share about this topic, I can post a topic about it - maybe I'd call it: "Predictive Modeling - Limited Accuracy, Unlimited Potential for Abuse." Within the OP, I could explain my background and my degree of understanding of the topic. It's implied, but people could, of course, feel free to ask me any questions about the topic they may have.

David Icke, for example, has put plenty of information out there, people are familiar with his work and his credentials (whether in agreement with his beliefs or not), and there's a broad range of viable questions within his known subject area. An AMA for David Icke makes sense.

An open-ended "Ask some random guy on the internet anything", in my opinion, does dilute the invited-guest AMAs, as it starts to give the impression that AMAs are stupid and pointless wastes of time, listening to some blowhard's alleged expertise.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

My point is you must be a very very young little godling to be having this tantrum over a non issue no one else cares to hear about.
Not very advanced discussion for a god. Feels more like the bleating of a little devil

Oh thats real mature. Why dont you go spew your wise words on another website, we have enough trolls here.

ON TOPIC, my issue regarding the AMA thread has been resolved. Thank you to all the staff members involved.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join