It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tens of Thousands of Gallons of Crude Oil Spill Into Gulf of Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
More environmental destruction, ATS. Almost 90,000 gallons of crude spilled into the Gulf of Mexico today and even though the spill has already been contained, I think it only further adds to the destruction of this planet by man.

Almost 90,000 gallons of crude oil gushed from a Shell oil facility into the Gulf of Mexico off the Louisiana coast on Thursday, leaving a 13- by 2-mile sheen of oil on the waves, federal authorities said. The Coast Guard said that the spill had been contained and that two companies were being contracted to begin cleanup operations. IMAGE: Map of oil spill site Map of the oil spill site. Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement The Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, which is part of the U.S. Interior Department, said Shell Offshore Inc. reported that production from all wells that flow to its Brutus platform, about 90 miles south of Timbalier Island, Louisiana, had been shut off.

Shell said Thursday night that a company helicopter spotted the sheen near its Glider subsea system at the Brutus platform. No drilling occurs at the site, which is an underwater pipe system that connects to a central hub, the company said.

What says ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 12-5-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
Again? At least it wasn't as bad as the last time.

ETA: It's still bad though.
edit on 12-5-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Just great, I just moved down here to New Orleans like a month ago.

Guess I need to put corexit on my crawfish for a while.

You'd think there'd be more effective oil clean up methods by now, not to mention higher standards of safety for operations.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I just wonder what SOB will need there Life back this time.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Enough is enough. When will these people stop polluting our oceans? It's like they think they own them. I'm sick of it.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

You'd think there'd be more effective oil clean up methods by now, not to mention higher standards of safety for operations.

Ya' think?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Every time they give a quote as to how many gallons spill, it is always way under. There is no way that we could prove it is more so they spit out a number which looks reasonable.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If we don't take care of Mother Earth, she sure as hell won't take care of us!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The Coast Guard said that the spill had been contained and that two companies were being contracted to begin cleanup operations.

They always say that. if it spilled its hardly 'contained'.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The gulf is already pretty much uninhabitable I can only imagine the implications this will have on a already gutted ecosystem.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
If we don't take care of Mother Earth, she sure as hell won't take care of us!

Yeah, we've crapped all over this planet and trashed it to hell...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
The gulf is already pretty much uninhabitable I can only imagine the implications this will have on a already gutted ecosystem.

That's because tens of thousands of gallons of oil are spilled or pumped into the Gulf of Mexico every day, along with toxic chemicals that don't break down.

It's just more attention getting when a 90k gallon spill happens in one dumping, vs. 90k gallons entering the Gulf daily from several hundred sources, from Mexico over to Florida.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Guess I need to put corexit on my crawfish for a while.

If you're getting your crawfish from the gulf then it's a species I'm not familiar with.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Yay!!!! Here we go again
..wonderful job we're doing. Those in and around those areas effected, eat up.... the sweet crude marinated prawns are particularly good this year!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
As a grandmother, this makes me literally sick at my stomach. I don't know how much longer our oceans can be healthy for sustaining life. And yes, the mentality that I own it all over you and your life, permeates corporations.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Are there any Mycoplasma laboratorium like synthetic bacterium being used to clean it.
Also could these synthetic bacterium why cleaning the oil spills feed off of sea wild life and then as that sea life is ingested can it cause genetic changes in its consumers?
The hypothesized SYNTHIA comes to mind.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Our Oceans are really messed up.

I think people and Industry's in particular should be held accountable for the damage and all be bought to justice..... maybe the old way!!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Our Oceans are really messed up.

I think people and Industry's in particular should be held accountable for the damage and all be bought to justice..... maybe the old way!!

I agree but these people/corporations brought our congressmen. They'll only get a slap on the wrist.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This should be the first post on the front page of ATS.

new topics

top topics

join