It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: FBI Reports Suspicious Activity on Inauguration Route

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Other instructions given performers include a warning NOT TO LOOK DIRECTLY at Bush while passing the presidential reviewing stand, not to look to either side and not to make any sudden movements.
Dont look at Bush

I wonder what would happen..............

That is creepy....why will they turn into a pillar of salt or something?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
ziplot, it seems you forgot about our forefathers and how the earlier president used to enjoy having the people in the white house and how parties used to be until everybody was thrown out of the house through the windows.

Anyway we will wait and see.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The estimated cost for the inauguration now exceeds $40 million dollars.

For WHAT?

It sickens me that this kind of expense is permitted while so many people still struggle.

To me, this shows how much our great leaders care about their citizens.

This president and his administration know nothing of honor.

They only understand privileges of the elite.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Bush doesn't want to be considered to be like Nero, fiddling while Rome burns, but if the shoe fits...

Over $40 million for a party is in poor taste when the country is at war and soldiers are relying on their families to provide them with body armour. It is pretty sick to celebrate when you are responsible for putting over a hundred thousand soldiers in harm's way.

In addition, $40 million is an obscene amount of money to spend on something unnecessary. Sure, it is a drop in the bucket in terms of solving the nation's problems, but that isn't the point. I think that there are quite a few people that will look at this event and then look at their lives and feel a strong sense of resentment.

We aren't talking about celebrities here--these are elected government officials partying and spending egregious amounts of money on champagne, limousines, and fancy ball gowns, while most of us are struggling to pay bills, mortgages, and feed our kids. Where is our party?

It is no wonder that security needs to be so tight for this mega-shindig, and it's not going to be terrorists that make trouble. I think that Bush has more to fear from the non-elite, middle-class Americans that he has left out in the cold and uninvited.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Does anyone remember Al Quada asking for volunteers to act suspicious to divert attention from the real plans.

Could this be happening to get the attention of the agencies while the real plan happens elsewhere?

TPL

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I doubt that President Bush will be the target of assassination, and i doubt any attack will occur in the US on Thursday.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Is not paranoia I care less for the president itself but I am very much worry for the people that will be around DC for the celebration.

The paranoia is not because I think terrorists will do something to the people, but what our government militia will to them.

The only one spreading paranoia is the Government itself, with guidelines of how to behave and what not to do because the security around the man that was elected by the citizens of this country (that's what they tell us) wants or not wants.

You are paranoid Marg...there have always been guidelines at inaugurations of past presidents. Do tell me if umbrellas were allowed in Clinton's inauguration as well as most of the items described in the list of items banned for this year's inauguration ceremony. The only one that i know of that is new is the crosses, and it is certain type of crosses as i read elsewhere but don't remember where i read it. As always Marg you are uninformed, and you keep crying wolf not knowing what you are talking about.

Someone asked why puppets are banned, obviously they don't know that you can hide a weapon in a puppet and while making it look like you have an innocent puppet in your hand someone could have a gun or any other weapon..... The same goes for many other items.

This is normal procedure which has been done in past presidential inaugurations.

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne

The anti-abortion Christian Defense Coalition, which is also planning a demonstration, has threatened to sue the government because the Secret Service recently added crosses to its list of objects that are banned from the parade route.

Is it legal to ban crosses? Isn't that a violation of freedom of religion? And *why*?
Why ban crosses?

This may explain why. And please note, not all crosses are banned:
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Tom Mazur, spokesman for the Secret Service, told WorldNetDaily the prohibition is simply a security matter that has nothing to do with the religious nature of the cross.

"The reference to the cross is strictly in regard to structure, certainly not the symbol," he said. "There is no prohibition based on content, only structure or materials that could be used in a potentially harmful or threatening manner."
:
:
Mazur said crosses would be allowed at the parade site if they conform to the same material and size restrictions applied to signs and placards. For example, a cross made of cardboard could be brought, he affirmed.

The memo may be viewed here:
www.earnedmedia.org...

from marg
Remember not to the left and not eye contact either and by not means do not do any sudden movements Mr. Bush does not like that at all.

marg, you don't really think this direction came from the President himself, do you?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well Jsobecky right now its hard to imagine from where it came frome, after all our president has turned weird in the last 4 years you know

He may have some persecution complex.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well Jsobecky right now its hard to imagine from where it came frome, after all our president has turned weird in the last 4 years you know

He may have some persecution complex.

Wait...i think you got confused with someone else.... Look in the mirror and you will see who has some "persecution complex."

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Wait...i think you got confused with someone else.... Look in the mirror and you will see who has some "persecution complex."

humm I smell muaddib targeting my post and insulting me, well muaddib you most have the most boring life when you just love to "persecute me" and target my post. I guess you will go back like a bad boy to the ignore list. bye.

When you grow up we will talk again.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You better be cool with Marge or else I'll havta

and then

and on top of that

As to $40 million for the party, and performers told to not look directly at the President (you'd think you were on the streets of NYC downtown)=

[edit on 15-1-2005 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I agree with superdude. I would cringe if tricky dick had to step up to the plate. The first thing he would do would be to throw Haliburton and all of it's subsidaries one heck of a party and pardon any that might be engaging in any illegal activity at this time. His second act would be to have another series of seceret planning sessions to bilk the Americans out of more money at the pumps!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Marg,
I like you, really i do, as do the others im sure...i can tell from your posts that you mean well,
BUT,
Im in agreement that you generally only post emotively, with little substance, and much paranoia, but hey this IS a conspriacy site right?
Keep fantasizing up the thoeries, they make a fun read.

To ALL the bleeding hearts out there complaining about the needs of the people not being met by the $40 mill cost of the event.....
THIS IS PRIVATE $$$!! THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH IT!
(as i already noted except for the 2.8 mill that is incurred by the bureocracy that bipartizanly says we do this act)
If you feel soo bad for the poor, soldiers without body armor, etc etc...GIVE THEM YOUR $$$!! Stop telling others what they can do with theirs!
Remember them the next time you throw a BBQ at your house for 20 friends....why are you partying with $$$ that could go to them?
Guilt thyself first before applying it to paint others with.

PS When you throw the party, you get to make the rules...like no dancing on the furniture, and no looking at the host...LOL

For all of you soo bummed out about "loss of rights" for being swept for guns and given basic rules of conduct to attend the event...
Why arent you crying about cameras monitoriong you in public places? arent you innocent before needing to be monitored?
Why arent you crying that your being judged guilty when you go to get a job and they say "pee in this cup"?
Where is your angst at your information being electronically compiled and trscked about your spending and internet surfing habits and then being sold?
OHH but its all Bush robbing us of these things right?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You people crack me up all day long. If I am ever feeling a little out of it, I come straight here. One word I can always count on to put a smile on my face.

Totalitarian

Every time someone says that our government is like that it nearly makes me cry. It took me almost 2 minutes to type this. You people have no idea what totalitarian is.

If Bush is so bad of a dictator, why are there so many anti-Bush sites and songs. The FCC has been on Eminems back for years. He makes a song about Bush and he isn't in any trouble.

Don't bother with logic though, you're making me laugh. Facts are, Bush would have been a normal president if it hadn't been for 9-11. That day changed this country, not Bush.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
We have become virtual prisoners in our own country. One second you're told to duck and cover, and the next you don't know how to wipe your rear. Just wait. It will not be soon until Bush enacts Martial Law and then talk about restrictions...! I think he and his old Haliburtan friends and we can't leave Cheney out will enact phase I. I also see several if not all of our civil rights going up in smoke in the name of Homeland Security. I agree with MARGE that our country is just one heartbeat away from 'ole Cheney and Co. moving in. And if that ever happens, bend over and you know what to do.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
We have become virtual prisoners in our own country. One second you're told to duck and cover, and the next you don't know how to wipe your rear. Just wait. It will not be soon until Bush enacts Martial Law and then talk about restrictions...! I think he and his old Haliburtan friends and we can't leave Cheney out will enact phase I. I also see several if not all of our civil rights going up in smoke in the name of Homeland Security. I agree with MARGE that our country is just one heartbeat away from 'ole Cheney and Co. moving in. And if that ever happens, bend over and you know what to do.

No Seriously,

You're killing me. This is the funniest thing. Do you really believe that or are you just joking, anyone? I really want to know. Yeah, our civil rights are just absolutely flying out the window right as we speak. Look out, Bush knows you're saying this, he's coming for you. He's peaking inside your window right now. Cheney is with him.

This stuff is killing me. Bush and Co. haven't done a thing in the past 2 years to make any of this BS credible. The only way any of this could possibly happen is if we are attacked again here in the motherland by something huge.

Then there are 2 scenarios.

1. Terrorists did it. In that case, put soldiers out on the streets, form neighborhood watches and kick some terrorist butt

2. Like some of you crazy people say, Bush did it himself. IF THIS IS THE CASE. GOD help us all because we're in even bigger trouble. WAY OUT OF REALITY. Couldn't happen. Never, totally wacko to even think about. There is not enough money in dictatorship to give it a go.

But please, don't stop because you're killing me. And Marg, I appreciate your concern, but Bush is not as bad as you make him out. But, please don't stop making me laugh.

Thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join