It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wendy's to install robotic kiosks across 6,000 restaurants

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I'm in Newfoundland, Pa. Up in the Pocono Mountains and it is significantly cheaper around here. But yes...I agree. Bottom line is we have work to do to correct things and (IMHO) it won't happen repeating the recent choices of governments.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: JoshuaCox

And I'll gladly call BS back! Lets use your numbers. You got to $1200 per month and ended with $1400 per month. Lets add to that $200 per month for savings just to be nice. That is $1600 per month. That would be $9.23 per hour and I would agree to a $10 per hour minimum wage.

Here in Northeastern PA, a $500 per month apartment in a medium part of town gets you three bedrooms, two baths and about 1200 square feet of space. So for this area of the country, that $10 is acceptable.

But $15 per hour is a 50% raise over that $10 per hour rate. And a bit ridiculous depending upon the job and the location.

Everyone in the country does not live in the one town in pensilvaonia that magically has the min rent possible.

I live in Memphis and a 1 bed room apt in the
hood cost 600...and Memphis has an incredibly cheap cost of living.

Any rural area you can double the transportation cost, so really it's atleast the same their too.

And all of that is ignoring ANY extra expenses. One traffic ticket could take a year to pay off.

I'm actually cool with a ten dollar min wage, if done today... Because that coupled with the social programs available is enough to barely scratch by , but By the time it gets done inflation will have made it meaningless.

I'm well aware how low things are around here. We moved 10 years ago from South Jersey when the taxes on our 3000 square foot home on one acre went to $10k per year. We are in a smaller home here on 1/2 acre paying $700 per year total taxes. And yes...we can't compare apples and oranges. Yet another problem with the minimum wage and the failure of the federal government. They can't represent everyone in every location. The states should delegate these choices so my area is a minimum wage of

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

a reply to: amazing

I'm not arguing automation, I'm arguing the benefit of automation and when and why automation becomes a better value than human labor. While you are welcome to ignore the facts I stated...you provide no other nor do you state a single example of the "right" causing the problem. So without a logical or fact based rebuttal on your part...I'll just leave that as you have nothing to contribute nor a point to make on those subjects.

The fact that the cost of human labor has been increased by Obamacare, a higher minimum wage, etc. is just that...a fact. The higher the cost of human labor, the better automation looks to a business.

It really isn't very difficult to understand. At least for most.

Oh...and LOL!

Just a couple of points. I never said the right caused automation. I'm just saying it's a natural technological evolution of capitalism and our society. There is no left or right wing agenda, it's just profit.

My second point is that automation was happening way before any minimum wage increase or ObamaCare...It doesn't really matter what the left or the right do, it's going to happen whether we like it or not.

Third why do you insist on making everything partisan? Especially my responses here ...which had no partisan agenda or anything. I was just stating facts.

It's almost like you've been brainwashed by Rush limbaugh or Sean Hannity or something. LOL

Responding to your final paragraph...I actually hate them all. Both sides. And if a Republican were in office, I would be calling out the right. Think of it like this...if the current boss is an ass, I'm not going to be talking about the prior boss being an ass also...I'll just be talking about the current one. The other reason why I really hit the left is they are the ones claiming to be "for the people". If you decide to wear the titled of "defender of the people" and then screw them, while everyone else is screwing them...you deserve a harsher response than the norm.

At least my opinion.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

WOW...got cut off somehow. That was supposed to end with "

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Ohhhhh....I see. It didn't like the greater than sign. Again...." less than $10 per hour and $20 per hour elsewhere."

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is actually pretty clever way to prevent terminator skynet uprise from happening.

Put some AI in those bots and we will find out exactly when AI reaches sentient state, the moment those robots start to spit on our food. Then terminate them.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

And I'll gladly call BS back! Lets use your numbers. You got to $1200 per month and ended with $1400 per month. Lets add to that $200 per month for savings just to be nice. That is $1600 per month. That would be $9.23 per hour and I would agree to a $10 per hour minimum wage.

Here in Northeastern PA, a $500 per month apartment in a medium part of town gets you three bedrooms, two baths and about 1200 square feet of space. So for this area of the country, that $10 is acceptable.

But $15 per hour is a 50% raise over that $10 per hour rate. And a bit ridiculous depending upon the job and the location.

Everyone in the country does not live in the one town in pensilvaonia that magically has the min rent possible.

I live in Memphis and a 1 bed room apt in the
hood cost 600...and Memphis has an incredibly cheap cost of living.

Any rural area you can double the transportation cost, so really it's atleast the same their too.

And all of that is ignoring ANY extra expenses. One traffic ticket could take a year to pay off.

I'm actually cool with a ten dollar min wage, if done today... Because that coupled with the social programs available is enough to barely scratch by , but By the time it gets done inflation will have made it meaningless.

I'm well aware how low things are around here. We moved 10 years ago from South Jersey when the taxes on our 3000 square foot home on one acre went to $10k per year. We are in a smaller home here on 1/2 acre paying $700 per year total taxes. And yes...we can't compare apples and oranges. Yet another problem with the minimum wage and the failure of the federal government. They can't represent everyone in every location. The states should delegate these choices so my area is a minimum wage of

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

a reply to: amazing

I'm not arguing automation, I'm arguing the benefit of automation and when and why automation becomes a better value than human labor. While you are welcome to ignore the facts I stated...you provide no other nor do you state a single example of the "right" causing the problem. So without a logical or fact based rebuttal on your part...I'll just leave that as you have nothing to contribute nor a point to make on those subjects.

The fact that the cost of human labor has been increased by Obamacare, a higher minimum wage, etc. is just that...a fact. The higher the cost of human labor, the better automation looks to a business.

It really isn't very difficult to understand. At least for most.

Oh...and LOL!

Just a couple of points. I never said the right caused automation. I'm just saying it's a natural technological evolution of capitalism and our society. There is no left or right wing agenda, it's just profit.

My second point is that automation was happening way before any minimum wage increase or ObamaCare...It doesn't really matter what the left or the right do, it's going to happen whether we like it or not.

Third why do you insist on making everything partisan? Especially my responses here ...which had no partisan agenda or anything. I was just stating facts.

It's almost like you've been brainwashed by Rush limbaugh or Sean Hannity or something. LOL

Responding to your final paragraph...I actually hate them all. Both sides. And if a Republican were in office, I would be calling out the right. Think of it like this...if the current boss is an ass, I'm not going to be talking about the prior boss being an ass also...I'll just be talking about the current one. The other reason why I really hit the left is they are the ones claiming to be "for the people". If you decide to wear the titled of "defender of the people" and then screw them, while everyone else is screwing them...you deserve a harsher response than the norm.

At least my opinion.

Except, that the President of the United States doesn't make local or state laws regarding minimum wage and the Right says they are for the people just as much as the left. They deserve just as much of your anger. You can tell me you're independent and that you "Hate them all" as much as you want, but your "Liberal" rant shows that you have a bias against anyone who isn't a conservative.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The average age of someone working for minimum wage in the US today is 35. So much for that idea I guess.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Ya, it's a nice idea but the reality is there are not enough careers to go around and the # is shrinking..Stevie Wonder could see it. I guess time to look into the robot manufacturing industry..soon to be taken over by robots.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yes, that's what happens when we allow unions to run rampant and then adopt global free trade policies.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The average age of someone working for minimum wage in the US today is 35. So much for that idea I guess.

It's half of them are between 18 and 34.

Your point is still good, just happened to run across the actual stat.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yes, that's what happens when we allow unions to run rampant and then adopt global free trade policies.

We have almost killed all the unions...

I will never understand how the GOP convinced people unions were evil...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It is really sad....

We are on the cusp of a Star Trek type society,Where robots do all the work, and humans could focus on other things. But we might never see it, because we have all been raised to HATE anyone who works less than you with the fire of 1000 suns.

It doesn't matter if they are a great father and husband. If they are crappy at the 9 to 5 thing, them AND their children deserve to starve in the streets...

But if your a crappy father and an unfaithful husband, who is good at buisness. Your a pillar of the community....

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Unions were a needed thing but they have gotten out of control in some instances. I'm worried though that robots will be replacing 30% or more of the workforce soon. What will people do the rich will have their robots and the rest of us will become completely expendable as we no longer are needed to be drivers or butlers or labproers etc.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This just ties into less employment opportunities for those seeking being able to get by. In numerous places these service sector jobs, such as fast food, are the only ones available. Many have to work more than one minimum wage jobs to get buy, meaning paycheck to paycheck, they still don't even live comfortably.

How can one expect them; a) to be at the highest potential at their job if tired from working many shifts at multiple jobs. b) expect them to care about the job which they know they will be sacked as soon as a raise is supposed to be on the horizon/ companies don't want to have workers being more than PT now days because of insurance reasons.

That's not to say that $15.00 an hour is a cure all. Due to greed rental unit management will higher their rents because of people making more money.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That's what always happens regarding rental units. In my city over 60% of rental units are owned by three companies. Boardwalk being the owner of over 25 % of all rental units in the city. The cost of renting an apartment where I live has increased by over 225% over the last twelve years. It's absolute robbery what has happened to housing here and all over the country.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

More likely they will build robots to service the robots.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

So looking at your link...I have a question. I'm not being picky nor arguing, just need some input.

It says...for example
Coal – world average 161 (26% of world energy, 50% of electricity)

That is 161 deaths but also says 50% of electricity. Does that mean that 161 deaths because of coal AND that 50% of those deaths were from coal used to produce electricity? And if so...then 80.5 deaths would be contributed to electric use...that was produced by coal?

For example...if a neighbor asked that with his electric vehicle, how many deaths on average. Would 80.5 be due to his electric use if that electric is generated by coal in this area?

No. Those deaths are deaths per TWH (1000 kw/H) of electricity generated. The second number is percentage of electricity generated that way. So ideally what you want to see is a low first number combined with a high second number as far as safety goes.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: dreamingawake

That's what always happens regarding rental units. In my city over 60% of rental units are owned by three companies. Boardwalk being the owner of over 25 % of all rental units in the city. The cost of renting an apartment where I live has increased by over 225% over the last twelve years. It's absolute robbery what has happened to housing here and all over the country.

Yup on average now days in a lot of places-bigger cities, etc-people are paying more than 1/3 of their(and or roommates) income on rent.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join