It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mitt Romney Jealous of Donald Trump?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think he is seething with jealousy. It is eating him alive. Is it because Donald is richer than him, and much much more popular than Mitt was? I don't know, but Romney is pushing for Trump to release his tax returns when Romney himself didn't release his till Sept. 2012 just weeks before the election. He released one year and a partial summary of tax rates from previous years.

Trump has a good reason for waiting. He is being audited by the IRS as he has been for the last decade!!

Romney is being so petty and demanding as if he actually has any influence anymore. He needs to be told to butt out, imo.

He lost his presidential run. Much of the reason was because of an appearance of arrogance regarding the overheard comments about the 47%:

The video, showing Romney at a closed-doors fundraising event, captures him dismissing 47% of the nation as government-dependent. "My job is not to worry about those people," he says.

He adds: "I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

www.theguardian.com...

Donald Trump doesn't come off like he's above everybody else. He seems to be a man of the average Joe. He actually builds things with his money. He actually creates jobs for others with his money. He actually produces something of value with his money.

IMO, Romney is being a petty jealous brat.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
All of the above plus Romney is one of elitist boys club idiots.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I liked Romney and excused his comments as taken out of context in the venue in which he was speaking. But, I am beginning to think he is obsessed with bringing Donald down and it looks like a case of raging jealousy to me.

You would think he would be talking about Hillary "forgetting" to include years of taxable income from foreign cash:

The American people can smell the whiff of bovine excrement wafting from some of your early headlines. No, Hillary Clinton did not “forget” to report her millions in foreign cash to the IRS. It wasn’t a “mistake” or an “oversight.” The Clinton Foundation reported zero dollars in foreign cash, from 2010 through 2012 , even as it was pulling in tens of millions.
www.breitbart.com...

.....But, no! It's all about Donald.
edit on 12-5-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Donald Trump doesn't come off like he's above everybody else.
a reply to: queenofswords

Are you kidding me? He's an ego maniac!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Romney ran an inept Presidential campaign, period. I'm sure he is jealous of how Trump has done.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sorry but most of you guys probably wont get this but i will still try.

Trump fans are like maple leafs fan, they suck, there loud, there rich, there annoying, and keep on saying that people don't like them cause where jealous.

Nobody is jealous of an idiot, never going to happen.

But yea people hate trump cause there jealous lol

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Donald Trump doesn't come off like he's above everybody else.

Are you kidding me? He's an ego maniac!

I don' see him that way. I have read the accounts of his deeds of generosity and kindnesses and yet, he, himself, seldom boasts about them. His ego is large.....that's a good think for a leader to have, imo....but it isn't maniacal.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
FFCa reply to: queenofswords

Romney is part of the establishment they're all in denial about what's happening. They expected to be where they are forever but in their own selfish greed are being brought to their knees and the evil six headed beast is beginning to suffocate slowly while watching it's own demise. Some people never know when to let it go especially the self proclaimed ruling elite one of which Romney is part of.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The 47% comment was an example of "you can't handle the truth" displayed by his critics. He hit the nail on the head with the comment and should have been praised for it, IMO.

I don't know that Romney is jealous, but I do believe he is a bit scared and he has a great craving for the spotlight. Trump scares him because Trump is one of the very select few men out there who has REAL "F-you" money. Romney doesn't have that type of money, but virtually every other GOP candidate besides Trump has a net worth low enough for Romney to have held sway and power via the authority of wealth. That's upside down for him with Trump in the picture, as Trump can buy Romney's entire life for less than a blip appearing on his overall wealth radar. Romney's spotlight itch can currently only be scratched if he's front and center stage... which he can only be if he's going against Trump. The same stage is too small for those two egos.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Long shot possibility ...

With what we have seen so far, it seems the more anti-Trump rhetoric - the more popular he gets.

Perhaps ol' Romney is playing that same strategy.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The 47% comment was an example of "you can't handle the truth" displayed by his critics. He hit the nail on the head with the comment and should have been praised for it, IMO.

I don't know that Romney is jealous, but I do believe he is a bit scared and he has a great craving for the spotlight. Trump scares him because Trump is one of the very select few men out there who has REAL "F-you" money. Romney doesn't have that type of money, but virtually every other GOP candidate besides Trump has a net worth low enough for Romney to have held sway and power via the authority of wealth. That's upside down for him with Trump in the picture, as Trump can buy Romney's entire life for less than a blip appearing on his overall wealth radar. Romney's spotlight itch can currently only be scratched if he's front and center stage... which he can only be if he's going against Trump. The same stage is too small for those two egos.

Good points!

Donald funded his own campaign. Mitt did not. Romney spent a great deal of his time fund-raising.

The fact Trump will be beholden to nobody is probably eating Mitt up. When we finally go to the general election, Trump will have to raise money for the party, but right now, for him and his own campaign, he is calling the shots without any outside money influences.

Romney knows that and it's eating him up. His power and influence can't buy squat from Donald.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Trump fans are like maple leafs fan, they suck, there loud, there rich, there annoying, and keep on saying that people don't like them cause where jealous.

So you have no argument except to launch baseless insults, which by the way don't even mean what you attempted to have them mean when you substituted "there" for "they're".

I'm not a grammar or spelling nazi but when someone misuses words to that extent while calling someone else an "idiot", there's some true irony in there.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
While Clinton is under scrutiny for her family's foundation racking in millions in foreign cash during her tenure as Secy. of State, she conveniently "forgot" to report it from 2010 to 2012. She claimed "errors in paperwork".

How conveeeeenient!! All that forgetfulness muddied the waters of investigation and obfuscated the data. Oh that woman is smart! She's always a step ahead and gobbling the cookie crumbs along the way.

Here's more of Clinton's "creativity" with tax filings....over-reporting? More muddying the waters, more obfuscation and confusion, more bs. (Clinton Health Access Initiative.....lolololol?)

Another charity under the Clinton umbrella, Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) will re-file for two years, after over-reporting more than $100 million in donations. Reuters spoke with legal experts about the filings:

“Some experts in charity law and taxes said it was not remarkable for a charity to refile an erroneous return once in a while, but for a large, global charity to refile three or four years in a row was highly unusual.

‘I’ve never seen amendment activity like that,’ said Bruce Hopkins, a Kansas City lawyer who has specialized in charity law for more than four decades…”

www.ijreview.com...

Why isn't Mitt Romney talking about all that? What is his problem with failing to expose and talk about all the Hillary tax baloney?

hmmmm.....for some reason he is obsessing on Donald Trump instead. He's nothing but jealous, imo.
edit on 12-5-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Well, Donald does have big hands, so, yeah, he probably is very jealous.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: queenofswords

Well, Donald does have big hands, so, yeah, he probably is very jealous.

I bet his feet are bigger, too.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Not sure you can make that statement considering you probably haven't actually met a real trump supporter, outside of what the media is painting them to be.

Kinda like me saying all Canadians are ignorant fools because of ONE example on ATS...

Most Trump supporters are hard working tax paying citizens fighting poverty and the abuses of an over reaching government. How about you start worrying about that moron you all just elected as PM. Alberta burns while he takes his family to dinner parties at the white house... You should probably start worrying about your own political problems...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Romney is Mormon, so it doesn't matter to him if the kids are dropped off at the front door or clear out at the curb, so long as they make it into the building.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I hear people say stupid things like duke and I just shake my head. Trump supporters are a cross section mix of all Americans. I know millionaires that are voting for him. I know low-income folks that are supporting him. I know executives that love him and I know some blue collar workers that adore him. I know women that love him, ex-Dems that have crossed over, Independents are stoked about him, and whether you want to believe it or not there are many blacks and Hispanics that are for Trump. Also, the personalities are as diverse as the rest of it.

Some of the more genteel southerners had to get past his NY brashness initially, but they're on board now. His braggadocio has actually become endearing and we are ready and willing to support his efforts, so p*ss on Mitt Romney and his petty jealousies!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Maybe Romney is trying to expose a fraud. Save the country from electing this dangerous man.
(There’s no reason Trump can’t reveal his taxes under an audit)

Trump is mass deceiving the people who support him

He's playing his supporters for fools

He admitted he could commit murder and they'd still follow him

And what happened to him self financing?

Now he will take money from the lobbyists just like any old politician

Trump supporters wake up

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That's an opinion....and you are welcome to it for sure.

BTW, he has to raise money across the board once he becomes the nominee. That money is for the party and others' campaigns during the election. So, yes, he has to discontinue the self-financing for that part of it.

The "murder" thing was a metaphorical statement, for heaven's sake.

You want to talk about deceit.....??? Look no further than Crooked Hillary! Now THAT's deceit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join