It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus Ever Really Intend For "Christianity"?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Many stories and scriptures are based on reality. Not sure I understand your point.

Not according to, windword.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Not according to, windword.

Ok let's ignore him for a moment.

Many things are based on reality, including Zeus.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Many things are based on reality, including Zeus.

And?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Romans crucified thousands of Jewish men. I'm sure some of them were named Jesus. What's your point?

Do you think the Garden of Eden was a real place? Did Moses really get stone tablets written by God. Was there really a pillar of fire leading the Israelites through a very real desert? Did Elijah really get a ride in a chariot of fire?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

He didn't live long enough..........

Sorry to break it to your "Somber Highness", but Jesus Christ; born of a virgin, miracle man/god who rose from the dead, never lived a day on this Earth!

As fictional fantasy plays out; this scenario is hard pressed to understand when placed into a reasonable objective spotlight. Nothing like this has happened again in the 2000 years hence. No miracle man to footnote the Jesus Creation as real (no promised second coming forthcoming).
edit on 12-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyAnswer

Have you read your bible? You actually need proof of this. Sure no problem.

Some of Jesus words on the law:

"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished," (NASB, Matt. 5:18).

"The Scripture cannot be broken," (NASB, Jn. 10:35).

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill," (Matt. 5:17).

As you can see Jesus never stated that anyone should abandon the laws, the teachings of the prophets and scripture.

Now let's look at Paul whom never met Jesus at all but claimed to hear from him supernaturally.

Paul says:
Rom.10
[4] For Christ is the end of the law, that every one who has faith may be justified.

This is in direct conflict with what Jesus taught regarding the law. As seen by Christs words that the law shall not pass until heaven and earth are gone.

Here is another contradiction:

. On forgiveness of trespasses:

Paul says:

Eph.1
[7] In him we have redemptionthrough his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace
Rom.4
[25] who was put to death for our trespasses and raised for our justification. 

Jesus says:

Matt.6
[14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; 
[15] but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

From

www.voiceofjesus.org...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Romans crucified thousands of Jewish men. I'm sure some of them were named Jesus. What's your point?

My point has been the same as it has been all along, that it is possible the biblical character Jesus was based (very loosely) on a real person, just like Pilate was.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Be honest. If they existed what does it mean?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Be honest. If they existed what does it mean?

Why don't you tell me the answer, because I'm tired of guessing.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You are the one who are trying to claim that Jesus existed. You are the one who make us try to guess.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You are the one who are trying to claim that Jesus existed. You are the one who make us try to guess.

I never claimed Jesus existed. I've never claimed such a thing in my entire life.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Except that there are no corroborating texts, outside of the Bible, that suggest Jesus of Nazareth existed. Even the existence of a 1st century Nazareth is sketchy.

There are texts outside of the Bible that prove the existence of John the Baptist and Pilate, but not for Jesus.

But was there a crucified Jesus?
Certainly. Jesus ben Stada was a Judean agitator who gave the Romans a headache in the early years of the second century. He met his end in the town of Lydda (twenty five miles from Jerusalem) at the hands of a Roman crucifixion crew. And given the scale that Roman retribution could reach – at the height of the siege of Jerusalem the Romans were crucifying upwards of five hundred captives a day before the city walls – dead heroes called Jesus would (quite literally) have been thick on the ground. Not one merits a full-stop in the great universal history.
www.jesusneverexisted.com...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I never claimed Jesus existed. I've never claimed such a thing in my entire life.

Then what are you trying to argue about?
edit on 5/12/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TheOnlyAnswer

Blanket statement?

After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

No crucifixion needed!

You seemed to drive right past the audience and context.

Also, why would you believe those words of Jesus and not these words. How did you make the distinction?

Mark 8
"27...Who do people say that I am?” 28 They told Him, saying, “John the Baptist; and others say Elijah; but others, one of the prophets.” 29 And He continued by questioning them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter *answered and *said to Him, “You are [q]the Christ.” 30 And He [r]warned them to tell no one about Him.

31 And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. 32 And He was stating the matter plainly.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Except that there are no corroborating texts, outside of the Bible, that suggest Jesus of Nazareth existed. Even the existence of a 1st century Nazareth is sketchy.

There are texts outside of the Bible that prove the existence of John the Baptist and Pilate, but not for Jesus.

I agree with you and I'm not doubting that. I suppose I don't have enough faith in the early founders of Christianity to believe they had the foresight to devise a character named Jesus out of thin air.
edit on 12-5-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I'll repeat myself for the reading disabled, even though I hate doing so.

"My point has been the same as it has been all along, that it is possible the biblical character Jesus was based (very loosely) on a real person, just like Pilate was. "
edit on 12-5-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Lol "reading disabled". Coming from you.

Sorry mods.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Lol "reading disabled". Coming from you.

Yes coming from me. Very astute.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If i were you I wouldn't embarrass self any further.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

If i were you I wouldn't embarrass self any further.

Maybe it's a good thing you're not me.

So tell me. Honestly. What does it mean?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join