It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus Ever Really Intend For "Christianity"?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: vethumanbeing
That is not an answer to my question though is it?
Listen I like you just fine...
Sorry to offend you...

What question (though was it)?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I asked...

Did you created the Universe?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I asked...
Did you created the Universe?

Did I created the Universe as in Past tense?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

OK you have to come meet the other you in the thread hello God here...

I have been talking about you in this thread for entertainment purposes hope you do not take offense to anything I have said there...
edit on 13-5-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing OK you have to come meet the other you in the thread hello God hear...
I have been talking about you in this thread for entertainment purposes hope you do not take offense to anything I have said there...

The point of ATS is not to corral God into jux play (or is it)? You have not been speaking of me at all for any reason and I take no offense at your un- perceived efforts.
edit on 13-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

It was more fun that arguing with people that's for sure...

Anyway I gotta get to sleep...

Go check it out though seriously...

I honestly think you will find this individual shares your beliefs...

Peace

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

It was more fun that arguing with people that's for sure... Anyway I gotta get to sleep... Go check it out though seriously...
I honestly think you will find this individual shares your beliefs...
Peace

Arguing with people is easy; if one thinks above them (as creator=above/beyond). Check what out? What individual sharing nothing as I have no belief system; fairly certain this being is not known as "Peace".
edit on 13-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

Jesus' intent, if anything, was to reunite the "church"...or the people... This is evidenced beautifully throughout the books that chronicle his life. He never intended to establish religion. In fact, the established religion at the time was what he was fighting against. Read the many dialogues between Jesus and the scribes/pharisees and you'll see what I mean. Over and over again Jesus tells them that the "law" or religion was never intended to be a form of salvation.

Matthew 18:20 (“ For where two or three gather together in my name, there shall I be”) demonstrates very clearly that the "church" need not necessarily be the established church, but only the people who follow Jesus' teachings....Peter was the "rock" upon which these people should be reunited. The 12 apostles are symbolic of the 12 tribes of Israel....Reuniting the people was the goal of his ministry...not establishing dogma.

Jesus repeatedly uses terms such as "sheep" and "flock" to represent the PEOPLE....and He is the shepherd trying to get his flock TOGETHER....he searches for the lost ones to bring them back....again we see that uniting the people is the common theme littered throughout the books of the New Testament. Unfortunately, man has taken the books of the New Testament and used it to DIVIDE the people...

A2D
edit on 13-5-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I agree with you.

Most of what he said can't be understood within a Christian context, but there is a reason for that. Jesus Christ and Christianity are man-made and mythical based VERY loosely on Yeshua the Messiah, who was a 'kosher' Jew and High Priest.

Yeshua never set himself up as God, nor did he make up any holy days like Easter or Christmas, yet Christian have Jesus Christ as God the Son, second person of the Trinity, worshipped on Sunday, etc.

While Yeshua was in the world, he was the LIght of the world, but when he left the [spiritual] darkness
came, as he said it would. Hence the silence from God, with no personal contact such as they had throughout the Old Testament, but the harvest is ripe and things are happening, such as Daniel becoming an open book, the hidden gospel of Matthew 24:9 & 14 being preached, Biblical understanding by the Fig Tree which represents Israel, etc. are showing the times are changing and the end of this age is near.

Christianity is built on 'Peter' and claim apostolic succession. The foundational rock of the Israelites is that 'Yeshua is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God'.

It is all coming together...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The message Jesus was spreading was non duality and true non duality cannot be made into a religion.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
For those that state Jesus never existed, that there is no reference to him other than in the Bible... you are so wrong.

Jesus is mentioned old Chinese history, Jesus is even in the Quaran.

Stating Jesus never existed is simple blissful ignorance trying to justify their own atheist belief. I don't care who responds negatively to this, you won't incite a response from me, I simply do not care about you, nor any justification you attempt to respond with. Your opinion doesn't matter in my life whatsoever.

I don't follow religion, I'm a believer in god however, deeply spiritual. Furthermore I believe in Jesus Christ and HIS teachings, I cannot however, believe in the teachings of others, the bible was written by man, therefore I cannot find it in myself to follow it because it's more than just Jesus' thoughts and beliefs. I believe in HIM, no one else. I don't believe in any false prophets such as Muhammad, whom lived a horribly undivine life of warfare and pedophilia.

Jesus was the definition of love, compassion, caring and forgiveness, the 10 commandments are easy to live by, I don't need a bible for anything further. It's a simple and benevolent law that allows many freedoms. In the end, God loves us all, no matter the sin, for it's only the sin he hates, not the person.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
In response to the OP "Did Jesus Ever Really Intend For "Christianity"?". I would say no. Religion is man-made and based upon the Bible, then inherently flawed as is everything we do. Personally, If I were God or Jesus and came down to Earth, I would probably destroy religion first for corrupting "my" word and wishes.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Answer to OP title:

No.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
actually the Christ incarnated for cosmical reasons.
When this happend, his astral body, which came from the sun, incarnated ino earth´s atmosphere.
From then on his karma was connected to all peoples´.
This giantic happening was seen centuries before by many cultures. The Osiris cult was kind of a forerunner for this.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yeah, definitely not in the Quran..

Even though I claim NO religion, but still love to study them and the intrinsic "good" that can be found in them.. I think the absurdness of people's closed off minds these days is insane.. Even though I'm not "buying" modern religion, I'm not proactively crapping and using my energy on everybody who does..

I think there's too many billions of people from 3 main religions on this planet who certainly disagree, but still came from the same 3 brothers, and even they ALL believe in Jesus.. Even though one group put a hit out on him, one group only believes he's a profit of God, and the others believe he died for them, they all have their disagreements, however, they ALL believe he walked this Earth.. There's something a little too common in all of that for me too just right Jesus' entire existence off..

edit on 13-5-2016 by johnofsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: johnofsecrets

Yeah, definitely not in the Quran..

Yeah? Nope. The Quran was written 600 years after the advent of Christianity, and Islam is in fact an off shoot of Christianity. The Quran also cites Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden, does that give the creation myth more credence, I mean, that's 3 religions that believe its true, so it must be true, right?
edit on 13-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I dunno, he was born into life during a very unique time of struggle for the hebrews. They were very much oppressed by the Romans and every other day a messiah came forth. Jesus even warned about future fakes.

He sent 12 people to spread his messafe, one of which immediately took it straight to Rome to convert Constantine.

I think it was planned, yes.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm not religious even being raised Roman Catholic. Over my years I've learned or accepted a few things. Religion has a place and is needed in society. Not for itself, but for those who need a "reason". For what...who knows....everyone is different.

While I personally believe there is/was a "creator" I don't believe it was representative of the Bible. I like to think of it like this. If there is/was a God or Jesus, etc...they wouldn't establish a formal religion with an aging book and being run by the same people that needed a religion. A God or Jesus would want "religion" to be a personal relationship with them directly. A belief and a trust that there is something bigger and more important than the rent you can't pay this month or the cat that passed away. That individuals are important and someone or something believes in you...as much as you believe in them. And with that...

Just be good to one another...and yourself. Even if you don't see a God, know that there is more to this existence than only what you perceive. And if not...then subscribe to this quote of mine (I've been in a bunch of bands and have written many songs). "Is your reality really better than my fantasy?".

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What a fine Zionist you are

Jesus was not a Jew

Had he practised Judaism they would not have killed him

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join