It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus Ever Really Intend For "Christianity"?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I'm sorry but my existence is proof of nothing but my existence. There's no need for any creator being the universe does what it does and life happened. Could there be a creator ? Yes it is possible. However I don't believe in Jesus being the son of god. Or Allah and Muhammad getting revelation from God. Nor do I believe in Krishna or Vishnu or Zeus or Odin or Thor.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Exactly where is Satan? How can a non physical beings head be crushed ? Why is god waiting so long to kill Satan.

Jesus said that those who came after him would perform greater miracles than he did. Was he lying ? Wrong. Because I haven't seen any Christians perform a miracle. Not one. No coming back from the dead, no healing a disabled person, no transmutation of water into wine (which was pagan in origin).

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

That's because you assume that is saying something it is not...
That's a real talent you have...
this is what you twisted for your mindless tactics...
John 14:12a: “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do.” Two crucial observations. This promise is not made to the apostles alone, but to all who believe. And second, this is a promise that we will do Jesus’ works. It’s not yet a promise that we will do greater works, just Jesus’ works.
In other words those that believe in him will do his will...
And I was assuming you knew where Satan is you lie just like him and are quite the advocate for him...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You are the one who are trying to assert the existence of Jesus.

He is and he isn't...He's arguing that a man may have existed that influenced if not directly inspired the creation of an entire religion. A great example of this would be the Buddha, I remember vaguely him mentioning in one of his writings how much he despised being worshiped. However in spite of his wishes,he's got his own religion. I don't think it would be implausible for this to happen,However this doesn't mean(Jesus or the Buddha) have super natural powers...
edit on 5pm31America/Chicago3110America/Chicagopm504 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I haven't lied once. I've only interpreted the scriptures. And because my interpretation is not in like with what you believe you call me a liar. How about the verse in acts which claims you can drink poison and he bitten by venemous snakes and not die? Also untrue.

You believe in the Noah story. It's not possible to fit 8 pairs of all animals birds and insects on a boat that size. Nor is it possible for carnivores to live a year on a boat without eating the herbivores.

Exactly how am I a liar? Because I don't believe in Jesus being god? Come on.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: vethumanbeing
I'm sorry but my existence is proof of nothing but my existence. There's no need for any creator being the universe does what it does and life happened. Could there be a creator ? Yes it is possible. However I don't believe in Jesus being the son of god. Or Allah and Muhammad getting revelation from God. Nor do I believe in Krishna or Vishnu or Zeus or Odin or Thor.

Why are you sorry; something to be sorry for other than you cannot explain why you exist, yet your existence is proof of nothing but your own questionable existence? Nonsense. Why consider and then deny belief systems you question (at all) to bolster a belief in "I EXIST DESPITE" all other ideas I am suspect/suspicious of? Why do you exist at all? You seem to admonish yourself yet in acquiesce/acknowledge (you do exist in time and space).
edit on 12-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Lots of children drink poison and don't die people are bit by poisonous snakes and don't die...
But really that was saying more that you would be protected from evil being done to you purposefully...
But I don't expect you to be able to understand or interpret this properly...
Also Noah and the Ark I'm sure there is somewhat of a tall tale but I believe that this was done to ensure survival...
Nor do I assume that only those on the Ark survived for other scriptures say things like there where giants on the earth in those days before Noah and after...
So clearly not everything else was wiped out...
I don't recall a year passing by either...
A lot of insects can survive in water...
I'm sure many crevices would have been ideal for insects even...
But than again there are also the watchers that are mentioned those who had abilities beyond man...
It is possible the Ark was a dna bank or that the watchers took part in insuring life was saved...
Nor do I have to believe that the entire earth flooded only the land that contained the tainted bloodline need be destroyed...
This bloodline could have been contained in the area Noah lived in...
Remember it's all about perspective...
if the entire land mass they lived on was flooded then all of the earth was flooded on that land mass...
I'm sure some confusion is involved here on the part of many involved in the passing on of an ancient story...
The flood itself and the animals are not what interests me... What is important to me is the tainted bloodline and why it had to be destroyed...

edit on 12-5-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Parallel Verses
New International Version
they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

How about that one there ?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Does that make you feel smarter?
Or less of a liar?
Why do you feel the need to persecute believers?
Would you like me to drink deadly poison Joe?

Some people are healed through miraculous circumstances others simply through a placebo effect...

How bout that Joey?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Now you go on about watchers and fallen angels dna being mixed with humans and giants living on the earth. Again more radical claims with no evidence. Why should I believe that?

More importantly what makes the bible anymore believable than Roman gods. Zeus and Hercules. Persephone and Athena? Or Krishna and Vishnu?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The bible speaks openly about other gods and they are explained as the fallen angels and their progeny...
And many of these so called myths are also based in reality...
However they are refered to as gods because they were attributed such prominence falsely and infact were not God...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

It doesn't make me feel like anything. I'm not a liar ? Show me where I lied ? When did I lie ?

There isn't any evidence of prayer or laying of hands being effective for healing real medical issues. Some recover and some don't. And then when people ask why only some recover the answer is it was God's will. I don't accept that.

Your talking about giants and fallen angels mating with humans and calling me a liar because I won't believe it. It's no more likely to be true than Romulus or Zeus or Thor and ice giants.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I showed you lied when I showed what prophesy had been fullfilled...
I showed you lied when you twist scripture into saying somethings it does not...
The fact you chose to ignore those responses to you does not change what you did or what I said to you...
I am not God so I can't speak as to why some are healed while others are not...
I can however assume a couple of things...
God would know better than I what is best for others...
Perhaps the faith of some is stronger than others and this is required to be healed...
And perhaps Joe those with the greatest faith are allowed to die so they can be comforted even more by God himself...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

No you showed me your interpretation. As I have shown. Jews who know the Torah inside and out do not believe Jesus was the messiah. Are they liars ?

You fall my interpretation of scriptures twisting and lies. What makes your interpretation truth and facts? Nothing but your opinion.

How many sects of Christianity are there. Its more fractured than any other major religion. Why because many sects have different interpretation. Therefore I am not lying.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Odd How prophesy speaks on the faith of the Jews how Jesus would not be accepted by them until just before he returns...
You have to have the full picture to make sense of things you can't just take bits and pieces to serve an agenda...
There are now also many messianic Jews they know the Torah inside and out Joe... Guess what they believe Jesus is the messiah...
Guess what all Christians believe Joe despite their disagreement on how to worship him...
All Christians believe Jesus is the messiah...
You are struggling Joey...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm not struggling with anything. Anyone can write stories of people raising from the dead and performing miracles. But guess what none of means it's true.

The new testament could have been fabricated (some parts have been proven false ) such as the statement in Mark which I just showed you and you did not know it was added hundred years after the original. Therefore writing that the prophecies were fulfilled doesn't make it a fact. It makes it a story. Nothing more.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

But Jewish men who walked and talked with him say he did and they knew the Torah inside and out Joey... lol
What's more the words they used say what he did... when you take those words and study prophesy it shows how they were fullfilled...
Your doubt is nothing more than doubt...
Except when you incorporate lies...
Than its just lies to help perpetrate your doubt...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
These same Jewish men who walked and talked with him and who were instructed by Jesus did as Jesus said...
They went out and spread his new message and this was a new faith...
So with that in mind as they did the will of Jesus it is obvious he wanted to start a new religion for all mankind...
For this was not just for the Jews...
And let's not forget those Jewish men who said he would not be accepted by them until the end...
For this to be possible a new faith would be needed also...
The answer is clear...
Unless of course you wish only to lie to yourself or others...
Jesus did infact want to start a new religion...
And that's why there are Christians today...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

He did send his apostles to spread his words, so yeah, he did intend to start a religion. The problem is, is the religion/s that exist today the ones he truly intended people to follow?

If you look at the Roman church it seems to have fallen off from the teachings that Jesus and God wanted them to teach. We have now a pope that wants to politicize religion, and that's not what Jesus intended.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I am sure that any and all religion falls short of the expectations of Jesus...
That however does nothing to take away from his intentions...
Nor are the sins committed by man attributable to God...
And the bible also warns of such things...
But Jesus spoke on this with Peter when he told him he was the rock upon which he would build his church... And that even the gates of hell would not prevail against it...
He was eluding to such problems...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join