It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus Ever Really Intend For "Christianity"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I've thought about this for some time, and I have concluded that no, he had no intentions of starting a religion. While he was a brilliant man with bold and revolutionary ideas for that part of the world, starting a new religious following was not what he had in mind.

Rather, I believe he was trying to simply challenge people to a new way of thinking. I believe it would be hard to dispute that things have been added to the bible to show Jesus in a divine light. I also believe that was not at all his goal. He claimed to be a Jew through his whole life. He never even used the term "Christian". He was obviously Jewish through and through.

This obviously leaves us with the fact, that while Jesus may have done amazing things, he never made a claim to be God and start a new branch of religion. That leaves the Christian religion as a man made religion. Just like the rest of them.

*It is important to note that I agree strongly with most of what Jesus taught.*

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

There is no way that Christ intended for a religion to come from what he taught. I believe he only ever wanted his message to be shared. Certainly he didn't want his message to be processed and packaged into any religion and certainly he didn't want to be worshiped.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
He was intended to be the way back to Heaven. Only through Him can a person gain access to the paradise that is available in Heaven.

Otherwise, everyone who turns away from Him wants hell. Many people say that this world is hell. Hence reincarnation proves that they are correct.

A sinner who has turned away from Jesus is damned to be reborn in this hell, surrounded by the 4 Riders of the Apocalypse doing overtime everyday.

There is a time limit though while His door is open. When it is closed every person that dies will be reborn as a zombie.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It seems THE sought to enlighten many of themselves & TPTB back then. And tptb attacked his flesh not knowing if it wasn't for his generous compassionate caring BENEVOLENT SOUL he could of let his FATHERS ARMY respond to the Ignorance...
I too strongly agree with his positive ways of thinking and many others that came before THE that thought similar. Therefore I don't denounce Religions spawned that spread benevolence but do question the lack of integration with those that believe monotheistic in terms of GOD.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
He was intended to be the way back to Heaven. Only through Him can a person gain access to the paradise that is available in Heaven.

Otherwise, everyone who turns away from Him wants hell. Many people say that this world is hell. Hence reincarnation proves that they are correct.

A sinner who has turned away from Jesus is damned to be reborn in this hell, surrounded by the 4 Riders of the Apocalypse doing overtime everyday.

There is a time limit though while His door is open. When it is closed every person that dies will be reborn as a zombie.

...................oooook?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

There is no way that Christ intended for a religion to come from what he taught. I believe he only ever wanted his message to be shared. Certainly he didn't want his message to be processed and packaged into any religion and certainly he didn't want to be worshiped.

I agree. I actually think he would be super disappointed.

+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

THIS is why people can't take you seriously.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Can not agree more.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
THIS is why IGNORANT people can't take you seriously.

You missed an important word.

i could not care less about the ignorant who cannot handle opening the 'can of worms'.

Those who can handle the truth, see the truth. Those who cannot, stay blind. Their choice.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Christ

You just called Jesus of Nazareth "Christ"! What does that mean?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight

...................oooook?

a reply to: Rapha
Points understood Rapha the Apocalypse and 4horsemen are generated data however from that religion you feel THE wouldn't of wanted. Subjecting all information it influences to those who believe it is religion made from man.

Zombie infections appears to be human alien warfare technologies.
Or secondary responses to basically having total blood drained-sucked and husk infected animated by some compatible beings maybe higher in food chains of command but =terrestrial.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I had a theory...

I think Jesus was getting to popular to fast for his liking.

"Dang...I never meant for things to go this far. These people are get nuttier and nuttier. I have people wanting to wash my feet all the time, and I can't even walk down a street without a crowd following me. Sheesh."

I think Jesus may have faked his own death, in an attempt to forestall being made into a cult leader. This would explain the "resurrection" (as he wasn't really dead).

If Jesus was an actual human being that MAY have traveled to the far East and been influenced by Taoism or Buddhism, he may have also had access to, or knowledge of plants/herbs that could simulate death.

Rockstars and famous people have tried to fake their own deaths to escape. Maybe Jesus did the same?

EDIT: There's some ancient gnostic texts from the earliest Christians in Nag Hamadi that may support that Simon, not Jesus was even on the cross itself. So, I guess my theory is as old as the tale itself. Well, there goes my original idea.
edit on 12-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So you are over 2000 years old?

Nice!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

None of that is in line with his teachings.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight
I've thought about this for some time, and I have concluded that no, he had no intentions of starting a religion. While he was a brilliant man with bold and revolutionary ideas for that part of the world, starting a new religious following was not what he had in mind.

Rather, I believe he was trying to simply challenge people to a new way of thinking. I believe it would be hard to dispute that things have been added to the bible to show Jesus in a divine light. I also believe that was not at all his goal. He claimed to be a Jew through his whole life. He never even used the term "Christian". He was obviously Jewish through and through.

This obviously leaves us with the fact, that while Jesus may have done amazing things, he never made a claim to be God and start a new branch of religion. That leaves the Christian religion as a man made religion. Just like the rest of them.

*It is important to note that I agree strongly with most of what Jesus taught.*

I fully agree. I do not believe he was fully human, as we think of one, but that is just a personal observation. I agree that he never intended to srart a religion. He had disciples, but he didn't have the view of millions naming a religion for him.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If there was a Jesus Christ he wasn't the person you Crack pots described!!!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Rockstars and famous people have tried to fake their own deaths to escape. Maybe Jesus did the same?

Amazing that the SON had to conduct thyself in such ways among those the ultimately protects.

originally posted by: PanPiper

So you are over 2000 years old?

Nice!

Amazing he must have interdimensional like abilities. So in theory they killed his flesh he went home father said I told you to listen son. He said they have to mature. FATHER stares glaringly you intend to go back there don't you son. Son quietly exists responding ONLY AFTER I LEARN MORE FATHER

Man...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
(Sigh)
You do realise that there is next to no evidence that anyone like Jesus even existed don't you? The Romans certainly don't mention him, so there's an excellent chance that he was a number of teachers who were then conflated together.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I think he may have intended to revitalize the Hebrew religion.
From the Bible we can read that his mother Mary's cousin was Elizabeth who was the mother of John the Baptist and when Mary come to help a pregnant Elizabeth, the baby in her womb jumped and Elizabeth acknowledged that Mary was to be the mother of the messiah.
Then his birth. It is read of from the Bible that it was immaculate. There were stars leading the way for the wise men and all and all the stuff in the nativity which would have told her and Joseph of Jesus's importance.

Can we assume from all of these stories that the young Jesus was unaware of all of these things indicating his importance?
Then, of course John was going around with huge flocks attending his preaching. Jesus's cousin.

Also, not only was there the Jewish religion at that time but there were numerous other fundamentalist cults and societies that were looking for a messiah.

So Jesus, is doing miracles and healing the sick and raising people from the dead. Are we to assume from all of this that he did not think that he would be flocked to?

Then, didn't he say something about building a following on the rock which was Peter? And he did pick twelve to move the whole Jesus Project into the future.

No, I think he knew what was happening. How people tend to gravitate into religions and organize themselves into belief systems. And with all the portentous happenings surrounding his birth, and his ministry, I find it really hard to think that he did not intend to at least strengthen the existing religion of the Hebrews. And in all likelihood, if we attribute any level of intelligence to him at all, that he understood what would happen to his teachings in the future.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Christ

You just called Jesus of Nazareth "Christ"! What does that mean?

Actually he said, "that Christ", hence showing his belief that there is more than one Christ.
edit on 12-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join