It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can dreams be as fulfilling as realty?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
When you often see the future in your dreams yes. When they are night terrors or boring old mish mash of brain farts no not so fulfilling.

Remote viewing dreams can be a real blast too.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

So can dreams substitute for reality? Or is there some quality to reality that a dream can never achieve?

Dreams are just as important as our waking reality. An example... Take a peek at the sleeping prophet and now tell me dreams don't hold validity and importance to each and every one of us.

Now in reverse to what you have asked...There is a quality to dreams that reality can never achieve either...

leolady

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I have these nightmares sometimes.... a series of dreams in one night, and i remember all of them the next day!

To answer you question... when these nightmares/ bad dreams occur i always wake up more tired and exhausted than when i went to bed. its as if i've exhausted all my energy before i realize it was just a dream, which is after i open my eyes!

i believe that sometimes, dreams can physically exhaust your body, even though u r asleep!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
haha, well it depends on how you look at things.
we each posses unique mind and body. Unique experiences.

so first I would like to direct you to these threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

than a question: what is reality and what is a dream?
in a dream, you have a body, when you wake up, where is that body?

you can say it is all only in the mind?
ok!

but what about normal waking "consciousness" is this reality real?
read the first linked thread and think again.
It is also ALL in the mind.
well going by this research, at least.

what is than the difference?
only the length or duration in my opinion.
"dreams" are usually shorter and not connected,
while "life" is one "dream".

Well depending if you are on drugs, it may also appear not connected under some influence, hehe

so asking such questions is wonderful,
but the answer may surprise you,
if you really decide to go down this rabbit hole.

From absolute spiritual perspective, they are one, hence the " ".
edit on 1463148644510May105103116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Well, dreams are illusions no matter the situation. So even if you experience something you want in your dream, I think it's wrong to think of it as the same of reality. Because when people once believe that they can do whatever they want in their dream, they start lucid dreaming and give up on the real world. Or that's my opinion.
And about that quality thing, when you're dreaming you can get real-like feelings and experiences but once you wake up the memory starts to fade faster than reality would I think.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
as someone who LOVES dreaming i would say that dreams are fulfilling when you are experiencing however that feeling quickly fades when you awaken and are back to being limited by your 3d physical body.

you mentioned you can still carry the memory however for most people dreams fade in a matter of minutes

so therein lies the problem. if only we had the technology to bottle up dreams and replay them using VR or something! that would be amazing!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join