It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caitlyn Jenner considering ‘de-transitioning’ ‘in the next couple years,’ author claims

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yup. I don't discriminate on outer appearance.

You can keep posting pictures and even put the hottest looking dude in the world who is pretending to be a girl and my answer will be the same.

Just because you can fake it doesn't mean you are it.

Also going back to the picture you posted of a child who is a boy pretending to be a girl here is my answer to that.

McHugh’s conclusion corresponds with a strong body of research, two examples here and here. These studies show that from 2 to 27 percent of children with gender dysphoria (feeling their gender does not match their biology) retain that perspective by the time they reach puberty (meaning 73 to 98 percent of these children revert to a desire to match their birth sex). This is the primary reason the major clinicians who work with such children in the Americas and Europe do not recommend that parents facilitate their children’s desire to transition to the other gender before puberty. It would require a troubling and traumatic “second transition” back to their natural gender when they do desist.

thefederalist.com...

Influence is a major role in children who are going through this "process."

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I feel a deep sadness for this man/woman. That article said that he/she looked in the mirror after facial reconstruction and asked, "what have I done to myself?"

His psychological health must be tenuous. How do you go from a well respected handsome medal-winning male athlete to a Kardashian crazy world of weirdness where reality is a blur of mishmash identity.

He or She chose all this. Jenner has her own tv show. She chose to transition when transexuality acceptance was higher than ever.

Plus, shes also rich.

How can you feel a deep sadness for this woman? This is the madness of society we live in. We dont blink an eye for those starving children commercials, but jenners mental health is a true tragedy.

Give me a f!cking break.
edit on 13-5-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moonshinne

Got it Loud and Clear

You think those 2 girls must use the men's room.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
she/he/she? whatever is it does not deserve our attention, they get enough all ready.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
she/he/she? whatever is it does not deserve our attention, they get enough all ready.

I've never watched the show, any of them.

I have zero interest in anything Kardashian.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

That we can actually agree on XD

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It's crime of weak minded enablers that foist this on preteen children, who probably do to the tremendous amount of propaganda get mixed up, even before their natural proper male or female hormones begin to flow.
It's really intellectually dishonest to say these kids should be switching before puberty even breaks, at least see what that does for their perspective...instead of messing with their head and emotions.

Enablers make it all too easy to make the wrong choices, and much too soon.
edit on 14-5-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The ignorance is scary.

If you had a debilitating accident. If your whole body was smashed and all you had was your brain.

Would you know who you are?

Would you know what gender you are even though you have no body to look at?
edit on 14-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

You can keep posting pictures and even put the hottest looking dude in the world who is pretending to be a girl and my answer will be the same.

Just because you can fake it doesn't mean you are it.

Also going back to the picture you posted of a child who is a boy pretending to be a girl here is my answer to that.

McHugh’s conclusion corresponds with a strong body of research, two examples here and here. These studies show that from 2 to 27 percent of children with gender dysphoria (feeling their gender does not match their biology) retain that perspective by the time they reach puberty (meaning 73 to 98 percent of these children revert to a desire to match their birth sex). This is the primary reason the major clinicians who work with such children in the Americas and Europe do not recommend that parents facilitate their children’s desire to transition to the other gender before puberty. It would require a troubling and traumatic “second transition” back to their natural gender when they do desist.

thefederalist.com...

Influence is a major role in children who are going through this "process."

Obviously you do discriminate against them. And Most do not transistion until they can make a decision to do so themselves. theres a big difference between hormone blockers and actually taking the opposite SEX's hormones.

Also You do know "gender" is mental right? science and studies back this up. Also IF a transgender looks th egender they say they are as long as they do not go pushing their sex organs in a regular man or womans face who is to know?

This is your own personal hang up and insecurity showing through i propose. That an you need to pad your post count so trolling this thread is th eway to do that right?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by:

This picture is a m/f transgender girl. By law she should use the men's bathroom?

That's kind of nuts.

a reply to:

It creeps me out that the older folk are always encouraging those young fragile children to condemn themselves to a life of mental instability. For all I know this is a picture of a girl with a zoomed in camera down the street from her house. Probably just a regular little girls who likes her dolls and Lego's playing tea party with her dolls. Pictures can originate from anywhere on the internet. I find it reprehensible that grown adults would manipulate these children to defy logic and accept a delusion as fact. It is borderline criminal with a parent doing it.
In fact there are several people around here collecting images of young confused minors and constantly dropping them in these topics as if it proves anything more than a wicked interest in young minors. Maybe I am just making an observation from established patterns, but I have to question the real motives sometimes.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just a quick question.

does anybody actually give a #?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

older folk are always encouraging those young fragile children to condemn themselves to a life of mental instability.

So true, adults that support this, think they are helping and mean well.
I don't believe in a physical religious hell, but I sure understand the gist of this saying....

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

The parents of these children should not be catering to their every whim enabling them in this area, and school councilors and physiologists, need to do the same; they aren't helping by aiding and abetting a 6 year old boy to wear a dress to school and use the womens washroom because they just want to.
edit on 14-5-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Got it Loud and Clear

You think those 2 girls must use the men's room.

If those two people with long hair have penises, then yes they should use the men's room.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

We agree that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Those parents who think they are doing their trans kids a favor by not allowing them to live as the gender they identify with, end up with dead kids.

Those parents who helped their trans kids by allowing them to live as the gender they identify with end up with happy, well-adjusted kids. That's why the psychologists and psychiatrists recommend it.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Also You do know "gender" is mental right? science and studies back this up. Also IF a transgender looks th egender they say they are as long as they do not go pushing their sex organs in a regular man or womans face who is to know?

You have allowed so-called "experts" to convince you that gender is mental.

It's really easy. XX = female. XY = male.*

If they are being discreet and no one knows, true enough no one knows. Does that excuse a convincing cross-dresser who wants to stalk people?

This is your own personal hang up and insecurity showing through i propose. That an you need to pad your post count so trolling this thread is th eway to do that right?

... and attacking the person, check. Emotion over Reason, check.

*yes I know there are statistical outliers where the Y chomosome has a mutation that does not initiate the male body plan development in utero.
edit on 14-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

We agree that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Those parents who think they are doing their trans kids a favor by not allowing them to live as the gender they identify with, end up with dead kids.

Those parents who helped their trans kids by allowing them to live as the gender they identify with end up with happy, well-adjusted kids. That's why the psychologists and psychiatrists recommend it.

Those psychologists and psychiatrists are wrong. You don't treat a delusion by reinforcing it.

Transgenderism is a body image issue. Plastic surgery to the extreme.

www.lifesitenews.com...
edit on 14-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yeah I'm familiar with the right-wing religious nut who ignores the evidence because of his religious bias.

Leelah Acorn's parents had the best intentions. They sent their trans child to Christian therapists to "cure" her. We all know how well that worked out.

"My mom started taking me to a therapist, but would only take me to christian therapists, (who were all very biased) so I never actually got the therapy I needed to cure me of my depression. I only got more christians telling me that I was selfish and wrong and that I should look to God for help."

www.cnn.com...

Jazz, on the other hand, had parents who helped her transition. A much happier story.

While many transgender children and teenagers face a lack of acceptance from their families, Jazz acknowledges that she’s lucky to have supportive parents who “were really there for me, even at the time when there weren’t that many resources, and helped me transition.”

www.advocate.com...

Hmmmm. Let's see. Deny the gender dysphoria - dead kid. Allow transitioning - happy kid. I know which one I'd choose.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

One of the reactions to a person with gender dysphoria

-Having extreme distress about the body changes that happen during puberty.

This can be a normal part of transitioning from a child to an adult, emotionally and psychically 4 year old boys and girls are more alike than when they are 20 years old and gender conditioning has done it's work, and the physical changes have taken place. The emotionality is much different by that point as well.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Yep. That's why you need professionals who have lots and lots of experience with gender dysphoria to examine and diagnose. They have all kinds of psychological tests they perform to differentiate between normal pre-teen angst and gender dysphoria.
It ain't just as simple as "mom, I don't want to have a deep voice" and boom, the kid gets female hormones.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

you need professionals who have lots and lots of experience with gender dysphoria to examine and diagnose

These people must be giving the parents options and recommendations, some of the choices coming out of this process could be considered enabling and abetting.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join