It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artist organizing mass photo shoot of 100 nude women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Original title:
Artist organizing mass photo shoot of 100 nude women during Cleveland Republican National Convention
(Hence the location of the thread)

www.cleveland.com...

Spencer Tunick, of New York, is looking for 100 women to pose nude while holding mirrors in Cleveland at sunrise on July 17, the week of the GOP convention. Those who are interested can sign up by submitting a photo at his website, www.spencertunickcleveland.com. (An unsurprising heads-up: the website includes graphic, but artistic, images of nude people.)

Now at first, the man part of me kicked in with the desire to see something naked. (remember, we are simple creatures, we would like a beer, and to see something naked, that is all we need to survive) But upon reading the artists reasoning behind this photograph he plans, it's really a beautiful thought. It's nice to just have a positive message being given to all.

"The photograph will involve 100 nude women holding large mirror discs, reflecting the knowledge and wisdom of progressive women and the concept of 'Mother Nature' into and onto the convention center, cityscape and horizon of Cleveland. The philosophy of the artwork relates to the idea of the sacred feminine. By holding mirrors, we hope to suggest that women are a reflection and embodiment of nature, the sun, the sky and the land. We want to express the belief that we will rely upon the strength, intuition and wisdom of progressive and enlightened women to find our place in nature and to regain the balance within it. The mirrors communicate that we are a reflection of ourselves, each other, and of, the world that surrounds us. The woman becomes the future and the future becomes the woman."

Might be something to put above the fire place.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I notice that any woman wanting to participate has to submit a photo of themselves in the first place. It doesn't state whether it has to be a nude photo, but how selective is the artist going to be?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I know what the rude redneck part of me wants to say, but I think it's best left right where it is.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yeah in holding a protest sjth 5,000 naked women laying on top of me while I'm Naked too.

The reason for this is because I would like to raisd awareness for homeless children so it's a good cause.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The only way to pick is for him to judge. if he gives the BS line of, we have a cross section of women, or beauty comes in every shape. That means he had to judge and discriminate his subject's based on physical appearance.

What are the odds that he will have a man who's thinks of himself as transgender or do you think this project will be transphobic (did I use a SJW sentence correctly?)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

it's.....for...the.....kids

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've actually watched a documentary on his work and I like his work.
He takes some very moving pictures. I would love to see how this turns out.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: onequestion

it's.....for...the.....kids

Yeah duh , it's a selfless act of kindness from the bottom of my heart.

OK send me all your naked photos ladies and I'll need to meet you for coffee at NY house as part of the selection process.

Totally selfless.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Quick thoughts that popped into my head while reading the OP.

1 I want to see naked women.

2 Why can't men be a reflection of nature too?

3. I've never met anyone I would call "wise progressive and enlightened" let alone any women. Good luck finding 100.

4 How would he be able to spot wisdom and enlightenment in a photo?
edit on 12-5-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm wondering if I can bring a cooler of beer and a lawn chair to this event?

PS - Do I need to bring a bunch of dollars too?
edit on 12-5-2016 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I've actually watched a documentary on his work and I like his work.
He takes some very moving pictures. I would love to see how this turns out.

Yup. This guy has been around a long time and has taken similar pictures all over the world. The only place he has encountered "problems" is in the US.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
I'm wondering if I can bring a cooler of beer and a lawn chair to this event?

PS - Do I need to bring a bunch of dollars too?

If you do, let me know. I'll sit next to you. (an old trick I learned in the Air Force)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

More the merrier!! Cold beer, a nice day and 5000 nude ladies. I just forgot this is a protest.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I notice that any woman wanting to participate has to submit a photo of themselves in the first place. It doesn't state whether it has to be a nude photo, but how selective is the artist going to be?

Good way for a perv to get some images..

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I can understand those solo nude artist rendering.

Protesting/posing naked accomplishes what? Some bs about unicorns, spirit science, enlightenment, and self expression. Some abstract bravery and no intellect required.

The best thing at a party convention was peter schiff asking about banning corporate profits.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
a reply to: network dude

More the merrier!! Cold beer, a nice day and 5000 nude ladies. I just forgot this is a protest.

I'll have that "concerned" look on my fact if that helps any.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Soooooo lemme see if I got this right......some dude wants to photo naked chicks holding mirrors.....and he wants photos before he makes choices for his photos.....

That's a mixed blessing there dude...know how many fat women still think they're pretty? Ever see too large butt cheeks fight over a cheetah skin unitard at Walmart that's 4 sizes too small?

That could give nightmares, this guy must be strong......somethings cannot be unseen.....

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

He'll have to be very careful as these are prog women we are talking about. If he is too selective and does not choose women in all their natural, third wave beauty beauty (Triggly Puff), he could get himself in hot water for not being truly representative of all that prog women have to offer and being too misogynistic and sexist.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
I can understand those solo nude artist rendering.

Protesting/posing naked accomplishes what? Some bs about unicorns, spirit science, enlightenment, and self expression. Some abstract bravery and no intellect required.

The best thing at a party convention was peter schiff asking about banning corporate profits.

It is modern art in all its nothing glory.

I was at the school to pick up my kid and one of the seniors had recently gotten back from the class trip. He was ranting about a museum they'd gone to. "There was this piece and it was just a box! A plain, cardboard box, and it was next to this exquisite French tapestry that was gorgeous and took four people all these years to make. And then there was this box! How much did they even pay for that box anyway? I could do that ..."

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is for a Republican convention? So that is why politicians go to these things
edit on 12-5-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join