It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check Out These Amazingly Detailed Airplane Models

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Those of you that have seen some of my past posts know that I am a sucker for artistry and craftsmanship in any form. One medium that I'm intrigued with the most, is scale model making. I present you with David Damek. The way he transforms a standard plastic model kit into a hyper realistic version is mesmerizing. I used to build scale model cars for years but this guy is on a whole other level.

Here is one of his videos that shows the process from beginning to end. It's a bit long but worth the watch. If you would rather just skip to the final product, go to about 11:30.

I love the process he has to etch rivets and body panels into the wings and fuselage. A true artist using tiny pieces of plastic as his canvas.

David has a youtube channel that you can find from the video above. He also has a website

I could spend hours watching his videos and probably will. Enjoy.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I have seen this video before and it is amazing just how much detail goes into making this airplane!

Nice thread!
edit on 5 12 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Friend of mine does them.

He puts erosion on the leading edges, rust in places where water would stand. It's impressive.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Incredible. That is really, really cool. A lot of skill, and A LOT of patience.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Had to be engines of war. When I was a kid I blew up all my models with firecrackers, gasoline and bb guns.

Won every time.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

LOL, M-80's?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: intrptr

LOL, M-80's?

Blitzkrieg!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I had lots of Army Men. They were for outdoors, but my models stayed strictly indoors. Very impressive airbrush and detail brush painting.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Had to be engines of war. When I was a kid I blew up all my models with firecrackers, gasoline and bb guns.

Won every time.

Did the same to the models I didn't like. I also melted some just enough to make them look like they were in a car crash. Using a BB gun was my favorite though. I would make believe I was a sniper packing a 50 cal.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That was cool. He has other good videos, too.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Alright! ready to fly it !

new topics

top topics

join