It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Documentary: Secret Codes in Shakespeare And The Treasures Beyond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In light of the recent 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare's death, it might seem a bit unsavory to bring forth a thread with this theme. However, in the interest of keeping things interesting, and perhaps spark some interest in a very fascinating time in history, I consider this to be appropriate.

It's nothing new that there's been controversy about the authorship of Shakespeare's works. What's rare, however, is that compelling evidence is discovered. A norwegian organist and amateur cryptographer, Petter Amundsen, has made some quite interesting discoveries that might answer the question of the true authorship of Shakespeare's works. But it doesn't end there. There seems to be a lot going on, and someone has gone through a lot of effort to encode hidden messages that points to a treasure burried somewhere on the planet.

The documentary Sween Swan of Avon has previously been mentioned in 2009 in this thread Discovery that might change western history. But the documentary was only available for a short time, and perhaps also exclusively for the norwegian audience. (Peruse the thread if you don't want to watch the documentary, as it summarizes very well the most salient discoveries, although I would highly recommend you do watch the documentary!)

It has since gotten english subtitles, and has been published on Vimeo for your pleasure. I found it to be very refreshing and immersing, and if you can stomach listening to the norwegian language, it's well worth it! Make sure you have a few hours to spare, because it's quite engrossing!

Vimeo - Part 1 - Sweet Swan of Avon

Vimeo - Part 2 - Sweet Swan of Avon

Vimeo - Part 3 - Sweet Swan of Avon

Vimeo - Part 4 - Sween Swan of Avon

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Droogie

Haven't watched this yet, but finding more messages in Shakespeare doesn't surprise me. For me, it just convinces me further that someone, probably Bacon and his associates were really behind the writings. I just don't buy that Shakespeare was some savant given his lifestyle and upbringing.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'll watch it I just hope it's not written by Dan brown.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Okay, I've spent the last four hours watching this.

I will go as far as to say that Bacon may be the author of Shakespeare's work, but I stop at the Oak Island material.

I think that's a stretch.

Thanks for posting the videos. They were interesting.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video links! I have watched the first one and will finish it when I have the time, It's very interesting!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

If I'm not mistaken Frances Yates has argued that there's a lot of rosicrucian ideas found in Shakespeare's works. And this supports Petter Amundsen's findings, which points in the direction that Shakespeare was a rosicrucian project. It has been argued that rosicrucianism was a proto-masonic society. Altough there's no record of freemasonry in the 17th century, I believe there's a record of a certain person being inducted into the secret society in the 1640's. So something has obviously been going on within freemasonry 20 years after the first folio was released. That doesn't necessarily prove anything on this matter however.

I find it highly likely that Shakespeares works was a rosicrucian project. Jola Sigmond who's an expert in 17th century typesetting (not sure of the correct translation) and an accomplished cryptographer lends his support to Petter's findings.

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus

I can assure you it's not. Alas it can be interpreted to be in the same vein as Dan Brown, I would argue that this is infinitely more compelling though! Hope you won't be disappointed

a reply to: Restricted

The Oak Island theory can certainly seem like a stretch. But it is interesting how Petter recognized Fred Nolan's cross to be a part of the tree of life. The boulders found on the island corresponds with the sephirots of the tree of life. Maybe it's not conclusive, but it is compelling.

originally posted by: Starcrossd
Thanks for posting the video links! I have watched the first one and will finish it when I have the time, It's very interesting!

Thanks, Starcrossd! Glad you enjoyed it. It only gets better in the following episodes. I would also remark that a lot of the findings didn't make it into this documentary, which is unfortunate. There is alot of evidence compiled that sews a much more intricate picture than what is presented.

There will be an english speaking documentary soon I believe, featuring Shakespeare scholar Robert Crumpton, in which Petter Amundsen will present his findings to Robert. Sounds good to me!
edit on 13/5/16 by Droogie because: spelling error

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Droogie

Sweet Swan of Avon?

Will check it out.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

What a fitting moniker, swanne! I'd wager you'll find it to be a very enjoyable documentary!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Droogie
a reply to: Aazadan

If I'm not mistaken Frances Yates has argued that there's a lot of rosicrucian ideas found in Shakespeare's works. And this supports Petter Amundsen's findings, which points in the direction that Shakespeare was a rosicrucian project. It has been argued that rosicrucianism was a proto-masonic society. Altough there's no record of freemasonry in the 17th century, I believe there's a record of a certain person being inducted into the secret society in the 1640's. So something has obviously been going on within freemasonry 20 years after the first folio was released. That doesn't necessarily prove anything on this matter however.

I find it highly likely that Shakespeares works was a rosicrucian project. Jola Sigmond who's an expert in 17th century typesetting (not sure of the correct translation) and an accomplished cryptographer lends his support to Petter's findings.

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus

I can assure you it's not. Alas it can be interpreted to be in the same vein as Dan Brown, I would argue that this is infinitely more compelling though! Hope you won't be disappointed

a reply to: Restricted

The Oak Island theory can certainly seem like a stretch. But it is interesting how Petter recognized Fred Nolan's cross to be a part of the tree of life. The boulders found on the island corresponds with the sephirots of the tree of life. Maybe it's not conclusive, but it is compelling.

originally posted by: Starcrossd

Thanks, Starcrossd! Glad you enjoyed it. It only gets better in the following episodes. I would also remark that a lot of the findings didn't make it into this documentary, which is unfortunate. There is alot of evidence compiled that sews a much more intricate picture than what is presented.

There will be an english speaking documentary soon I believe, featuring Shakespeare scholar Robert Crumpton, in which Petter Amundsen will present his findings to Robert. Sounds good to me!

Bookmarking for later viewing, thanks!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bipolarised

Great! I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Cracking the Shakespeare Code.

Thought I'd just post these newer videos (all in english).

Fascinating stuff.

top topics

join