It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex abuse victim in her 20s allowed by doctors to choose euthanasia due to 'incurable' PTSD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yes...of course. Im from Michigan and I agree with Dr. Kervorkian and his assisted suicide debate. Everyone has the right to choose their own fate.

Unless of course there is some reason they are not fully mentally sound and capable of making that determination. Otherwise...many of us would just give up, right?

Thanks for replying

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Me too. I hope peace is something she's found now...or will. No one has the right to tell her how she feels. Help her? Yes. Work with her? Sure. However long it takes. And if it doesnt? She has every right.

We all do. Terrible situation...prayer goes out to her and those like her.....

Thanks

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The shrinks 'helping' her are crap.

How can self-destruct equal justice? This young woman deserves justice and her death is not justice, ever.

If she is dead, how can she provide witness and victim evidence against her attackers? How will they be brought to justice?

No, better to assist death for the victim than see child rapists accused and punished.

This story makes me angry and I think the so called experts are crap because if this victim felt half the anger I feel reading her story, she may find the will to fight and to live and love. But I guess over and above all else, the psych babble fools need to ensure the smooth running of their institutions and a very damaged young woman that will not respond to their drugs and useless therapies is probably just a nuisance.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I got no problem with her taking her own life at a young age, but she should be required by law to do it on her own, preferably with a bullet to the head. A bullet to the brain is the only for sure painless and instant way to die. With teams of physicians and Euthanasia drugs there could be potential for human error or incorrect dosing, leading to horrible, protracted agonizing death, as has been the case with various lethal injection executions.

Stick her in a room with a mirror, lock the door, and let her see just how suicidal she really is. Turns out most people who ask others to help them die really arent that interested in dying when they have to do it themselves.

Like I can understand the elderly and permanently disabled, but a young 20 something should have the opportunity herself to make that decision. I sometimes wonder if these death dealers are just under orders to help clear out citizens who are tax liabilities, and maybe they actually encourage suicide for the benefit of the state more than the citizen.

I say make assisted suicide legal for 50+ or the permanently physically disabled. Otherwise they should do it on their own. Noone is taking their right away, just telling them the establishment will not assist you in doing it until your older.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
A bullet to the brain is the only for sure painless and instant way to die.

One of the guys in my lodge is a trauma doctor in the Bronx and he had to put this guy back together last year who tried to blow his head off with a shotgun and did not quite finish the job.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The doctors judged her to be "totally competent" and that there was "no major depression or other mood disorder which affected her thinking".

Something is not right here. By its very nature, PTSD is a "major depression and mood disorder" which affects the sufferer's thinking. One cannot have severe, untreated PTSD and not be suffering a mood disorder. That statement alone is a medical contradiction from her doctors.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

the idiot was probably aiming under his chin like most people who survive gunshots to the head. That has never happened, or will ever happen to anyone who knows to aim the barrel to their brain, as I outlined in my first response.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

I was thinking this exact thing. My only theory is, the judges involved looked at a graph showing the taxes she has paid to the government, next to another that shows how much she cost in social services, and the conclusion was "liability, authorize the murder . The pre-meditated intentional killing of another, regardless of legality or personal request, is still a murder.

edit on 5/12/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This may sound weird but. THIS is where brainwashing can actually come in handy. Put MK ultra to good use.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

ok I'll play. Are we putting her head in the deep clean for clandestine operations for "The Company" , or the Dutch equivalent? Or are we going to just give it a gentle cycle for delicates so she can go on to teach Kindergarten, volunteer at the animal shelter, and serve food at the soup kitchen??

I have heard confronting the abusers in front of authority and selling out their disgusting crimes to the public has helped other victims in the past. Could it help her??

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The doctors judged her to be "totally competent" and that there was "no major depression or other mood disorder which affected her thinking".

Something is not right here. By its very nature, PTSD is a "major depression and mood disorder" which affects the sufferer's thinking. One cannot have severe, untreated PTSD and not be suffering a mood disorder. That statement alone is a medical contradiction from her doctors.

This is exactly what I am thinking as well. There is something very wrong with declaring this woman competent - not only because of PTSD, but the anorexia as well.

I have been diagnosed with both of these due to a lifetime of sexual abuse as well, and for a decade I struggled severely, with almost nonstop hospitalizations and suicide attempts. Only now, again after 10 years of intensive therapy, am I finally starting to feel "normal" thanks to a wonderful therapist I finally found who has turned my life around so completely. She was a blessing to me. I nearly died many times, but the doctors working with me never gave up. My suicide was never an option. I am so thankful for this today..

My trauma is not hers and I have no idea what she was going through, but I feel that there is something very wrong with deeming a person with PTSD and Anorexia competent. Extreme, chronic undernourishment affects your brain in ways you cannot even imagine. You cannot possibly think clearly, your emotions are all over the place, nothing is normal with your brain function. So not only is the PTSD a red flag, but so is the eating disorder from which she suffered. I did not start thinking clearly again until months after being hospitalized and stabilized during episodes of my anorexia. PTSD on top of that leaves one absolutely crippled and drained, emotionally, mentally and physically. I am not buying this at all.

I am just speechless that someone with fullblown PTSD and anorexia could be deemed competent. No one in the midst of these illnesses is competent, by definition.
edit on 12-5-2016 by JustAnObservation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

ok I'll play. Are we putting her head in the deep clean for clandestine operations for "The Company" , or the Dutch equivalent? Or are we going to just give it a gentle cycle for delicates so she can go on to teach Kindergarten, volunteer at the animal shelter, and serve food at the soup kitchen??

I have heard confronting the abusers in front of authority and selling out their disgusting crimes to the public has helped other victims in the past. Could it help her??

WHy not a all of the above approach? And no it cant help her now. shes dead.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Drugs don't work for that sort of depression. They make it worse.

Their are other ways to treat depression and addiction that do work too well. One method is the biotuner. Used by Pete Townsend to get off opiates. Called CES. Cranial Electrical Stimulation.

To bad she's in the clutches of incompetent druggers.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Doctor Smith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
PTSD is not a joke. It's a psychological depression, and that's perhaps cause for a form of psychosis. As well as being so young, and that life, I dare not judge.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AscendantCause42
PTSD is not a joke. It's a psychological depression, and that's perhaps cause for a form of psychosis. As well as being so young, and that life, I dare not judge.

I am by no means judging the girl. PTSD cannot be cured, it can only hope to be managed and the effects combated. (and I agree with the member above regarding drugs... pill pushing at PTSD, or any mental ailment which cannot be clinically tested to be a chemical imbalance is not much of an advancement past the barbarism of Electroshock therapy or lobotomies.) I'm judging the doctors and the system, however. Those doctors are quacks (as all too many are) who clearly thought it easier to bury their problem patient vs continuing to work to find actual remedy for her.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I pray for her and believe that such abuse does occur to be a tragedy beyond compare, but it does remain her choice.

That being said, the issues I have with psychology and especially psychiatry is that they are in fact, every bit as much of an art form as they are a science. Have you ever exhibited strong emotional reactions to outside stimuli? Ever got mad at the wanker that cut you off going down the freeway? Ever get upset at the kid who ran over your foot while they were biking in the middle of the sidewalk? Then according to modern psychiatry, you have exhibited symptoms of an emotional instability. The treatment can be arbitrarily enforced by the courts and others.

Trying not to stereotype here but ... seems when I was in University, a great many ... a seemingly larger number than within other fields anyhow ... of the psych majors had endured abuse of some kind or another and were there as much so that they could quantify, categorize, label and fit themselves in some neat little checkbox in some neat, easy-to-understand category somewhere. Then when they get in the real world, they project their personal perception onto others in a manner that can and does routinely and adversely impact the lives of a great many others.

The problem is not that they practice this art, but the fact that they practice it as a science ... and then we add in big pharma and ... well ... that is a different topic.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this person for whatever that may be worth, and it remains her decision. Once she has made up her mind, she will likely go through with it. Is it not substantially more humane to allow her to do it in such a manner that it is relatively speaking at least, pain and fear free?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I had a similar conversation before about depression and doctor assisted suicide I couldn't bring myself to be fully on board for that then and it's hard for me to do so now, for in my mind there have got to be an out not yet thought of, at the sametime I can't walk in that poor young lady's shoe, I don't know if someone mentioned this in the previous comments but does that mean the abusers get to be charged with murder or manslaughter??.
edit on 13-5-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
In the United States we give them EBT so they can buy sneakers and iPhones.

Perhaps a long nap is better?

So then get on with it.

You cant buy non food items with EBT. sigh.....

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

If they have 'Cash Assistance" that goes with the card , then yes, they can actually buy anything they want. I had to ring up someone years ago with an EBT card, and they had money under the cash assistance. They only bout stuff for a cellphone though, a charger and case I think. I guess thats a valid purchase for cash assistance I think.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
If this catches on, overpopulation won't be much of an issue. It's easy to picture scores of confused and frustrated souls clamoring for their "right to death" in the future.

It makes about as much sense as everything else. Kill your children, kill your sick, kill your elders, and kill yourself.

All of this seems to grow out of some strange idea that life should not entail suffering of any kind. Suffering and confusion are personal growth opportunities. They're also part of being human.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I belive its more becouse of the severe anorexia that would of damaged her body to a point that she will only die in pain other than PTSD.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join