It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Napolitano: Mrs. Clinton’s folks are preparing for the worst.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: 200Plus
My TS has lapsed since my retirement, so I am going simply by common sense with this question:

My questions would be: Why did she feel a need to control an e-mail server to begin with? With tens of thousands of employees on State Dept servers, what did she need to shield by going private?

When (if) these questions are asked ... intent will be defined.

"Convenience".

That is her answer.

You have to be deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid not to see what The Clintons were up to, imo.

Still, my big question is why did Obama fail to appoint the requisite PERMANENT Inspector General for the State Dept. during her entire tenure....then wait five months after she left to appoint one. If anybody working in the State Dept. wanted to report her, who could they go to? She was The Big Cheese and the so-called acting IG was her lapdog not the watchdog he should have been.

The whole bunch were up to something and I hope James Comey knows it.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
That says that if the original classification authority, in this case, the agencies that were doing Hillarys email review, can not determine a specific date or event for declassification...it shall be declassified 10-25 years from the date of the original decision based on the severity of the information contained.

This is not what Original Classification Authority means. An Original Classification Authority is an actual person. This is a crucial element in any case developed against Hillary.

I think Hillary, was in fact, an OCA. If she was ... they could bury her ... or she's already been promised a pardon. If I was a betting man, I'd wager she's already been charged, pleaded guilty and been pardoned. These things happen. In fact, the latter two can (more easily) just be written off.

There's some reason she hasn't been arrested (first) and charged (second). We, the public, are not important enough to be informed. If she was hammered behind closed doors (as is the most likely case, considering how Hillary ran her mouth) ... then (and I hate to admit it) she was most likely accurate when she said 'nothing' is gonna come of this e-mail scandal.

There's an awful lot people just don't know about classified information. I don't have the time or inclination to correct everything wrong I've seen in the Clinton e-mail threads ... but, I haven't really seen any single person with their finger on the pulse.

The real threat to Hillary's run for the presidency, is not what they can make stick to her ... but what they can make stick to her staff ... and run her campaign into the ground with.

-Cheers

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The IG has got a whole lot of power. If you want to do wrong ... don't have an IG.

Along these lines, who was the acting IG? Is anyone gullible enough to believe the entire office was vacated? If it was vacated, what were the circumstances under which the Deputy IG departed? Did somebody offer all of the IG staff lucrative positions in other offices ... all at once? Now, there's an opportunity to charge someone with conspiracy ... a felony.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Speaking of which: A search of recent stories on the subject STILL hasn't explained the missing/unaccounted for $6 Billion under Secretary of State Clinton.

The most recent explanations only site sloppiness,neglect and irresponsibility on Clinton's part...with no specific mention of where the actual money went.

Imagine a POTUS Clinton...where the IRS or Treasury loses/misplaces $1 Trillion in like manner...with no serious accounting, explanation...or consequences.

The State Department’s inspector general has warned the department that $6 billion in contracting money over the past six years cannot be properly accounted for and cited “significant financial risk and . . . a lack of internal control.”

The warning was the second “management alert” in State Department history, both issued by new Inspector General Steve Linick.

Linick took over the job in late September, after it had been vacant for nearly six years.

www.washingtonpost.com... 8ebf465c-bb73-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html
edit on 13-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If I was a betting man, I'd wager she's already been charged, pleaded guilty and been pardoned. These things happen. In fact, the latter two can (more easily) just be written off.

There's some reason she hasn't been arrested (first) and charged (second). We, the public, are not important enough to be informed. If she was hammered behind closed doors (as is the most likely case, considering how Hillary ran her mouth) ... then (and I hate to admit it) she was most likely accurate when she said 'nothing' is gonna come of this e-mail scandal.

If this is the case, is there no other recourse for justice?

The above scenario may somehow be 'legal,' but it isn't anywhere near the vicinity of fair.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hillary will order the office of the irs inspector general eliminated.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

That is correct... I should have explained that better.

All that is covered under the EO as well.

Here's something else that is pertinent to these discussions:

Sec. 1.7. Classification Prohibitions and Limitations.

(e) Compilations of items of information that are individually unclassified may be classified if the compiled information reveals an additional association or relationship that: (1) meets the standards for classification under this order; and (2) is not otherwise revealed in the individual items of information.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I think Hillary, was in fact, an OCA.

Not for everything she sent. Certainly not for the ones she
instructed "removed the headers".

If I was a betting man, I'd wager she's already been charged, pleaded guilty and been pardoned.

Not likely, as they just wrapped up an interview with Mills.
That would be light speed, Virginia hardly moves that fast,
even in the Rocket Docket.

Cheers

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

If I was a betting man, I'd wager she's already been charged, pleaded guilty and been pardoned. These things happen. In fact, the latter two can (more easily) just be written off.

If this is the case, is there no other recourse for justice?

The above scenario may somehow be 'legal,' but it isn't anywhere near the vicinity of fair.

I don't know. Too hard for me to explain. I've been in real hot water on numerous occasions. If your busting your b@!!$ ... it's gonna happen. I've always had a good boss that understood ... and in each of those instances it was written off. That's oversimplified as Hell, but it makes the point.

All the time Hillary was drawing fire ... 0bama was getting away with something. If that's what he wanted her to do for him, and she did it well ... can you fault her for not accepting the blame? Same thing happens when a conservative is in office. Reagan had George Bush senior. Bush Jr. had Cheney. I just don't know.

She broke the law. Of that there is no doubt.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I don't think convenience was it per say.

I think it revolves around her position as SecState, the Clinton Foundation, and her and bill knowing they were committing public corruption by using her position to get funds for their foundation. That's the only valid reason for having a private server that bypasses several laws dealing with transparency and accountability.

With the latest revelation that the Clinton foundation pulled in over 100 million from several Arab governments I think is just the tip of the iceberg. I think the restricted emails were an accident that was caught up in her corruption scheme.

or, as I view it, the Cherry on the parfait.

Her position when this started revolved around the server and personal emails that would not be released. Her top aide was working for her at State while also working for the foundation. The guy hired to install the server works for Bill. His legal fees are being paid for by the Clinton's personally.

I think the classified material was a mistake that spilled out however I think the real "scam" was the corruption and the clinton foundation.
edit on 13-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Not for everything she sent.

An OCA is an OCA is an OCA. So ... Yes ... for everything she sent. If ... she was an OCA. This I don't know.

Certainly not for the ones she instructed "removed the headers".

Though she'd still be an OCA, I agree that she could not lawfully declassify the information. Classified information is inherently classified. It's the OCA who is supposed to make that apparent.

Not likely, as they just wrapped up an interview with Mills. That would be light speed, Virginia hardly moves that fast,
even in the Rocket Docket.

The whole nut roll may have been taken care of a very very long time ago. You don't think the 0bama team hadn't already thought of this and conducted damage control before the media broke the story, do you?
edit on 1352016 by Snarl because: Quoting

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think the classified material was a mistake that spilled out however I think the real "scam" was the corruption and the clinton foundation.

That right there is the real aspect people should be looking at, but we are too focused on the classified email part to see what may be in front of our faces.

I posted earlier in this thread the comments of a Washington lawyer that is an expert in government security issues. He said the worst that he sees coming out of this issue is Hillary being humbled and humiliated for making some bad decisions. The way this is shaping-up, it seems likely Hillary may not be charged with anything on that aspect, but in some of her emails, there does appear to be some overlap between the Clinton Foundation, SD dealings and foreign nations.

The most interesting being Iran. That is where I think the focus should be and I wonder if the FBI is focusing their attention there.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ok, on the OCA

The whole nut roll may have been taken care of a very very long time ago. You don't think the 0bama team hadn't already thought of this and conducted damage control before the media broke the story, do you?

Obama would put it in a bbq pit in Hawaii, sure.

However, he is not quite in charge here as he wishes. This is not a done deal,
even if the DNC can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Interviews would have ceased. ( Mills) That would mean they are propagating news
stories ( not usually FBI stew ) as Comey just had a private press meeting,
and lied to everyone. If he was CIA, sure.

edit on 13-5-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
This is not a done deal

Yeah ... I'm afraid it is. This has the same smell as the 0bama birther thingy. They let it play itself out just like they're letting this one run.

In the end there's a phony birth certificate and 0bama is still the President.

The only way this is Not a done deal is if some rogue LEOs bum rush her Secret Service detail and forcefully take Hillary into custody. That would bring the situation to a head and ensure lots of charges were handed out. In the end, we might get a little more clarification, but we'd never get the full story.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yeah ... I'm afraid it is. This has the same smell as the 0bama birther thingy. They let it play itself out just like they're letting this one run.

Hmmm I dont recall the FBI on the case with Hillary's birther binge.

However, stranger things have happened since Obama, if your into
the demoralization of the U.S. citizen as priority #1 this would
be a perfect Obama 2.1.

Maybe Obama is sharing her emails with the Kremlin.

ETA: Doubt Hillary would let a day go by without the advantage to
her campaign if she was cleared. According to her latest
email, she is a poor lady in distress fighting men on all quadrants.

Bernie is convenient cover, that is why she does not call on him to drop out.

edit on 13-5-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

January 2016 - Report: FBI expands investigation of Clinton

The FBI has expanded its investigation of Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server during her time as secretary of State to determine whether her Clinton Foundation work violated public corruption laws, according to Fox News.

The report is based on accounts by three unnamed sources.

"The agents are investigating the possible intersection of Clinton Foundation donations, the dispensation of State Department contracts and whether regular processes were followed," one of the sources told Fox.

Critics of Clinton have questioned whether her work with her family's foundation during her time as secretary of State may have constituted a conflict of interest, and whether the foundation's donors wielded influence over her while she was in office.

The FBI's investigation up until now has been focused on the classified information shared in the emails.

The State Department has released over 3,000 emails from Clinton's private server, 1,340 of which were deemed classified at some level.

One of the Fox sources also said that the FBI is especially eager to pursue a high-profile public corruption case in the wake of what they believe was overly lenient treatment of former CIA Director David Petraeus, who pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor last year for mishandling classified information after it was revealed that he had given classified information to his mistress.

Clinton, who is the front-runner in the Democratic presidential primary, has denied knowingly sending or receiving classified information over her private server.

While she has maintained she had no contact with the clinton foundation as secstate (according to her lesser functionaries within the state department dealt with them) several emails have shown that to be a lie.

The FBI is investigating the corruption portion but everyone is concentrating on the classified email portion.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Good.

Like I said. That is the real issue and this classification nonsense is just that, nonsense.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Good.

Like I said. That is the real issue and this classification nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Says someone who never handled classified info.
Those laws are not nonsense.
She has broken those laws and deserves the same treatment anyone else would get.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Good.

I see that is the new teenage-like tactic to say "says someone" or "says the person".

Has intelligent devolved to teenage rhetoric?

If you have a point you believe is profound, at least put some effort in to it.

Otherwise, go over to the TeenDisney forums. They talk like that.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Good.

I see that is the new teenage-like tactic to say "says someone" or "says the person".

Has intelligent devolved to teenage rhetoric?

If you have a point you believe is profound, at least put some effort in to it.

Otherwise, go over to the TeenDisney forums. They talk like that.

No tactics here
Have you held a clearance?
The laws that deal with such are not nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join