It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet is a Kill-switch for Inconvenient Truths

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PanPiper
Be nice to people...

I am, which is why I have not had to create multiple accounts here.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: PanPiper
Be nice to people...

I am, which is why I have not had to create multiple accounts here.

This is the other big problem I have with the Internet.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, more than one who can play an old game.. Some are actually born into the old ways and some well they just hold the fort..

Just like google, people are learning it and this new generation will actually be born with it.. Fantastic how a head start can give you perks..

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper

That string of words makes no sense.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

Back to topic, i meant more.. Dont believe in anything/everyone you meet in life.. Even if they come as friends, they are just men with their own agenda..

Like google, question everything, be skeptical.. The most honest answers you will get are transparent.. Those who cloud the answers and calls it " the truth " are just trying to sell their own things..

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

.. those who learn early how to use google, will get use to it and can find their own ways..

Hope that cleared things up?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Nope, still makes no sense.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yes, please, back to topic!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

That's a great point!

The deeper problem here is the entire notion that everything is relative. I'm not sure how we came to believe this, culturally, but we have. I see this every day in my work and on social media / here at ATS.

Who needs "facts" when you have "opinions" that already agree with you?

On the plus side, so many great stories in that!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Who needs "facts" when you have "opinions" that already agree with you?

Exactly. Google and Facebook are creating an echo chamber of likeminded results. If that control is wrested from them by the government you will get another echo chamber, only with a different agenda.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You know, you're absolutely correct and its a very scary thing, but here's the thing.

There are those who grew up, i.e., reached the age of say 25 before the Internet, can read books and many can even nearly think for themselves.

The Facebook generation, i.e., the Millennials, don't expect to have to think or figure things out for themselves. They expect to be told what to think. And their children won't give it a single thought. When Google comes across on the Jumbotron that the person in every 5th seat in the stadium should slash their wrists to save the planet from over population, they'll happily comply!

So.......those of us who know different, we'll be dead by then...........so.......what do we care?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Frankly? People should be wary enough not to trust fakebook or to use google at all, simple as that.

There are tons of better search-engines out there, really. And who really thinks, news have to be on the same page with people who constantly post selfies to cope with their crap of a life, probably needs a slap in the face anyway.

I really hope this thread provided one, it's desperately needed and well deserved. Stared and flagged, slap 'em hard!

edit on 12-5-2016 by PublicOpinion because: Kill Switch added

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The way youtube now functions also now serves to hide and smother any truth. It is like dumping a haystack on a needle, not to be found again!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That's right. Try to see the big picture and not the pixels, won't you?

You are not being invaded with spiked dirty 'smart' electricity that
rips your soul and face off, on a cell by cell basis
(the wires in your house are the cell)
as you enter slumber, finalized by
your own personal digital 'smart' meter
(think $ekret Machine$) kaching (sorry Tom)

acting as a precise one way electron-tight metering valve which quantifies your very mind,
and aura, measuring each atom's movement in your personal field
and which is happily installed by armed skulking electricians
who are in reality, just enormous army ants.

No no no. This isn't really happening, to you...

You are simply having the experience, is all.

Do try to picture the Queen putting her lizard print undies on,
and what she looks like underneath it all. I seen them shapeshift, yeah
That is what you should be focusing on.
Ignore the hardware, won't you? I want you to see the whole painting...
not the meaningless pixels, they mean nothing. The picture can exist without it!

Be the picture Danny....na na na na na na na

# 642
edit on 12-5-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: Hey Travis, I want you to meet easy Andy, he's a traveling salesman, room 709 *cough*

edit on 12-5-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: Alan Klein would stabbed his pudgy finger in the air, and say 'you should be rich'

edit on 12-5-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: ...after which, George put down his guitar and announced that he was in love with Maureen.

edit on 12-5-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: Maureen left the room sobbing. 'Incest', George only said.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yeah MSM distribution outlets, even for press releases may censor competitive viewpoints. Google provides a lot of good info but alternatives are needed.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What terrifies me the most is how current events are removed, censored and near enough obliterated from the overwebs. They have even starting censoring and deleting content on 4Chan! I mean c'mon..

The new Espionage Act that UK PM Theresa May wants to bring in, is even scarier. It will mean even average joe citizens will not be able to post, share or discuss particular topics.

That means things will end up being driven underground... There goes our last little bit of free speech we had..

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What frightens me about these companies manipulating topics is that there will be people calling for this to be regulated to prevent them from altering the topic/news stories.

And guess who ends up regulating the information then?

God, if what you said couldn't be more true, this has already happened.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

I'd like to claim I was presentient but the handwriting on the wall was fairly obvious.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I don't think they should censor anything. If some folks are stupid enough to get rabid over fake news from a blog, parody tweet or some other source too bad. You have to admit it's funny seeing some group getting worked into a frenzy over nothing. Even funnier when someone "credible" points it out to them.

Best in last few days was Pelosi and the fake tweet.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join