It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am God and I am Love No Matter what you Have Been Told

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: QuinnP

Yes, "God" killed indiscriminately.

One event (if you believe the bible) killed millions, if not billions of people.

The flood.

You were an eyewitness to it and know God killed good people during the flood? Ones that loved Jehovah and listened to his warnings. Please bring forth your proof you have on hand.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Here's five.

I can find more if you want?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: QuinnP

One event (if you believe the bible) killed millions, if not billions of people.

The flood.

You were an eyewitness to it and know God killed good people during the flood? Ones that loved Jehovah and listened to his warnings. Please bring forth your proof you have on hand.

Genesis 6:1-22

6 When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, z“My Spirit shall not abide in1 man forever, afor he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” 4 The Nephilim2 were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. 5 bThe Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every cintention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And dthe Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it egrieved him to his heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah ffound favor in the eyes of the Lord.

link   
There Is Thing God Does.... And It Erks Me Greatly. Both... When He Does It... And When Fools Fall Into It.

Before One Finds God... He Is Tested. For The Lord God Loves To Tests Mens Hearts.
The Tests Are Known As Weights And Measures.
Weight: How Much Pressure Can You Handle???
Measure: How Far Are You Willing To Go???

These Are Tests We All Know Are Called "Trials By Fire!"
They Are Ruthless... The More You Endure... The More Worthy You Are.
You Are Cast Forth Into The World Wherein Wild Beasts, Wicked Men, Evil Wizards, And Strange Gods Lay In Wait For You. You Have Only But To Survive...

Once These Tests Are Complete. This God Rewards You In Heaven With "The Seat At The Right Hand Of God!" Here Is Where Those Wild Beasts, Wicked Men, Evil Wizards, And Strange Gods Are Brought To Justice. To Be Damned.

Now.. He Is Where My Erk Kicks In.

Misery Loves Company. How Miserable Do You Have To Be... And How F***ed Up Are You In The Head To Sit There And Pleasure Yourself With Judgment Passed On The Damned???

What Can Make A Man Hate So Much... That It Causes Him To Enjoy The Misery Of Those Who Have Hurt Him...??? Even Worse.. God Will Bring Them Each Before You And Judge Them.

Misery Loves Company...

On A More Sensible Note: These Happenings Are What Makes Men Try Harder.

But... God Sells Men To Death. What Is Funny Is He Expects You To Come Out Alright At The End. But... You Must Rely On Your Own Wits And Your Insignificant Strength(s) To Get Through It. This Is Fire.

What Was God's Mistake... Is That Fire Putrefies The Man. He Comes Out Of It Anew.
No More Emotions To Carry Around In His Heart. No More Thoughts To Weigh Him Down.
No Hatred For His Enemies... No Desire For Revenge. Cleansed!

This Is A Comedy.
edit on 12-5-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

link   

The flood.

You weren't an eye witness to anything in the bible, yet you pass it on as "truth". Therefore, if the flood is in the bible, it must be true.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

What is the proof God destroyed God fearing righteous people? You said: Here's five.

That doesn't mean anything.

If you ask me for proof for something I will give it to you.

You have the same courtesy and do the same.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

That was in relation to errors in the bible.

Keep up.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I guess you missed the post 3 posts up

originally posted by: Vector99

The flood.

6 When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, z“My Spirit shall not abide in1 man forever, afor he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” 4 The Nephilim2 were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. 5 bThe Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every cintention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And dthe Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it egrieved him to his heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah ffound favor in the eyes of the Lord.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

That is fair. But it is never God who puts you to the test.

Actually it is Satan. He demands of God to test you and God allows him.

Scripture tells us:

(James 1:13) When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.

Never imagine EVER that if you are being put through a trial it is from God. Being tested with evil or bad, be it a temptation or persecution. God does not do that.

But even Jesus lamented to his apostles when he was about to die that Satan had asked Jehovah to have them to sift through them:

(Luke 22:31, 32) . . .“Simon, Simon, look! Satan has demanded to have all of you to sift you as wheat. 32 But I have made supplication for you that your faith may not give out; and you, once you have returned, strengthen your brothers.”

And the real thing is, the man of true faith knows all these things, and knows that what awaits us is worth far more than what we have today:

(Romans 8:18) . . .For I consider that the sufferings of the present time do not amount to anything in comparison with the glory that is going to be revealed in us.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I guess you missed the post 3 posts up

The flood.

That scripture, while very poorly worded and full of spelling errors, does not prove they were good people. That isn't an answer at all.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

What would God say about all of the people who accuse him of being evil because evil is in the world.

I think GOD is far above this type of petty behavior,IMHO. I would imagine that HE doesn't pay one bit of attention.

It sad to say, but as a species, we will never get anywhere until all religion is gone.

Religion is a man-made control device, period.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Sorry Ol'Pal...

You Are Free To Start All Over Again. Start From Page 1 In Genesis... And Continue Til You Get To The Part That Says: For God Tests Mens Hearts. The Devil Will Not Be Your Scapegoat This Time.

I Promise You Won't Have Read Past The OT.

BTW: Greetings QuinnP...
Miss'd Ya Lots Ol'Pal...

Thanks For Your Visit.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

So, quick yes or no. You think some babies deserve to die?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

would he not be a God of love?

Why exactly...?

From what I can see there's tons of suffering,I am not specifically referring to the the actions committed by humans but in this state of reality you have disease,famine and an inevitable death hanging over you like Damocles's sword. Parasites that swim up men's urethra,fungal spores that attack your lungs and most other organisms have ways to kill or maim us. Then the rest of the universe is just as rife with stuff like supernova's,black holes and asteroids this size of giant planets..

If this universe is created it ain't made by a loving god that's for sure,more like some sadistic old man with love for dark humor. The bible gives you a false perspective and expectation of what the creator of the universe should be,take it with a pinch of salt. For you feminists out there,I say MAN because I agree with George Carlin that no female creator could've #ed up a project like creating the universe anywhere near as bad.

Anyway,take care.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What would God say about all of the people who accuse him of being evil because evil is in the world.

I dont know, I doubt he would care or say anything.

Then I thought, this is what he would say.

Great another person who thinks they can speak like a God or for God.

God is real.

Wouldn't God say "I am real" if he is talking to those that accuse God of being evil?

Many people do not want to recognize it, but I know it is true.

Is this still what God would say?

Just as many others do. And if there is a God, and there is one, would he not be a God of love?

Same here, is this what you think God would say?

A question for you, if the Bible which you seem to constantly quote in this thread of yours describes God as being everything from the Alpha to the Omega, the first to the last, basically everything,

Why do you try to put limitations on God?

Why do so many Christians and other religious folk try to do the same thing, Limit God to only the Good, Isn't God the creator?

Why Limit his creation? So is the Bible wrong and God is not the Alpha and Omega?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You are absolutely right. Love sucks. /sarc

Seriously, just because something comes out of a book with which you disagree does not always mean the sentiment is wrong.

I personally agree with the part of Quran 2:256 that states "there can be no compulsion in religion" despite being Christian.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio

Sorry Ol'Pal...

You Are Free To Start All Over Again. Start From Page 1 In Genesis... And Continue Til You Get To The Part That Says: For God Tests Mens Hearts. The Devil Will Not Be Your Scapegoat This Time.

I Promise You Won't Have Read Past The OT.

BTW: Greetings QuinnP...
Miss'd Ya Lots Ol'Pal...

Thanks For Your Visit.

Hey good to see you to.

And you are correct, I am aware that scripture says that God tests men's hearts. In fact here is one example of him testing his servants:

(Deuteronomy 8:2) . . .Remember the long road that Jehovah your God made you walk these 40 years in the wilderness, to humble you and to put you to the test so as to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not.

But there is a difference between tempting someone with evil and putting them to the test to see if their heart is true and complete toward you. He gave them the test to see what was in their heart. And it wasn't anything evil. What he told them to do was good and righteous. He wanted to see if they would obey.

Just like you said, way back in Genesis 2 he put Adam and Eve to the test to see if they would be obedient, by telling them they could not eat fruit from one certain tree. Again he did not tempt them with evil. He merely put up a restriction on their relative freedom he created them with, by stating, I am your God, and I have the right to tell you what to do. Will you obey me? And he even lets them know if they don't obey then they lose the right to live.

But still this was not an evil thing.

What I was talking about was evil things, persecution and temptation do not come from God. For with evil God can not ever be tempted, nor does he EVER tempt anyone with evil.

Some people get the two confused. So I can understand you though.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Vector99

You are absolutely right. Love sucks. /sarc

Seriously, just because something comes out of a book with which you disagree does not always mean the sentiment is wrong.

I personally agree with the part of Quran 2:256 that states "there can be no compulsion in religion" despite being Christian.

A very sound and true observation. Good points.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Jehovah is the one that puts limitations on himself. For example he reveals to us that he is too pure to look upon what is evil:

(Habakkuk 1:13) . . .Your eyes are too pure to look on what is evil, And you cannot tolerate wickedness.. . .

And also he refuses to lie. He is a God of truth and righteousness:

(Hebrews 6:18) in order that through two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie,. . .

When Jesus was on earth he understood the unerring truth of God's word. He emphasized how greatly his word is truth when he stated:

(Matthew 5:18) 18 Truly I say to you that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one stroke of a letter to pass away from the Law until all things take place.

The heavens, the entire universe, along with the earth in it would all cease to exist before God's unerring word found in the Bible will NOT come to pass. If Jehovah says it is going to happen, or if he says a certain thing is the way it is, it is true.

With God there is no unrighteousness:

(Deuteronomy 32:4) . . .The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he.

As Jehovah is a perfect God and is a righteous and just God all his dealings are thus perfect and good and righteous. And all of them are based on love.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

So is it just when those things torment the wicked?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join