It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhamed was a child molester.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: mulberry4000

I'm waiting for some evidence to support the idea that people used to mature at a younger age some millennia ago.

Physically or mentally?

Life spans were shorter, we know that much.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

It's judging a man who is a prophet 1.8 billion people

Higher standards

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Many countries in Europe around the 11th century had age of consent around 10 years old. Why are you not making a fuss about that?

Source

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: blueman12

Belief in any religion is silly. None of the "prophets" or any of the major religions did anything for slavery or women's rights or children etc.

Depends on your definition of prophet and Major religion.

Nanak in Sikhism was pushing equal rights for woman in the 1500AD.

Equality

Men and women are equal in Sikhism and share the same rights. In contrast, while other faiths have been arguing in recent times on female priest ordination, women have been leading prayers at Sikh temples since the founding of Sikhism.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

Name a religious prophet who wasn't. We'll wait here.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
We shouldn't forget that after Muhammad was "enlightened" he became a thief and took up robbing caravans as his vocation, even attacking during religious holidays where all parties had agreed not to fight.

He then had a an elderly man killed in his sleep and a put a death sentence on a woman who criticized him in a poem. Keep in mind she criticized that he had an elderly man killed in his sleep. So far he seems like a mobster...starting a life of crime and then putting hits on people.

Then he went into genocide killing The Jews of Qurayza in massive trenches about 600-700 of them and dividing the women and children amongst his people to be used as slaves.

Great guy so far... But he wasn't all bad...as he made sure his soldiers knew that if they were away from their wives and captured women they were allowed to rape them. Really nice guy....then....God of course told him to wed a 6 year old girl but being the really nice guy he was, he waited till she was 9 to have sex with her...(Historical records tell us she hadn't reached puberty yet)

And that's why Islam is so backwards. Horrible religion. Christianity is not good either but Jesus's story is a lot, lot nicer. He never killed anyone, committed genocide or or raped anyone.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sativa
Many countries in Europe around the 11th century had age of consent around 10 years old. Why are you not making a fuss about that?

Source

Yes, as I was reading elsewhere.

Young girls marrying young at first menstrual was the norm, but it is only brought up in connection with Mohamned with intent to discredit Islam.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, my thoughts too!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

And that's why Islam is so backwards. Horrible religion. Christianity is not good either but Jesus's story is a lot, lot nicer. He never killed anyone, committed genocide or or raped anyone.

There is Myth Jesus, then there is the real man or men. He was no pacifist. (From what I've read)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

There is Myth Jesus, then there is the real man or men. He was no pacifist. (From what I've read)

Actually...he wasnt so much a pacifist that he would not defend himself or others if needed. People confuse turn the other cheek with not fighting at all. That is only for insults and non life threatening situations.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Actually...he wasnt so much a pacifist that he would not defend himself or others if needed. People confuse turn the other cheek with not fighting at all. That is only for insults and non life threatening situations.

Depends on what you read. There is history of a man (possibly combined men) that is far more realistic for that time period.

I personally do not believe in Myth Jesus -- at all.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I just gave you some life was hard it is common sense.

www.sciencedaily.com...

if you do not get enough food your growth is stunted, that is obvious, you cannot concentrate at school, this is today environment. If education is not courage at home kids usually fail at school, if your parents love music or play then kids follow or have an understanding.

"The study provides more evidence that genes alone do not shape our fate.

"The environment has a very strong hand in how we turn out," Kuzawa said. "And this study extends that idea to the realm of sex differences and male biology."

If you live in a harsh climate and society your mind and body will reflect that.

www.scientificamerican.com...

pediatrics.aappublications.org...

bmcpediatr.biomedcentral.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-5-2016 by mulberry4000 because: (no reason given)

By the way there is no access to records of people living at the time other than the hadiths of prophet Muhammad and they were collected over some 300 years, so if you want to accept them, well you cannot ignore them. They say Asyiah was 9, and mature, but however there are other sayings suggest she was allot older, but this only interpretation. Society at that time did not have a problem with it, nor did the enemies of Islam at that time have a problem with it. They never used aysiah's age to attack Muhammad until quite recently. say in the last 100 years.

The links say enviorment has a play in girl's maturity, they give possible reasons some modern some not so.

All of your links provided are modern cases and some are quite pseudoscientific. You've still failed to demonstrate how people 1500-3000+ years ago used to mature faster than we do today. None, nada, zilch. You know why? Because it is false.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ancient Man VS. Modern Man

There are many factors that go into what effects longevity such as diet, climate, whether a hunter or farmer to name a few.

One can see from the data below that things are rarely as clear-cut as purists would like them to be. For any period in time, there is good and there is bad.

7,000 to 5,000 B.C. ("Early Neolithic," i.e., agriculture first spreads widely: As diet becomes more agricultural, it also becomes more vegetarian in character--relatively much less meat at roughly 10% of the diet, and much more plant food, much of which was grain-based.) Male 33.6 Female 29.8

5,000 to 3,000 B.C. ("Late Neolithic," i.e., the transition is mostly complete.) Male 33.1 Female 29.2

3,000 to 2,000 B.C. ("Early Bronze" period) Male 33.6 Female 29.4

2,000 B.C. and following ("Middle People") Male 36.5 Female 31.4

Circa 1,450 B.C. ("Bronze Kings") Male 35.9 Female 36.1

1,450 to 1,150 B.C. ("Late Bronze") Male 39.6 Female 32.6

1,150 to 650 B.C. ("Early Iron") Male 39.0 Female 30.9

650 to 300 B.C. ("Classic") Male 44.1 Female 36.8

300 B.C. to 120 A.D. ("Hellenistic") Male 41.9 Female 38.0

120 to 600 A.D. ("Imperial Roman") Male 38.8 Female 34.2

Medieval Greece Male 37.7 Female 31.1

Byzantine Constantinople Male 46.2 Female 37.3

1400 to 1800 A.D. ("Baroque") Male 33.9 Female 28.5

1800 to 1920 A.D. ("Romantic") Male 40 Female 38

"Modern U.S. White" (1980-ish presumably) Male 71.0 Female 78.5

see Angel, Lawrence J. (1984) "Health as a crucial factor in the changes from hunting to developed farming in the eastern Mediterranean"

There some data on life spans(average ones now not the lucky ones who lived longer)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Lifespan and the start of puberty are different ok thx.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sativa

Source

HAD?

Um, those parliamentary chaps still do it.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

yup and thats all it is an excuse and a justification... many have no intrest in walking it... look at all the poor minions of belief while most those preaching it around the world live in multi million dollar tax haven homes or want too. Its an accepted sickness because theres a huge herd behind it that have made tat their purpose or part of it instead of choosing a purpose they want out of some tradition or duty to tow lines even if not benefical or just keep hate and separatism and extremism going and growing. With the whole gawds law triumphs over mans law business.

No it doesnt being a part of society with a space made for that belief if one so chooses it doesnt mean that is society or what society wants... if some gods law supercedes mans law... then why be corrupting politics with it to mess with the laws of man? Because they are not ethical in nature when done so they are made of a moral nature and turn into repression of all people under some make believe ideal, when ideals are wholly and empathically unattainable.

Its a huge excerise in futility that has gone on for 1000s of years... it doesnt work period. If it did work it would have already been done and over... but it doesnt so people are tired of being lorded over by unconstitutional laws of repression for a bunch of make belief nonsense that represses... even those loving it are repressed in it, cheating on sposes or molesting children because oh no premartital sex is a sin so they didnt sow their oats and get the curiosity out cause its nasty and evil and not natural... no thats what repression of peoples expression does... no experience of something very curious about when repressed leads to all sorts of dysfunction.

Thats why its a sickness and not a blessing on humanity... almost makes me want to pray it goes away so the world heals from such sickness of make believe that does noting but control people that dont believe or even do. Thats how ludacris it is...

There is someting that requires no belief... the indomiable human spirit when faced with such adversities like religion can go on without it, without limbs and still live on and inspire other real humans to progress and live and love and embrace life in all its forms without that moral judgment that does not of that unless you put your poker chip down under that burdenous label that also wants to use to to kill mame and torture because someone has a chip down on another superflurious label... thats historically the opposition or opposing team... but they dont care about souls salvation or none of that... its lust for power, control, and egotistical glory... built of the blood backs and donations of everyone believer or not.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Execuses and empty justifications. Isn't that what man, morality and God all have in common?

You're right. Religion is often very repressive. Religion is anti-evolution. Not the biological evolution, but the evolution of society. The evolution of mankind.

Religion's most useful purpose is like war. To divide and destroy. A psychological weapon of control.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Depends on what you read. There is history of a man (possibly combined men) that is far more realistic for that time period.

Neither do I...Myth Jesus is the creation of a story that changed and adapted over the years to be what people wanted. In other words a fable. But while I couldn't agree with you more about Jesus, and while Muhammad was well within the law at the time...this still goes on today among his followers. And today it is molestation and wrong (at least in our neck of the woods).

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Neither do I...Myth Jesus is the creation of a story that changed and adapted over the years to be what people wanted. In other words a fable. But while I couldn't agree with you more about Jesus, and while Muhammad was well within the law at the time...this still goes on today among his followers. And today it is molestation and wrong (at least in our neck of the woods).

You really think this only happens in the Islam culture today?

Its interesting that it was the norm at the time, almost everywhere. But, today its only brought up in relation to Mohammed. With intent to slam Islam.

As I've said - - it is important to know that Marriage and consummation of Marriage is 2 different things.

Women in religion, even Christianity (some sects) hold very little value except to pump out kids. Therefore a girl child is a burden that has to be fed - - until she becomes of age. You can't really just give a girl to a man, so he marries her. In custom she becomes part of the household in care of the other women and he is not allowed to touch her until she becomes a woman.

So again, you have to separate Marriage from consummating Marriage.

I know nothing about the religion, but as I've read - - - "hardline Islam" is kinda like "hardline" Fundamental Christianity - - - they make up their own rules.

I read that in "true" Islam a woman has the right to refuse the man when she becomes of age.

Will have to wait for Muslim's here on ATS to provide factual information.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Nor do I understand the "religion" but I'm not so sure they do either. I was shocked years ago when I made a comment to the extent of "why don't their religious leaders condemn them" and found out...there is no higher structure to Islam. There is no leader nor generals. I'm not even sure they can distinguish between the hardliners and the moderate. They (from my small experience) seem to all "believe" the same thing. The difference is that one side lives the belief while the moderates kind of ignore those less-than-nice beliefs.

But in the end, my opinion is that the root of the religion is the same. The moderate also believe we are infidels...they just don't decide to try to kill us.

And don't get me wrong...I completely understand that a white, male in the USA can't understand a Muslim male half way across the world. Their history, heritage and the rules there may seem alien and wrong to me, but unless I'm part of the group, I can't judge them by my experience.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join