It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors never offers a miracle, just a solution to your own illusion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

A man stepped into a doctors office and said;" Doctor i am sick, i think i got asthma.. No i am sure i have asthma, i looked it up online ".
The doctor made the all the tests and they came back declaring " - Nothing out of the ordinary - " The man, sure of his cause did not stop there. He saw another Doctor and the same answers came back declaring "- Nothing out of the ordinary -". The man went to different doctors all through the year, cause he knew his cause was true.. He believed he had asthma and on one day a doctor said ;" I believe you " And said to the man ;" Come back every third month and ill hand you a new set of drugs, but on one condition;" Write down what you do all day, eat, sleep, train and when you have an attack, write it down." The man did what he was asked

Did the man have asthma, no, he had a food allergy..
And the doctor just gave him sugar pills..

The man still thinks he has asthma, the doctor just gave him a solution to his own illusion..

edit on 12-5-2016 by PanPiper because: I had therefore to remove knowledge, in order to make room for belief - Immanuel Kant

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Its interesting how many sugar pills are subscribed to patients, hope they know their jobs
Its common knowledge Doctors make mistakes, how many one wonders

yourdoctors.online...

Medical error and misdiagnosis found to be the third leading cause of death in the U.S., behind Heart Disease and Cancer. If medical error and misdiagnosis are third cause of death in one of the most medically developed countries, imagine what is happening in the rest of the world?

Lets hope they know their jobs well, hey?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

In my studies i had to learn many things and doctors are not miracle workers, they are scholars .. The mistakes are just the same lack of experience.. Doctors have a tendency to be idealists and being sincere is not on their better judgement..

If a overweight person goes to a doctor and said;" I have a hard time breathing " Could the doctor say;" Well maybe its because your fat."

Doctors has so many patients during the year.. The majority are not sick.
edit on 12-5-2016 by PanPiper because: The belief that all genuine education comes about through experience does not mean that all experiences are genuinely or equally educative - John Dewey

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: PanPiper

Doctors has so many patients during the year.. The majority are not sick.

That's why health insurance costs so damn much.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper

And the doctor just gave him sugar pills..

The man still thinks he has asthma, the doctor just gave him a solution to his own illusion..

Thats why quack medicine is so prevalent. People keep insisting to real doctors they have this imaginary problem, and the Holistic or Homeopathic remedy is waiting right there in the wings (with disclaimers).

My sister in law has to drive long distances to get Homeopathic "remedies" and "treatments" for imaginary illnesses, real doctors refuse to see her anymore. She spends thousands on homeopathic medicine, which is … wait for it… water.

Quackery

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I got my hands on a old medicine book, over 500 recipes on northern hemisphere nature medicine, some good, some harmful but its written in " old alchemy " so Idiots cant use it.. Do i share? No.

Medicine before modern medicine, balanced the side effects to the treatment.. Modern medicine does the same.

The thing we are gifted with by nature is common sense, to few uses it..

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Most modern medicines come from some herb or mineral, not poopooing that. Older remedies before modern snake oil salesmen work.

Even Orangutans know this. They seek out over four hundred different types of vegetation…

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

citation required

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

citation required

I thought the link might be a better option than a citation

I don't think a citation was required

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

i would say somthing barbed - but actually review the sources given

PS - the leading cause of death = no medical treatment

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i would say somthing barbed - but actually review the sources given

PS - the leading cause of death = no medical treatment

So my source was a lie, what am I going to do?

Irrespective if it's in the top 3 or top ten, doctors are not miracle workers who help everyone, placebos or not

Kinda wonder why so many don't get medical treatment, cost prohibitive?

What's your source?
edit on 12-5-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Nice writing, what gets me is when doctors call their work practice. So is my Dr. practicing medicine on me?

new topics

top topics

join