It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay Gap Alert: Clinton Foundation Male Execs Earn 38% More Than Women

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Oh, so you agree it's a myth?

A myth, I don't know. It's not a topic I have really paid attention to. My point was that you said this:

Meanwhile you're a be!iever in the gender pay gap myth.

There was not a question mark on the end of that statement, so you were making a definitive statement. Being that I have never commented on this issue, ever, your statement was made out of ignorance and assumptions. That is dishonest and is indicative of a lack of integrity.

That's what I was getting at.

What point are you trying to make? That I sound like a conservative because I highlighted the fact that it is disingenuous to complain about "equal pay" in this case because these men and women are not hired to perform the same jobs?

It appears that the "conservatives" are the ones in this thread complaining and bashing Hillary, when I am the one pointing-out the error in doing so.

We're not comparing apples to apples here.
edit on 12-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: introvert

You guys do realize that these executives do not all perform the same jobs and their pay would not necessarily be equal. Also, this is an average based on 8 men and 3 women.

This sounds like the same argument I have heard conservatives make for years regarding the pay gap. I didn't realize you were a conservative.

It's commons sense. Not all jobs pay the same and some jobs compensate based on commission. The 'equal pay for equal work' simply would not apply in this cases. They are not doing the same job.

I am agreeing with you. It is common sense.

I hadn't seen you adopt it so readily in the past.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

You guys do realize that these executives do not all perform the same jobs and their pay would not necessarily be equal. Also, this is an average based on 8 men and 3 women.

This sounds like the same argument I have heard conservatives make for years regarding the pay gap. I didn't realize you were a conservative.

It's commons sense. Not all jobs pay the same and some jobs compensate based on commission. The 'equal pay for equal work' simply would not apply in this cases. They are not doing the same job.

I am agreeing with you. It is common sense.

I hadn't seen you adopt it so readily in the past.

I understand. Most people lack decent observations skills.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

unless credible evidence is presented that shows that the alledged " wage gap " is not a product of differences in :

qualifications

experience

responsibilities

then this thread is worthless [ no insult to the OP ]

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

A myth, I don't know. It's not a topic I have really paid attention to. My point was that you said this:

So no, you don't think it's a myth and I was right. Thanks.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Domo1

unless credible evidence is presented that shows that the alledged " wage gap " is not a product of differences in :

qualifications

experience

responsibilities

then this thread is worthless [ no insult to the OP ]

Yet somehow Clinton and her supporters ignore these questions when it relates to their insistence there is a gender pay gap.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

So no, you don't think it's a myth and I was right. Thanks.

I said I don't know.

You do know the difference between 'yes', 'no', and 'i don't know', right?

Children understand the difference, why don't you?

edit:

By the way, you have still failed to prove your assertion. You're not also a liar, are you?
edit on 12-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh my god CLASSIC !

I yelled "Al ! (Gore obviously)
Come here and read this thread !"
but apparently he's way out
past the swans in the eastern veranda
part of the house,and could not
hear the intercom.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join