It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher To Be Prosecuted For Calling Mohammed Child Molester

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Really?

Defending this teacher for saying that to her class?

And complaining it's PC stepping on her rights?

Here's the argument:

All cases of an adult having sexual relations with a nine year old is a case of child molestation.
Muhamed was an adult who had sexual relations with a nine year old.
Therefore, Muhamed is a child molester.

Which one of my premises isn't true? Because if both my premises are true, then he was a child molester.
edit on 12-5-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LostThePlot

NOPE.

We have enough fragments from the FIRST CENTURY to document that the Biblical text we have now is virtually identical with a very few extremely minor differences.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

edit on 12-5-2016 by LostThePlot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

What is all this race to be apologists for such a ruthless, satanic, abusive tribal moon god religion that had existed long before Muhammed was born?

And why is it so compulsively necessary to attack Christianity in doing so? It seems rather like a knee-jerk automatic response on the part of too many, imho.

More than a little curious.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

It is true what you say...
It reminds me of an old children's tale...
One day the wind told the Sun it was more powerful than the Sun...
The Sun chuckled and the wind took offense and demanded a contest to decide who was greater...
The Sun chuckled again but agreed without even hearing the terms of the contest...
The wind spotted a man walking on the beach in the late fall with a heavy jacket on...
The wind told the Sun "to prove I am more powerful I will make the man remove his jacket before you can"...
The Sun chuckled once more...
The wind filled with wrath by the Sun's disbelief blew hard upon the man but the harder he tried the tighter the man held his jacket...
As the wind paused in dismay to consider his strategy the Sun said "my turn to try" And smiled as he shone down upon the man warming him greatly as the wind held his breath in dismay...
The man feeling the warmth felt his jacket was of no use and removed it willingly...
Muhammad demands respect and belief...
Jesus leaves you to choose freely...

edit on 12-5-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I wonder if Jesus would call Muslims that today if he walked the Earth, or he'd try to befriend them and show them a better way?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You hit the nail on the head because Islamic values come more from Jewish ones and that is the problem because you are not allowed t criticise and certainly not tell the truth.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

NOPE.

We have enough fragments from the FIRST CENTURY to document that the Biblical text we have now is virtually identical with a very few extremely minor differences.

Just one example. There are many more.
skepticalteacher.wordpress.com...
I'm not Christian by the way.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

When Jesus comes back the mystery is over...
All will know who he is and not a knee will be left not bent...
But aside from those who had no opportunity to learn of him are not to be converted...
That's what the bible says anyway...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I wonder if Jesus would call Muslims that today if he walked the Earth, or he'd try to befriend them and show them a better way?

imho,

He would do both.

He was fiercest in His hostility against religious leaders that enslaved and abused the people.

He also told the people the plain truth 100% of the time He spoke to them.

AND He was infinitely loving--particularly to those hurting who sought His truth, healing, answers etc.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Do your own research.

The skeptics have been proven off the wall on such scores repeatedly.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

That's exactly what was being said only virgins apply for being raped.

Most people are ignorant about what the Torah actually teaches in relation to sex and especially the rights of priests over 3yr and 1 day old girls. It has remained a tightly kept secret until this and other Jewish texts were translated into English. It also explains a lot of Jewish history of being asked to leave other countries. To be fair though there is a group of men throughout the world who we all know are paedophiles and many are found within various religious circles.

The religious busy their noses in their own and also other peoples sex lives more than their spiritual lives.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Nearly 300 years ago Voltaire wrote a play called "Mahomet", about our good prophet. You think we might have come a long way since then, but clearly it has gotten worse.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

You post something like this and have the balls to constantly slam Trump, even using his stance on temporary admittance for Muslims.

This is the sort of thing Trump wants to TEMPORARILY halt muslim immigration for. Mohammed is a child molester, but we can't say that.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

This raises an interesting point.

Why are Moslems the only ones who take "God's words" literally?

Arent we told that all of the Books (OT and NT) are the words of God?

Who are we to disobey Him?

Your questions are very leading in they way they are asked but I think it has to do with intellectual integrity and or hypocrisy.

How or why does it make sense to criticize/"attack" one religion for their teachings/beliefs when all of the Abrahamic religions have so many similarities.

I dont know how much study youve done of the religious texts but in my (admittedly limited research), Ive found that some parts of the Koran are almost identical in wording to the Bible, especially the OT and even more so when it comes to punishment.

This is why its my personal belief that the Koran is (without offending anyone), a plagiarized version of the Bible but with some additions.

There are some websites that have compared the texts. The similarities are surprising.

a reply to: Vector99

I would say that they do or that they are.

Just one of many examples.

Take Leviticus 20:13. It says right there in no uncertain terms that the "crime" of homosexuality is a capital offense ie the death penalty.

Yet its only these Moslems (yes I realize not all of them but it still happens in some Moslem countries), that take this law literally.

Again, for whatever reason, its the only the Moslems who literally follow the "words of 'God'"?

I would argue that everyone else doesnt actually follow their respective faiths ("thank God" lol).

They/we pick and choose what to follow and what to ignore.

edit on 12-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Ya sure...
I am making no excuses for any sick individual who uses a guise of peace and a position of power to take advantage of and do great harm to any child...
Especially those who are under oaths of service to the Lord...
I'm sure they will pay dearly for their offenses...
Nor do I consider them worthy of being called holy men and I would cast them all into the same lot as Muhammad...
But I will not blame the Lord for any of their doings...
Nor will I believe you and your top secret teachings of the Torah...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: MysticPearl

Why are Moslems the only ones who take "God's words" literally?

They aren't, and that is the issue with ALL religions people spread. They call theirs correct and shun the others, not realizing there is just as many if not more that disagree with them, but THEIR god told them, in a book, written by man, to believe this. So they just do.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Crazy days we live in that simply speaking the truth can get you arrested. This PC culture is going to be the downfall of all modern civilization.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I think you and I have vastly different definitions of "fierce". I'm not sure turning over a few tables with some containers of money on them is up there with "fierce". I'd call the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae "fierce".

But he did call the Pharisees "fools" and "show offs" and that they were "in for trouble!" (from God I'm assuming). For some reason he really liked that one, as he kept repeating that phrase over and over.

Yeah, not really buying into this "fierce warrior Jesus" figure, despite how much I have seen it peddled around modern day America in the last few decades.

I think, (if anything) its a modern construct by fundamentalists to combat a perceived threat they feel they are under by "liberals" and atheists. Every group needs a hero, and if your hero doesn't use actual weapons then the words he used get turned into weapons. Makes logical sense in that context and perspective to me.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

It's another country with an entirely independent government.

If the people there don't like it, they can vote for people to change the laws. Austria has elected politicians like we do here. In fact, they have a "national council" of 183 elected officials that represent the people.

We might not agree with how they run their country, but its their country and no one is making you live there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join