It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher To Be Prosecuted For Calling Mohammed Child Molester

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Oh, you mean morals. I don't need a book telling me some guy in the sky is watching me to be a good person. Whether you believe it or not, people aren't just wild crazy animals. We are conscious, intelligent beings.

What you mentioned being "godly" is nothing more than common decency.

Since this is a thread about the indecencies of biblical figures, would you like to explain and make excuses for the old testament?

...Says the individual born and raised in the 20-21st centuries presumably in the west which has been shaped by Christianity for almost 2000 years.

So actually you do owe a majority of your morals and values to Christianity
as to what the world was like beforehand? Well, for one thing, those tribes surrounding the Israelites were pretty screwed up
edit on 13-5-2016 by Achilles92x because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Double post sorry
edit on 13-5-2016 by Achilles92x because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

In a way... that can be translated as "Kill all sinners, spare the innocent".

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Technically...we develop a conscience based on life experiences...nobody 'gives' us it.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
he married a 9 year old girl, the teacher has a point.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

How does someone know how old someone is when they didn't keep track of age or birth records?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Should be a very easy legal defense depending on what the law actually says. No prosecution case dismissed, just read the quran which says mohammed married a 6 year old and raped her at 9. Under Austrian law today that is criminal pedophilia or child molestation. Depends if you can be prosecuted for saying something which is true and if so not sure how the law is supposed to work. At worst it's probably not appropriate talk for a classroom depending on the age of the students.

Saudi's grand mufti Islamic scholar has said under Islamic, sharia, law there is no age limit for marriage of girls and says it says it in the quran and the prophet did it so it's fine. Of course in the west such behaviour is generally criminal, but not so under Islamic law in Islamic countries...

www.thecommentator.com...
edit on 13-5-2016 by JimTSpock because: link

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Achilles92x

No Christianity tried hard to keep the status quo of repression of women , gays and lesbians , and those that aren't white. Thankfully people fought against those old traditional "Christian values"

The israelistes were pretty screwed up as well. They apparently slaughtered all kinds in the name of Yahweh.

However the point is that
1. There is no proof Muhammad had sex with Aisha at nine. Some scholars say 12 some even older. That would make him no different than any Hebrew or Christian at that time period.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Riiiight. They had to throw in the "not known a man by lying with him" part which means "virgin". It reads like a spoils of war and conquest bit to me. A quite common mentality back in those times historically.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Achilles92x

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Oh, you mean morals. I don't need a book telling me some guy in the sky is watching me to be a good person. Whether you believe it or not, people aren't just wild crazy animals. We are conscious, intelligent beings.

What you mentioned being "godly" is nothing more than common decency.

Since this is a thread about the indecencies of biblical figures, would you like to explain and make excuses for the old testament?

...Says the individual born and raised in the 20-21st centuries presumably in the west which has been shaped by Christianity for almost 2000 years.

So actually you do owe a majority of your morals and values to Christianity
as to what the world was like beforehand? Well, for one thing, those tribes surrounding the Israelites were pretty screwed up

so when we discover isolated tribes that have morals we just accredit it to christianity?

of course, jesus stopped by and spread the good word.

NO

Humans in my opinion naturally have a tendency to do good, unless taught otherwise.
fun stuff

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yep, even higher mammals have a sense of "right" and "wrong". They know pain, loss, love and sadness. Being a "good" person is something we do because we want others to act the same way. It makes the survival of the species possible. Morals don't come from something you learn out of a book, they are hard-wired into our biology to ensure we don't kill one another off and die out from extinction.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I am a firm believer that there is a time that killing is necessary. Can't we all at least agree that murdering, terrorists that devalue women, kill gays and rape children, threaten the world, etc. need to be "corrected"?

If we as human beings can't admit that this is intolerable...we probably don't deserve much better ourselves.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Riiiight. They had to throw in the "not known a man by lying with him" part which means "virgin". It reads like a spoils of war and conquest bit to me. A quite common mentality back in those times historically.

Game of thrones comes to mind during the "sackings". No doubt things like this happened. Though, To be fair, how I read it was my own interpretation on it, while allowing real christian values to guide me, which is moral law. That is how I arrived at that interpretation.

When i read scriptures I try to look at then from a Natural law perspective. But not many do that, especially many Christians.

The problem is however, during my studies on history. I discovered that Christianity was actually lead by the catholic church who weren't Christians at all. Here I am speaking about the crusades. When I learned this truth I became angry because i felt deceived my whole life. (but then again anyone would).

Yea many Christians did horrible acts even before the king James was published. But a question to ask; were they alone? were they influenced by a hidden hand in the same manner society is being influenced today?

All these questions can be answered within this 10 hour documentary with pure historic facts. I guarantee you, after watching this, your perspective on things will change. It covers, the origins of the Jesuits, Illuminati, freemasonry, the origin of Islam, and compares them to biblical scriptures.

The reason I link this here is because Christianity is currently being persecuted by using their past. However, what if the past was not how we were told? Is it not the right thing to listen to the defensive argument when standing accused? If one perspective knows the whole story, would it not be wise to listen? The origins of Islam, should also be an eye opener to many people.

Its worth watching the whole series to the end, Only asking for your benefit of the doubt.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I don't know that we need to kill them...
We could round them all up confine them to camps for some good old brain washing...
Then why could we not just force feed them bacon and have women take turns berating them until they are whipped into shape?
While they are away from home we could use their oil supply to fund the process and still make plenty of money for ourselves...

Truth is you are probably right it would most likely take a massive culling of numbers to change this current situation...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Try common sense....it's not to hard to tell if a child is 6, 10 or 15..

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jon1
a reply to: Annee

Try common sense....it's not to hard to tell if a child is 6, 10 or 15..

Really?

Some countries start a child's age after they've lived a full year, not from birth.

How many girls do you know started their menzies at age 9?

One of the Hadith's said she had become a woman.

Can you prove that they even kept records of birth dates?

----------------------------------------

I'm a Feminist Atheist - - - I have zero interest in any religious practices.

But, I am not going to slam cultural practices from a thousand years ago - - - just so I can slam Islam.

edit on 13-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

How does someone know how old someone is when they didn't keep track of age or birth records?

How could anyone confuse a 9 yr old child for an adult woman?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

But, I am not going to slam cultural practices from a thousand years ago - - - just so I can slam Islam.

Yeah, best to save that for lower hanging fruit

Too bad Jesus didn't pick up a child prostitute.
edit on 13-5-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

How could anyone confuse a 9 yr old child for an adult woman?

Woman = first menstrual.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Yeah, best to save that for lower hanging fruit

Too bad Jesus didn't pick up a child prostitute.

Myth Jesus or the real man the myth was created around?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join