It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman auctioning off gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm thinking he needs to move to Florida, where, like O.J. and Ted Bundy, they will find a reason to provide him with free residence for life. Maybe even a free plot in a cemetery.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well, from what I understand, the Smithsonian has already approached him to purchase the weapon before, so...

Source? That's very interesting.

I read this on VICE this afternoon:

George Zimmerman, the Florida man who shot and killed black teenager Trayvon Martin in an incident that triggered nationwide civil rights protests, listed the gun he used in the incident for auction in order to raise money to challenge presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's gun control policies and the Black Lives Matter movement.

In another report about the same issue from a different news source they mentioned his intentions are to raise money to combat the violence of the BLM movement directed towards police officers.

That part seems like something ATS will want to discuss.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Well, it was from Zimmerman's listing of the firearm, but now there's this:

To add to the bizarre and controversial situation, Zimmerman apparently lied when he advertised the pistol by claiming the Smithsonian Institution was interested in “owning and displaying the firearm.”

The museum refuted the claim on its website and via Twitter.

Source

So, I guess he lied about it, but I'm suspect about the honesty of the Smithsonian a lot of the time, so who knows. Regardless, they hold more weight with the general public than Zimmerman, I'm sure, so that's probably the believed official story--they never wanted it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The guy is definitely a POS. I mean I wasn't there when he killed Trayvon so I don't know to what extent was self defense. But he should have just learned from his lesson when he won his case and disappeared from the limelight permanently. Instead, he pulled an OJ. Actually he one-upped OJ, sort of. Even if he was legitimately defending himself when he shot Trayvon the fact that he would sell the weapon he used just makes my stomach sick.

Since the gun actually did end up selling in a private auction, I think he has a responsibility to be transparent about what he made off of that deal. Especially since he has claimed that the proceeds will go to pro-police causes. I'd wager he's most likely going to live off the proceeds and donate a small fraction if any to charitable causes.

And to be honest, if I were head of a pro-police charity of some sort I don't think I would accept his donation knowing where the money came from and all.
edit on 5/19/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FullBloodedNative

thought about starting a new thread but decided to post on this one and the other one.

looks as if ol george got a pretty big chunk of change.

Zimmerman told The Daily Beast he plans to use the proceeds from the auction to counter the Black Lives Matter movement by making law enforcement officers affected by the movement "wealthy beyond their wildest imaginations."
George Zimmerman Says He Got $250K For Gun That Shot Trayvon Martin

wow 250k for a crappy kal-tec!

plus i love how he can't keep out of the news spotlight, it's like he is looking for ways to stay there.
"wealthy beyond their wildest imaginations.", i bet that just made cops and BLM folks love him even more.

250k! wow.

edit on 21-5-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 17th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join