And now my fellow peasants, a change of pace.. Australia is going to have an election. Apparently the knives haven't been sharpened enough for our
usual method of selecting a leader.
After years of back stabbing and back room deals being done to decide our leader.. the people again will have the vote.
In the left corner we have Malcolm Turnbull. A rich, self made guy who's air of royalty gets on the nose of colleagues.
In the right corner we have Bill Shorten. A desperate and corrupt union official who's only achievement is backstabbing his way to the opposition
It is a worrying election, because shorten is considered one of the key people behind the knifing of Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard. He's been involved
in corrupt Union hearings and always seems to slime his way out. He's the alternative no one wants, however the first week of campaigning hasn't
gone to plan to Mr Turnbull and now it appears the race is a 50/50 split.
Turnbull has been on the defensive over some stuff ups by colleagues and now his name has appeared in the Panama Papers Leak. Granted, not everything
in those papers is illegal but its a case of guilt by association and our Media will saturate the airwaves with ''Turnbull Corruption''
So it got me thinking, what would it take for one of them to get my vote. No, infact.. what would I want to change if i could... actually..
If I was Opposition Leader, what policies would i put forward that i genuinely think are best for Australia (and its whopping debt/deficit)
1. If you receive any form of benefit and are under 50yrs old you are required to take monthly drug tests. 3 strikes and you lose your benefits for
2. If your household earns income over $100,000.00 you are not eligable for Negative Gearing
3. If your company makes over $150 million dollars profit you must contribute 5% of your profit to a schools/hospitals fund ontop of tax paid
4. MP's pay rises will be dependant on them have a %51+ approval rating in their position
5. Nurses, Teachers and police will receive a payrise equal to that of the average MP's % pay rise
6. MP's will lose their travel entitlements once they leave office
7. Mining Companies will contribute 50c for every tonne of product poduced into a Schools/Hospitals fund
8. Oil and Gas Companies will contibute 20c for every tonne of product produced into a schools/hospitals fund
9. Smokers will be required to apply for a registration card. They must have private health insurance to obtain the licence. Cigerettes will be sold
in 1 sized packet for $40 flat rate. IT will be against the law to sell smokes to people without the registration card. Smokers will not be eligable
for public health
10. Banks that make over $2 billion in profit annually will be required to pay %50 of the $2 ATM fee into a Schools/Hospitals Fund
11. Anyone with an Offshore Shell Company / Bank Account will be required by law to disclose all of the information in their tax return. If the
owner/beneficary of the shell company is employed in Australia then they will be taxed according to the value of their assets stored offshore
12. All Drivers under the age of 25 will be required to take defensive driving courses as part of their drivers licence requirements
13. Violent attacks against women will be a minimum 1yr jail sentance unless in circumstances of self defense
14. Violent attacks against police will be a minimum 2yr jail sentance unless the officer was found to be acting against the law
15. Violent attacks while under the influence of Alcohol or drugs will be a minimum 1yr jail sentence (additional to the above 2 laws)
16. If you receive a beneift and a physically able you will be required to work for the government. (Building Roads, Cleaning the streets/Parks,
Assisting in nursing homes etc)
17. Employers will be required to interview/hire Australia & New Zealand Citizens before looking at 457 Visa holders
18. GST Will be increased to 12.5%
19. Marraige Equality for all Australians