It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election time in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
And now my fellow peasants, a change of pace.. Australia is going to have an election. Apparently the knives haven't been sharpened enough for our usual method of selecting a leader.

After years of back stabbing and back room deals being done to decide our leader.. the people again will have the vote.

In the left corner we have Malcolm Turnbull. A rich, self made guy who's air of royalty gets on the nose of colleagues.

In the right corner we have Bill Shorten. A desperate and corrupt union official who's only achievement is backstabbing his way to the opposition leadership.

It is a worrying election, because shorten is considered one of the key people behind the knifing of Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard. He's been involved in corrupt Union hearings and always seems to slime his way out. He's the alternative no one wants, however the first week of campaigning hasn't gone to plan to Mr Turnbull and now it appears the race is a 50/50 split.

Turnbull has been on the defensive over some stuff ups by colleagues and now his name has appeared in the Panama Papers Leak. Granted, not everything in those papers is illegal but its a case of guilt by association and our Media will saturate the airwaves with ''Turnbull Corruption''

So it got me thinking, what would it take for one of them to get my vote. No, infact.. what would I want to change if i could... actually..
If I was Opposition Leader, what policies would i put forward that i genuinely think are best for Australia (and its whopping debt/deficit)

1. If you receive any form of benefit and are under 50yrs old you are required to take monthly drug tests. 3 strikes and you lose your benefits for 6months.

2. If your household earns income over $100,000.00 you are not eligable for Negative Gearing

3. If your company makes over $150 million dollars profit you must contribute 5% of your profit to a schools/hospitals fund ontop of tax paid

4. MP's pay rises will be dependant on them have a %51+ approval rating in their position

5. Nurses, Teachers and police will receive a payrise equal to that of the average MP's % pay rise

6. MP's will lose their travel entitlements once they leave office

7. Mining Companies will contribute 50c for every tonne of product poduced into a Schools/Hospitals fund

8. Oil and Gas Companies will contibute 20c for every tonne of product produced into a schools/hospitals fund

9. Smokers will be required to apply for a registration card. They must have private health insurance to obtain the licence. Cigerettes will be sold in 1 sized packet for $40 flat rate. IT will be against the law to sell smokes to people without the registration card. Smokers will not be eligable for public health

10. Banks that make over $2 billion in profit annually will be required to pay %50 of the $2 ATM fee into a Schools/Hospitals Fund

11. Anyone with an Offshore Shell Company / Bank Account will be required by law to disclose all of the information in their tax return. If the owner/beneficary of the shell company is employed in Australia then they will be taxed according to the value of their assets stored offshore

12. All Drivers under the age of 25 will be required to take defensive driving courses as part of their drivers licence requirements

13. Violent attacks against women will be a minimum 1yr jail sentance unless in circumstances of self defense

14. Violent attacks against police will be a minimum 2yr jail sentance unless the officer was found to be acting against the law

15. Violent attacks while under the influence of Alcohol or drugs will be a minimum 1yr jail sentence (additional to the above 2 laws)

16. If you receive a beneift and a physically able you will be required to work for the government. (Building Roads, Cleaning the streets/Parks, Assisting in nursing homes etc)

17. Employers will be required to interview/hire Australia & New Zealand Citizens before looking at 457 Visa holders

18. GST Will be increased to 12.5%

19. Marraige Equality for all Australians

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So, you are a Liberal Voter. Good for you.

Same old, same old.

Sling mud around, see if it sticks.

Why do we need to increase taxes?

Perhaps if they spent the money wisely in the first place ....

P

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So the authoritarians are a worldwide affliction I see.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I've actually never voted in my life - why do i need to be a liberal?

I see Australians as the most selfish, greedy and whinging people around. Its about time they paid their fair share domestically.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I see Australians as the most selfish, greedy and whinging people around. Its about time they paid their fair share domestically.

This makes no sense at all.

P

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

This makes no sense at all.

P

It makes perfect sense, he is a a whinging selfish australian

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Australian politics are a joke until ASIO have been prosecuted for the Hilton Bombing.

You've clearly put a lot of thought into your list. I can agree with some of it.

Here's an alternative list.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

None of this is important or matters.

Labor and Liberal are just the two wings of the same bird of prey.

We the might elect the pilot but we sure as christ do not set the flight plan.

The Trans Pacific Partnership is now the official and visible government above government. No Australian Govt will ever pass a law without first getting permission of the TPP because if they dont and a big corporation thinks that law interferes with their operations, they can take the govt to their own private courts claiming restraint on trade, and who in all likelyhood will order the Australian Govt to cease and desist or, it may fine them whatever they think is a good thing.

Why is likely to be true? well, Former United States Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy under President Reagan Paul Craig Roberts, said every member of the US congress who voted for the legislation had a $136 million donation paid into their re-election campaign fund.

Cant imagine Australian politicians who voted to sign this document would have got that much but PCR suspected that politicians in other countries would have been paid similar but relative amount.

We can play all the musical chairs in Canberra we like people but the TPP is the real gov, anything else is just an administrative gov.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Add Pt Arthur to that list.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Why do we need to increase taxes?

P

All discussion about taxes revolves around the lie that tax money is the only money an Australian Govt has to spend. This is a critical argument at the best of times let alone at election time.

On another forum there is a discussion about an inquiry into banking.

The Australian govt can create money (credit) out of thin air just like banks can and they can do it using the exact same method banks use, ie a signature from a treasury official which kicks off the money creation process enabling govt to create all the money required in the economy. This can be done on an as and when basis.

It was the treasury that created the money in the US before the fed reserve came along and its the same in most countries.

Read a document called "The Remarkable Model Of The Commonwealth Bank Of Australia" Ellen Brown, August 4th, 2010
www.webofdebt.com...

Are you aware that it was your servant govt who gave the banks the right to control the creation of money but at the same time your servants did not reserve for you and I, through their legislative power, the right to do the same thing on our behalf. If they had, it's likely that you and I would be paying little or no tax at all today.

Why do I say the govt gave the banks the right to create money to the exclusion of govt? Well, because the commonwealth government is the supreme power in the country is it not?

The banks can't give themselves that power can they? .... can they?

Before someone goes on about govt cant be given control of money otherwise will have runaway inflation bla bla bla.

Govt prints about 5-10% of the money in circulation. The banks, through their ability to create money out thin air when they put money into an account your and my signature creates, creates 90-95% of all the money in circulation.

You also need to know that there are no laws in any country about how much or how little credit banks can create. Think about booms and busts i.e. 1929, here.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Hell yeah !!!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Since I'm not in Australia, I can't really follow Australian politics and what I do read is so Byzantine I can't make sense of it. Your statement to the effect that the two "parties" are essentially flip sides of the same coin does prompt my curiosity as to whether or not the "vote" really matters or not.

By that I mean.............are the Elites so firmly in control that they decide the outcome of the elections?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

One of them, Malcom Turnbull (Talkbull) use to work for Goldman Sachs, so i'm guessing he has been influenced by the elitists, he also got found out recently about having money in somewhere to do with the Panama papers.
In my mind they're all %$@*& !!

We can choose the left, or the right, but they both lead to the slaughterhouse.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I've actually never voted in my life - why do i need to be a liberal?

So you've never voted and yet you are so full of advice - hahaha

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I wish I could be blind and not see the nonsense that has over taken our political parties. Its not just Shorten and Turnbull.. but the likes of Scaffidi today in council raising a motion of no confidence against her deputy because he questioned her crimes!

Its pathetic, Shorten is a unionist pig and with our fragile economy it would be strike after strike for higher wages and make the private sector struggle.

Turnbull is a banking billionaire type.. the fraud investigation currently hitting our major banks about the crooked mortgages will be quietly swept under the rug.

Perth is in so much debt - we're in for a world of pain.. a 4 billion dollar deficit and 40 billion in debt for 1.8 million people...we're going to be hit with a volley of price increases.. local council rates, petrol excise, speeding fines, licencing, private health.. then we'll be introduced to toll roads on the freeway..

My advice.. my list.. is something i see that we need to happen to stop the rot.. then.. we can look at repairing it!
edit on 18/5/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

top topics

join