It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation: Coffee and Cigarettes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: CoBaZ
The topic. My friend is anything. What have you been doing all this day.

*Fiddle incessantly with the coffee*

Dealing with VA doctors, Yep Migraines proscribed nortriptyline, Yep Diabetes Meds Adjusted meformin and glipizine, Yep Muscle Relaxers for shoulder methocarbamol , Yep the little blue pill sildenafil citrate (at least wife may finally be happy but I do no know if just the biological function will respark my interest in the topic at hand even though it will make her happy)

That pretty much is how my day went hence why I can only enjoy this virtual coffee drink you offered instead of the real deal.

CoBaZ

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hey there! Thanks for that. I like to think Tom Waits may fit the mood of this cafe more though.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Oh well I am sorry to hear, but am happy to have you here! Friend, with me anyways, I am here for you and all your troubles and I mean this sincerely. I despise medicine. If it isn't needed I'd rather not expose my organism to it. Well. Have you heard that aliens made us? Yep. We're even tagged. This whole planet is.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The question are you talking about the Genetic tag on the tail end of the DNA, or are you talking the Little metal bugger that can be shorted out by forcing it into transmit overload?

As for pills If they can stop the pain and help get things under control again I welcome the use of knowledge.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I was thinking about the genetic one. Though now I feel I'm wrong and I can't absorb all this biology right now...another time I'll read into it! I was thinking either of the homeobox or the Hox gene. Now I think I may be wrong! Ah friend. The Mandela Effect is a curse. I kid friend, I kid.

Of course. If they are necessary then take them. I just don't like medicine for minor illnesses as colds.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hmm reading up on those I noticed HoxB and HoxD tend to have problems that go hand in hand, and hox A and C also have problems that tend to be concurrent... Neat thing is the number of chromosome pairs for those two sets totaled is 19 both ways 2/17 and 12/7, I wonder if that is a road map that maybe we may need to look at pair 19 a little closer....

funny thing is chromosome 19 has the highest gene density of all the 23, and is the one least mapped...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hmm. Must be further investigated, though the biology must not see me for it will kill me with its sophistication at this late hour and my poor tired head which must remain aware this entire night pondering American history. This coffee's gotten cold. Where's the pretty waitress. Ah, thank you.
*Smiles and gives tip*

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I've got a reply on life. My 15 year old step daughter is getting a mental evaluation for social issues and her biological father and step mother think that they have seen here twice in her life felt the need to call and tell us how we should raise our child. Anybody have a response to that because truthfully i have never met this man but I am thoroughly pissed off that he now thinks he has a say!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well muscle relaxer is kicking in maybe I may get sleep tonight... avoir.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tryingtomakeit
Hmm I can't say I have an answer, though I will ponder on it now. Glad to have you here. Will you take a seat?

They don't have a right to intervene so you have two options. Respond or don't. Responding may cause issues. I'm unaware of if there would be any custody issues. She is 15 already, but you know how people are. I'm sure you're a good parent, but I can't say much else with this little bit of info.

Well, maybe a right is the wrong word. But hopefully my meaning is apparent.
edit on 11-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Avoir friend. Be back for some more coffee and cigarettes.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Everyone present, I daresay there are seats for all, right across for me. The cafe has coffee, it's on me, and I have a few cartons of cigarettes and enough fluid to fill a water tower so please, sit with me. How is everyone? You know, I've met god once in a coffee shop, much like this one. No wait. It was a bar. Interesting fellow. Couldn't hold his liquor though.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Thank you, I hope it progresses, too! I am a musician. More specifically, I spend most of my time writing songs.

I have been working on a project for about 4 years. It is basically a concept album with a story that will start at track one and end (or will it?) at track twelve. It's a challenging project for me.

I rent a 10'x12' room in a rehearsal studio complex (as opposed to a commercial recording studio, which is what comes to mind for most people when they hear the word "studio"). It's a good situation where I rent, because there is a noise curfew from 10p-7a during which amplifiers and drumkits are forbidden, but unamplified acoustic instruments and voice are okay. Since I am with my 4 year old during the day and can rarely go to work before 10ish, it works out great for scheduling. Plus, since I mainly play acoustic music, I have a wonderfully quiet space in which I can focus and work.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial
I like writing. I'm not sure if you've seen the videos of Tom Waits I've posted in this here thread. But I've tried writing in his style. I could share with you if you'd like. Nothing special. Hell, might not be good, but I gave it a few shots.

What sort of music do you play? Or make? You should share some of your music. I'm sure the folk here would like to hear it!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

If you feel inclined to check out a couple of my more recent demos, feel free to check these out:

soundcloud.com...

soundcloud.com...

I'm doing this from my phone, and I'm quite new around here, so I'm not sure I'd those will be linked properly. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused by my inexperience.

I have heard numerous times about the Coffee and Cigarettes video, but have never checked them out. I probably will by the end of the evening!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I will check those shortly. Hmm, well no I meant the songs! Though yes you should certainly check the videos. In fact I suggest you watch the film!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Just listened to them! They sound interesting! How far through are you with the project?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Just watched that first one with Iggy and Tom. Brilliant and very funny, to me. Oh, please do share your stuff. I'd love to listen.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Oh I just write. I don't sing or play. I just write. Do you want to read? I'll link to the threads. Well, if you'd like here are the ones I tried to do in the style of Tom Waits(I linked two of his songs earlier). I'm not sure I succeeded and I have no chorus. But maybe you'll like it.

Just have the four. Nothing long. Just written. I'll just share these three. Fourth one is crummy. They might all be for that matter. But that one most of all

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You should watch the film, Coffee and Cigarettes,
edit on 12-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join