It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Impossible Kid - Aesop Rock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This album really blew my mind.
Rings is a fricken masterpiece, but I already knew that before - he shared that track a while ago.
Mystery Fish or Water Tower are plain fun, but then there is this:

Holy moly, thats pretty deep! Amazingly beautiful.

What the F? Wow, just wow! Loss of words included. I'm in desperate need for a new whole advent calendar right now...
Growing strong there in that barn, Captain Sideways Future Bavitz?

Special thanks to Kandinsky for the reminder. I kinda slept through the release and intent on making it up with open advertisement and hardcore listening with even more open ears.

Must not sleep, must warn others (again)!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I totally agree. Aesop Rock is one of the most talented artists in hip hop history. Blood Sandwich really hit close too home for me. In a good nostalgic type of way. Like blurry eyed thinking about when me and my brother were little. Every Aesop Album is awesome.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I've been listening to labor days & a song or two off float a lot lately. I'm very particular about music, usually only finding 1-3 songs on an album I can listen to at all then I only listen to it for weeks on end.

The iTunes samples of his newer stuff didn't really strike me, I'm gonna check out the vids you posted & see how I feel. I am desperate for new music.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: StookieWilliams
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I totally agree. Aesop Rock is one of the most talented artists in hip hop history. Blood Sandwich really hit close too home for me. In a good nostalgic type of way. Like blurry eyed thinking about when me and my brother were little. Every Aesop Album is awesome.

This guy ... 'cause what he said!
Funny thing is, I feel like his and your brother right now while having another Blood Sandwich. Thanks, mate!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

Great albums, good choice. Me thinks you don't really need new stuff and looking at your avatar I'd suggest you get out of the car for a while.

Just kiddin, all puns intended. I hope you like what you hear, have a great time!

new topics

top topics

join