It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benefits of the traveller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Salutations and greetings to whomever you are. I sincerely hope you are having an excellent day and I offer you my gratitude for offering me your eyes for a while.

I am talking to you today because I just got home after a nights out with a very old friend of mine who's been backpacking around the Asian continent for about the last year, and feel the need to share a little happiness on this otherwise gloomy site.
He started on this trip after I had talked him into doing so. About ten years ago I did the same thing and have never regretted a single penny spent out of my pocket while doing so.

The actual reason he started on this journey was rather simple, he had lost faith in the kindness and the good hearts of people. He had gotten to a place where he just could not see any good in mankind anymore, digesting a couple of newspapers a day and trying to stay in tune with all the news he could get his hands on, he was burning out before our very eyes.

I've known him for over 20 years now and have always admired the man. He's a very hard worker, a straight shooter and will never shy away from telling anyone his opinion. He's the kind of guy I would stick my hand in a fire for and be confident in the knowledge that he would do the exact same for me. He's always been a cheerfull fellow for as long as I've known him, safe for the last couple of years, previous to the last.
I'm extremely happy to tell you that after seeing him in person again at tonights festivities I can fully deduct that he is back to his old self, and more. His faith in humanity is totally restored and boosted up to peak levels, just as mine was ten years ago. He has a myriad of stories to tell about how kind and generous normal everyday folk are just about wherever he put his backpack down. There are ofcourse the couple of obligatory scary tales too, but those make for a good laugh and a spicy story to tell around the campfire.

The point I'm trying to make in this little post here is also very simple.
If you're burning out or are in a general state of faithlessnes in humankind, go travel.... Pick up your backpack or go get one, stick it full of stuff you probably won't need and get going. Not much money needed at all, just take your guts and wits with you and a whole new world will open up again.

As a man I've known all my life used to say, "Don't afraid on the rooftops!"

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Inspirational. Truly.

The media would have you believe that negativity runs rampant. That evil is pervasive. It is not.

Good people still outweigh the bad, and we should not lose faith. Starred and flagged.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Balans

Or start small, go outside and enjoy your day.
Experience reality not just "stories", be it news, websites, TV or whatever, real and first hand.
You know for the low, low budget happiness.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAllTheSame

So true, and thank you.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Also very true, It's the little things that matter, a lot of us seem to forget that while absorbing all the bad.

new topics

top topics

join