It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie Night...I am stoked...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I finally broke down and ordered the complete set of Lord of the Rings Extended version on Blu Ray...

Had it since release on regular DVD, but one of the discs has gone missing and it was just time to upgrade..

Hours and hours of Hi Def Blu Ray fun!!!!

LOL I am actually looking forward to seeing it again... it has been a while!

$43 bucks on Ebay is the going price... cheaper than Wallie World...
edit on R432016-05-11T19:43:20-05:00k435Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Enjoy!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

My son and I went Trilogy Tuesday back in the day....... all day in the theater. Fun times! I still have that memento with a clip of each of the three films in it somewhere.

edit on R582016-05-11T19:58:06-05:00k585Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I waited to watch them back to back. Took me all day, 2 bowls of popcorn, 3 boxes of raisinettes, 1 serious Big Gulp Mtn Dew later....

It was just me and my 12 other personalities

I am still sad that series is over. I'll likely wait another decade and, at my age, they'll be new again.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Go "Day of Pain" Style.

That's when you see how long you can hold out before the bathroom break.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I have yet to get a Blu Ray player, so I envy you. I mostly watch movies for free online these days, and sometimes pick up an old film I love from a bargain bin when I find them (DVD's I mean.) Someday it would be nice to get films like the Lord of the Rings trilogy, sit back and enjoy on high definition. I have seen some HD TV channels and they are pretty amazing. I am not a sports fan but I can watch a game of baseball on HD because I feel like I am right there, in the stands.

Have fun with your movie night

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Nothing better than binge watching an entire movie series from start to finish (especially on a big screen tv in hi-def)... jump into a comfy pair of jammies, make a big batch of various munchies, curl up in a blankey and have at it for 6 to 12+ hours !

It's definitely my favourite way to spend a Friday or Saturday night.

Here's the crazy long list of DVD/Blu-Ray movie box sets that we've collected over the years that we like to binge watch on rainy weekends:

- Lord of the Rings
- The Hobbit
- The Godfather
- Alien
- Jason Bourne
- Star Wars
- Men in Black
- Ocean's Eleven
- Riddick
- Terminator
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- X-Men
- Iron Man
- Underworld
- Indiana Jones
- The Mummy

Yeah... we're movie-holics.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Finished the movies...

That's an impressive set of movie series....

The only ones I have now besides LOTR are the 6 Star Trek movies w/ Kirk & Spock.

edit on R052016-05-14T13:05:55-05:00k055Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

top topics

join