It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Can you positively identify this singer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Do you recognize this singer? I don't. But there's $20 on the line for me if I can figure it out.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I believe that is legendary blues accordionist Rufus "Swollen Roids" O'malley-Schwartzmankopf.

His talents were never truly appreciated. Only one of his singles got any airplay; "The Polka Blues" was rumored to have been aired on The Doctor Demento Show once... this has never been confirmed.

Tragic.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I believe that is legendary blues accordionist Rufus "Swollen Roids" O'malley-Schwartzmankopf.

His talents were never truly appreciated. Only one of his singles got any airplay; "The Polka Blues" was rumored to have been aired on The Doctor Demento Show once... this has never been confirmed.

Tragic.

Can you find a picture of "swollen roids" for comparison?
edit on 5/11/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Tragic.

Can you find another picture of "swollen roids" for comparison?

That's against T and C...

He got the nick-name from his family... he would play his accordion late at night, which made him a real pain in the arse... unfortunately they don't make a cream that will cure accordion music... or mimes, for that matter.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Tragic.

He got the nick-name from his family... he would play his accordion late at night, which made him a real pain in the arse... unfortunately they don't make a cream that will cure accordion music... or mimes, for that matter.

Jesus Christ I havent had a laugh like that since I cant remember. I really needed that. I have been having some really rough times as of late.

Im going to read this thread again to get another laugh. Then flag, and set a reminder for next week to reread again for another.

Thanks Madmac. By the way my nickname was Little Mac as a child, just figured I would mention that for some reason.

ETA my previous post was totally sincere I really set myself up to that one

edit on 5/11/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Tragic.

Jesus Christ I havent had a laugh like that since I cant remember. I really needed that. I have been having some really rough times as of late.

Im going to read this thread again to get another laugh. Then flag, and set a reminder for next week to reread again for another.

Thanks Madmac. By the way my nickname was Little Mac as a child, just figured I would mention that for some reason.

Yeah, I heard that once in a meeting with his record label, he asked that a doughnut be placed on his chair... the network staff seemed puzzled, however they know Hollywood types, so they complied with the request.

Ol' Roids sat at his appointed place at the table, and smashed a jelly doughnut under his backside in the process. In his own words "not at all comfortable, but tasty as hell after 20 minutes of warming on my chair"

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Tragic.

Yeah, I heard that once in a meeting with his record label, he asked that a doughnut be placed on his chair... the network staff seemed puzzled, however they know Hollywood types, so they complied with the request.

Ol' Roids sat at his appointed place at the table, and smashed a jelly doughnut under his backside in the process. In his own words "not at all comfortable, but tasty as hell after 20 minutes of warming on my chair"

Herbie Hancock jammed a jelly doughnut into into the floppy drive of his Fairlight CMI sampling keyboard back in the '90's.

top topics

join