It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About That Canadian Teenager Finding A Lost Mayan City

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onesmartdog
Can I pose a question?
Could the Nazca lines be a reflection of said constellations from the Mayan culture, or other cultures who have their own constellation chart?

That's a different culture and from an area very distant (800 miles or more) to them. They had no great love for other cultures; there's no reason why they would become so overwhelmingly fascinated with the Maya that they adopt their constellations...but nothing else.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: Byrd

And why on earth would scientists get involved, to humour him? It also claims his discovery would be disseminated in a scientific journal. Was the main source just making things up or what?

Did you read what the "main source" said?

Analyses from satellites in different space agencies have revealed that there was indeed a pyramid and thirty buildings at the precise location identified by the young man.

So, yes, the main source is making things up.

Harte

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Did you read what the "main source" said? Analyses from satellites in different space agencies have revealed that there was indeed a pyramid and thirty buildings at the precise location identified by the young man. So, yes, the main source is making things up.

It would seem that way, either way it's bad reporting, but bear in mind it was also poorly translated. The way I understood it was that the satellite images had revealed the foundations of what was thought to be a pyramid and thirty buildings. I mean if there was an actual pyramid there you'd think someone might have stumbled on it already.

As it is the area is thought to be nothing much, but it would be interesting to see the results of a GPR or LiDAR survey.

edit on 16-5-2016 by surfer_soul because: formatting

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join