It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced the trumpet sound and pressed record

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation
I think we have coop that over time the earth changes, by forces of nature its the only thing we know for sure , and the most rational things to grasp.

I don't want to go to sleep at night thinking that the whole sky "imaginably " filled with mother ships communicating to start Armageddon for full showdown , nah that's for writing a good novel..

I tend to leave this behind me as soon as its out of the front page..

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: TheBulk

a reply to: defiythelie
Maybe you should hear my first recording, if you think I'm hoaxed this thing..

Don't mind my language only focus on the background. .

first recording

Well let me know what you think now?

Well not to be rude but that recording just sounds like the recording from the OP with a voice over top of it. I can still hear the same exact sound of children in background and 2 of the click/pops from the OP recording are also found in this recording at the same spot.

Again here is the spectrum view with the waveform stack on top of it from this recording in your reply to me.

The purple arrow shows the same high frequency spikes being the same in the OP recording. The green arrows show two of the three pops/clicks found in the OP recording. Blue arrow showing the same reverb tail as was also found in the Op recording. The spots where the waveform are the largest the yellow/red waves can be seen are your voice.

Again I will post the spectrum view of the recording from the OP so everyone can compare.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

Um, Its schizoaffective.

ug, so im crazy? I have intelligent beings, some who claim there human, others cannot explain themselves at all. but they can tell me where i left my keys sometimes when i lose them. but ok..im CRAzY i guess.

at least im trying to be scientific about the possibilities.

I bet if you said you heard the noise come out of a Reptiles a// it would be taken seriously

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

That's what I mean... it doesn't matter , the only thing that matters is that I know , what I've heard and those who know as I know .

The click you probably hear is because I had to convert a what's up recording, that uses their own format to mp3..

I'm not here to convince I'm here to tell..

Because they Are, and I Am,

edit on 0b57America/ChicagoSat, 14 May 2016 09:15:57 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 14 May 2016 09:15:57 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That's what I mean... it doesn't matter , the only thing that matters is that I know , what I've heard and those who know as I know .

The click you probably hear is because I had to convert a what's up recording, that uses their own format to mp3..

I'm not here to convince I'm here to tell..

Because they Are, and I Am,

Very interesting point! You know just like I know. I found the most disturbing part of my experience is that even though I was surrounded by over 50 other people in close proximity, only 2 of us heard it.

We both ducked and looked around, caught each other's eyes. I'll never forget the look on his face,

I shrugged my shoulders to blow it off - but will never forget it!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

We hear because we are aware of the world around us..

And sometimes I think they know..but don't know who they are, I discovered something about myself , I will soon write a story about that, it's speculative and more or less a research for myself, and has no scientific backup whatsoever..

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

a reply to: TheBulk

Maybe you should hear my first recording, if you think I'm hoaxed this thing..

Don't mind my language only focus on the background. .

first recording

Well let me know what you think now?

Well not to be rude but that recording just sounds like the recording from the OP with a voice over top of it. I can still hear the same exact sound of children in background and 2 of the click/pops from the OP recording are also found in this recording at the same spot.

Again here is the spectrum view with the waveform stack on top of it from this recording in your reply to me.

The purple arrow shows the same high frequency spikes being the same in the OP recording. The green arrows show two of the three pops/clicks found in the OP recording. Blue arrow showing the same reverb tail as was also found in the Op recording. The spots where the waveform are the largest the yellow/red waves can be seen are your voice.

Again I will post the spectrum view of the recording from the OP so everyone can compare.

And just to show how easy this is here is a fake hum in the rain I created. I took your trumpet/hum, spliced out the growl at the beginning as well as the screech at the end, EQ'ed the children out of the the sound, changed the pitch a bit because the EQing truly made it a very low frequency, took one small snip of the hum and looped it, changed speed a very small bit every time it looped back and add a rain track. I then played it through my PC speakers and recorded with the voice record app on my phone, emailed to it to myself then touched it up a bit in FL studios.

SoundCloud link here

Just for the hell of it here is the spectrum view of this fake hum I made again with waveform shown on top of spectrum view.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: KTemplar

We hear because we are aware of the world around us..

And sometimes I think they know..but don't know who they are, I discovered something about myself , I will soon write a story about that, it's speculative and more or less a research for myself, and has no scientific backup whatsoever..

Would love to read your observations

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I would have thought these sounds were fake had I not heard it myself. These sounds are not a hoax. On Feb. 21, 2013 just outside Washington, D.C. my wife and I heard the creepiest sound either of us had ever experienced. It sounded much like this recording only it came across with much more of an 'intent' to send a message. I'm no Bible thumper, but the best I can describe it is the sound was what you might expect to hear if God appeared in the sky with the four horsemen heralding his arrival on massive trumpets larger than aircraft carriers. The sound appeared to be coming from all over the sky with no specific direction. It penetrated deeply to your soul. It was truly a freaky experience. We heard it again two days later, almost identical to the first time. It lasted for minutes. We walked around outside trying to discern a direction, but never could. I believe the hundreds of people who've reported these sounds are not hoaxers. It appears this phenomenon began in January of 2013 with most reports in the Jan/Feb time frame and continued for the entire year of 2013. Since then it seems the reports subsided a bit but continued to this day. This phenomenon is very real. The amount of power generating these sounds has to be enormous.

We are fairly old and have lived all over the world. These sounds are definitely not what anyone would describe as a 'hum'. We've never heard anything even remotely resembling these sounds; not on a recording and not live. Trust me, if and when you hear it -- it will blow your mind. Creepy stuff.

ETA
To be clear. The sound we heard only slightly resembles the recording at the 12 to 15 second mark in the OP. What we heard sounded much more a repetitive trumpet changing pitch as it heralding some event. Judging from the OP description and the partial sound clip I am pretty sure he experienced a very similar phenomenon to what we experienced. The recording could NEVER do justice to these sounds. It is the immense power emanating from all directions which makes this most remarkable.

edit on 15-5-2016 by ArJunaBug because: Added comment

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I have followed the "hum" story for decades. I also heard the sounds you describe quite similar to your recording. What you and I heard is not the hum that others have described, particularly in Taos, NM. I know you did not capture the entire event, but your description indicates much more than a simple hum. Your trumpet analogy is exactly what my wife I used to describe it. Prior to 2013 I had never heard the 'hum' described as a trumpet sound. This is surely something different.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

The sounds are acoustic gravity waves... caused by the fracturing and tearing of the earth's crust, hence, the increase in earthquakes, volcanoes, sinkholes, methane release.

Here's a quote from a previous thread I wrote

One of the main theories that actually received some press attention was that the noises were a result of acoustic gravity waves. A Russian geophysicist by the name of Elchin Khalilov explained these sounds as being caused by high energy processes.

From Professor Elchin Khalilov

We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.

This is the most plausible explanation I have heard, but the trumpet sounds we heard surely contained frequencies above 1000 Hz, and probably as much as 2 KHz.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You all do realize these "trumpet" sounds are due to the decreasing electromagnetic field, right? Serious business folks

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Do tell how a magnetic field produces this sound when decreasing.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Could be , I would love to see some research with facts , that really would help this thread. .

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So I do audio engineering too and completely agree with you on those observations of this particular sound recording. What bugs me, however, is that "the hum" keeps waking me up at night. Just as someone else observed it seems to start around 1 am and go til around six. I hear it maybe once or twice a week... It kinda reminds me of a binaural beat frequency emanating from the sky. Maybe I can get a recording of it next time? If I do I'll put it up on this thread for you to rip it to shreds with your audio analysis skills. I was very skeptical about this whole phenomenon too until I started hearing it two or three months ago.
Sorry if I violated any ats protocol with this post. Ive been around the site a long time but have not really posted more than once or twice before this. If I have please tell me how to remedy my post to stay with protocol.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: inanis
So I do audio engineering too and completely agree with you on those observations of this particular sound recording. What bugs me, however, is that "the hum" keeps waking me up at night. Just as someone else observed it seems to start around 1 am and go til around six. I hear it maybe once or twice a week... It kinda reminds me of a binaural beat frequency emanating from the sky. Maybe I can get a recording of it next time? If I do I'll put it up on this thread for you to rip it to shreds with your audio analysis skills. I was very skeptical about this whole phenomenon too until I started hearing it two or three months ago.
Sorry if I violated any ats protocol with this post. Ive been around the site a long time but have not really posted more than once or twice before this. If I have please tell me how to remedy my post to stay with protocol.

Any chance you live a few miles away from some railroad tracks? I only ask because there is a set of tracks about 5 miles away from me that has siding tracks ( a set of railway a train can pull over on to let an on coming train pass) and has a bluff along one side. Anyways when a train pulls over on to this track and stops and waits for an on coming train you can hear the "hum" of the idling train engines for miles. Strangely you only here this at night time.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yeah I do live by railroad tracks. I'm pretty used to the sounds the trains make at this point but this is pretty different than any sounds I've heard them making before around here. It's really reminiscent of a binaural beat recording, to the point where I sometimes wonder if it IS a binaural beat being played out of speakers nearby, although I have no clue why someone would do this. Although it is fairly likely that it is the result of machinery of some sort since I live in "the industrial" side of town. Just find it odd that I'd never heard it before this despite almost always being awake at those hours. *shrugs* Maybe they added, or just began utilizing, a sliding track nearby that wasn't in use before this started.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I'm going to second this suggestion, except I'm going to add that I've heard it during the daytime too.

Recently my family and I have been having episodes where we suddenly start hearing the hum (it's a really mechanical hum though, like in the recording) and we all start plastering ourselves to every wall in our house like a bunch of wackadoo's trying to figure out where it's coming from...

I think it has to do with the train station nearby. Would it explain the map sightings covering areas where there are train tracks?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Im not sure where i stand on this whole phenomenon, im not discounting the OP's evidence, but its so easy to fake that kind of stuff. Ive never personally experienced anything like that, but ive had my fair share of strange things happen to me...
edit on 21-5-2016 by SilentBob86 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentBob86
Im not sure where i stand on this whole phenomenon, im not discounting the OP's evidence, but its so easy to fake that kind of stuff. Ive never personally experienced anything like that, but ive had my fair share of strange things happen to me...
so share Bob

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join