It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced the trumpet sound and pressed record

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There are some glaring problems with this sound recording. First off you said your phone died so you only got these few seconds of the sound recorded. The problem there is that the sound ends before the recording so much so that I can hear you breathe out at the end. Then there is a click/pop sound at the end of the recording. These pops usually occur when a segment of the clip is deleted but the person doing the deleting did not use a fadeout tool at the end of the sound clip to make sure the waveform crossed over the dB zero point. These pops can also be made by bumping/ tapping or just moving the recording device. Now the first glaring flaw in this sound clip has evidence showing that a reverb effect was added to it. The second glaring flaw is how uniform the sound is even with a variety of different pitched sounds in the recording.

If you look at this, you can see the waveform stacked on top of a spectrum view of the recording.

The yellow arrows point out very high frequency spikes in the recording which could be artifacts from splicing the recording.

The Green arrows point out three different times there where clicks/pops in the recording which also can be from splicing but I think all are from just holding the phone and moving your hand a bit with the last one at the end being the loudest suggests that you where hitting the stop record button.

The blue arrow shows the reverb tail of the last click/pop sound.

Now if the last click/ pop sound was from not zeroing the end of the wave form to dB zero point or from hitting the stop record button it would be the very ending of the recording and there would be no tail after. Again this means that a reverb effect was add to the recording after it was recorded not during. If the phone just died there is also no way there would be any reverb tail even if there was some natural reverb from the environment, the click/pop would of been the exact end of the recording.

The number one thing that tells me this is fake however is how flat the top of spectrum view is, with no spikes representing the sound of kids in the background. With it being this way it means that the microphone was so close to the source of the sound that it was maxing out the microphones dB level. Meaning if this sound was coming from the sky it would have to be so loud that everyone with in several miles would of heard it. Some my say that the sound clip could of just been amplified but if that was the case then the kids voices still would of created a spike in the spectrum viewer.

For an example of what the kids voices should of looked like if the recording was unedited, circled in green. Also note how the top of spectrum view (red/yellow/blue colored bits) is not completely flat on its top and that it has a fading out gradient in the colors.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I listened to some these on youtube, and yours here of course. Not sure it is something I want to experience. It's sounds foreboding. I might freak out!

eeeeks!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: TheBulk

No way, I have heard sounds like that too here in Santa Monica!
And this refutes my point how?

Have you listened to the shriek of ireland?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
From what I understand people that point in their infrared cameras toward the sky when they heard that sound I saw huge ships hovering over their towns. But I just heard it I haven't seen that for myself.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

Okay right great research of my recording , I'm definitely not faking this up.. I'm not that guy seeking attention I'm here all for the truth .. I can send and upload my other recording where you can hear me shout through the recording with the background humming noise. .

suggests that you where hitting the stop record button.

Yes you push record in what's app and when you want to stop you put your finger off the record button..

If someone really doubt my recording I will put up the other one as reference. .

I've have experienced many unatural phenomena, never really know why I'm the one seeing or hearing these things, but I've always had the time to record or film the incidents at location .

Somehow I know what it is but I'm not the one who is allowed to speak out my own theories because I'm not qualified by scientific standards. .

But I do not or will not mislead people from the truth , I rather dying for the truth then lie to earn money or whatever profit it could lead to ..

So no fakery here , but I don't mind your accusation either

edit on 0b07America/ChicagoFri, 13 May 2016 05:03:07 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 13 May 2016 05:03:07 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

a reply to: defiythelie
Maybe you should hear my first recording, if you think I'm hoaxed this thing..

Don't mind my language only focus on the background. .

first recording

Well let me know what you think now?
edit on 0b23America/ChicagoFri, 13 May 2016 08:50:23 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 13 May 2016 08:50:23 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 0b51America/ChicagoFri, 13 May 2016 09:00:51 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 13 May 2016 09:00:51 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I heard one in the middle of the night today!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I only have witnessed this for the first time, the sound I mean.. but I also had many strange UFO encounters and two of them are on YouTube.

I only have one on raw tape never digitized to my computer .

It shows a very small black drone like ufo .
The moment I was filming the sky this black object flew overhead so fast . But somehow I followed this thing with my camera, as if it wanted me to see it .

I also made a woosh sound as if I was playing with little toy airplanes.

I never noticed me doing that after I played the video..

But the frame rate was to low to actually see the drone like ufo good enough , and many would stamp this as birds or bees or insects or me throwing a ball maybe.. it's to damn difficult to convince the ones who don't want to be convinced, I do this for those who understand this by their own experience.

It was eleven years ago but I never showed it to anyone.
edit on 0b59America/ChicagoFri, 13 May 2016 09:04:59 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 13 May 2016 09:04:59 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The recording in the OP is not the Hum.
The Hum is different, much more subtle in audible sound, more a vibration you can feel.

But whatever you experienced there was strange.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Last year I saw 3 glowing objects over the Ocean, they took off so fast I could not believe my eyes. I know what you mean. There is some amazing craft in our sky's!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

It had a pulsating sound to it and started with a low tone , there is a military base nearby , helicopters are flying in once and awhile?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

We tried to find the source in Holland, drving around like a set of loonies but nope. The sounds were so frequent and scary yet beautiful at the same time...WOW. Havent heard them in Curacao yet

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Here is one.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lykantroph11

If you hear it ,you know it's not from around, I knew looking somehow would be a waste of time

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, it's been a while since I thought about this. I've heard it before too, late one night in winter as I was trying to fall asleep. It started quite suddenly and grew so loud, it lasted a good hour. I was actually terrified, frozen in fear, it sounded so bizarre I thought my world was ending :p (I know, I know..) This event is actually what led me to ATS however, as after hearing that I immediately started researching what in the world it could possibly be.

But I live in the countryside with hardly any people, there's never any noise at night here, besides coyotes, bullfrogs and the occasional fox. So it really blew my mind at the time, as I had never heard of this phenomenon before. It still does - it was unlike anything I had ever experienced. Truly chilling.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

So there are two different sounds? The Hum and The Trumpets?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yeah I know, It seems like it comes from the sky. we just had a hard time believing that at that point in time a few years ago. Dunno what it means but its amazing

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lykantroph11

I have heard both!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Curious if during the same time, Citizen Band or Ham radio operators experienced an extraordinary amount of 'Skip'....... That phenomenon where the radio waves travel much, much farther than usual. In much the same way, are these sounds experiencing the same acoustic anomalies ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join