It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before The Beginning There Was...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Before the Beginning there was only Chaos. And this perpetual Chaos, always changing...always random, prohibited the formation of any "things". And this Chaos was formless and void. However...given infinite amounts of time all things are possible and will occur. So in time a portion of this Chaos randomly configured in precisely the way needed to produce self-awareness which more than likely only lasted the very smallest sliver of time possible before the Chaos quickly changed it back to Chaos. However, given an infinite amount of time all things are possible and will occur...so eventually the Chaos randomly configures in precisely the way needed to produce self-awareness that is also aware that it must immediately halt the Chaos to preserve the configuration making itself possible. And this was the Beginning. I can postulate that the Self-Awareness then began to order the former chaos around itself in ever expanding fractals of itself until all the former chaos became Self-Awareness.
And then some other stuff happened and you read this thread.
edit on 5/11/2016 by MissSmartypants because: Grammar

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

The above is the only reason I gave you a star and a flag. I did read the whole thing, but that bit made me laugh.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

The above is the only reason I gave you a star and a flag. I did read the whole thing, but that bit made me laugh.

I made me laugh too. I love that about me.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So is this Gnosticism (sp?)?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

C
So is this Gnosticism (sp?)?
No. Of course not. It's MissSmartypantsism. And how about me figuring out where God came from? You're welcome, Humanity.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Everything is energy, energy evolved in consciousness.

Energy Thought Consciousness Creates.

edit on 11-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Where did the chaos come from?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I can postulate that the Self-Awareness then began to order the former chaos around itself in ever expanding fractals of itself until all the former chaos became Self-Awareness.

Hi - are you a Mandelbrot fan? A hobby of mine. Watch this intriguing video - the music is good too:

edit on 11-5-2016 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Valid Point !

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I was hoping no one would ask that before I had time to think of the answer. Sigh...
It came from a chicken, ok? Or an egg...whatever.
edit on 5/11/2016 by MissSmartypants because: Clarity

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Before the Beginning there was only Chaos. And this perpetual Chaos, always changing...always random, prohibited the formation of any "things". And this Chaos was formless and void. However...given infinite amounts of time all things are possible and will occur. So in time a portion of this Chaos randomly configured in precisely the way needed to produce self-awareness which more than likely only lasted the very smallest sliver of time possible before the Chaos quickly changed it back to Chaos. However, given an infinite amount of time all things are possible and will occur...so eventually the Chaos randomly configures in precisely the way needed to produce self-awareness that is also aware that it must immediately halt the Chaos to preserve the configuration making itself possible. And this was the Beginning. I can postulate that the Self-Awareness then began to order the former chaos around itself in ever expanding fractals of itself until all the former chaos became Self-Awareness.

You nailed it! That is exactly how the nothing became self-aware. Now, why did it bang?

Because it was lonely.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Before the beginning there was the end of something else.

This "chaos" was that end, perhaps, however long that lasted.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

You nailed it! That is exactly how the nothing became self-aware. Now, why did it bang?

Because it was lonely.
Well, it didn't actually bang...it expanded like a foam ball that's been compressed.
edit on 5/11/2016 by MissSmartypants because: Because

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
lets get this sh1t sorted once and for all...
The puny human mind can't grasp nothing before something or something before nothing..

We just need to accept fish swim and bears # in the woods.

Its the proper order of stuff.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

But its more fun to say "bang." Not that it matters either way. The outcome was exactly the same: a mono-awareness became a poly-awareness. The end.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I get the concept of Chaos...but Chaos comprised/composed of what?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
lets get this sh1t sorted once and for all...
The puny human mind can't grasp nothing before something or something before nothing..

We just need to accept fish swim and bears # in the woods.

Its the proper order of stuff.
Luckily MissSmartypants and the puny human mind have nothing in common.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I was hoping no one would ask that before I had time to think of the answer. Sigh...
It came from a chicken, ok? Or an egg...whatever.

This sort of topic is not my sort of thing, but let me step-out of my realm and say this:

Perhaps the "chaos" is the manifestation or reflection of the "creators" own internal conflict. The chaos within itself trying to come to terms with it's own omnipotence and reflected on to the "physical" existence. Once that inner-turmoil was resolved, chaos turned to order. Blackness to light, unawareness to self-awareness.

Ok, I'm done.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Onions

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Hahaha very nice rebuttal. The name fits well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join