It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Trek show a go - CBS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Everything bar Enterprise, because I could not stomach the BS anymore. Loved everything else though.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Good film. Kristen Bell/Leia slave costume, 'nuff said.

edit on 13-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

I have. Well, everything but the last few episodes of DS9 and Voyager. I am working my way through them on Netflix right now.
edit on 13-5-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I feel you. I would prefer something post Voyager and DS9. But I am okay with the anthology format too.

The new Trek is being showrun by Bryan Fuller. Who in my opinion is one of the best TV guys. He started on Star Trek and has come out with some great shows. His Hannibal on NBC was really good. Pushing Daisies and dead like me where both good, but short lived. He is also doing Neil Gaiman's American Gods on Starz. I do not think the guy has done a single show that I did not like.

So in my eyes while not the best outcome. The anthology format at least gives us hope that we will see the time-line move forward and not multiple seasons that take place between Undiscovered Country and Next Generation. The anthology format gives some hope that we will get just one season set between Undiscovered Country and Next Generation, and as few prequel seasons as possible.

Nicholas Meyer is one of the writers. He directed Undiscovered Country. So I have a feeling that he is the one who is pushing for the rumored first season being set where it is.

The rumors might not even be true. Hopefully we will get new information soon. Now that they are going to start shooting.

edit on 13-5-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
New Trek show a go - CBS

I am all Trekked out.

I am all Star warsed out.

For effs sake.

Create someone NEW.

Instead of just recycling the 60s and 70s greatest hits' that at the time really just had a cult following.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
I find just about everything on network AND cable to be complete s#.

Know how I deal with that? I don't watch it. Saves me a whole lot of complaining over nothing. Suggest you follow suit & do similarly if it irks you.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A teaser came out today.

It would have been easy to put “new crew” in this promo, but they went with “new crews.”

Plural.

There are rumors that CBS All Access’ new streaming “Star Trek” hourlong would be set in more than one era of Starfleet’s centuries-long history, and that “s” could suggest those rumors are true.

LINK
edit on 18-5-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
OK, that got me going, and I'm more of a Wars guy than Trek.....

Good film. Kristen Bell/Leia slave costume, 'nuff said.

Yeah that just made the must see list.....

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Yes!

Now get the right directors and writers.

Hope they don't ruin the casting.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Hollywood ran out of ideas.

It is a business now and they just rely on old ideas.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

Hollywood ran out of ideas.

It is a business now and they just rely on old ideas.

Unlikely. More like they took a good look at the hopping fan productions & associated fan base growth, factored the popularity of the JJ-verse flicks, and decided now would be a good time to try to cash in.

Trekkies have been waiting for over a decade for a continuation in an official form of some kind. If a new Trek show is "running out of ideas", then Dr Who ran out of them god knows how many doctors ago. KWIM?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy
I've lurked a bunch of discussions on the web, there seems to be a solid general agreement to the trailer. The blue star or planetary fragments is likely either Hobus or Praxis, the star following that might be Amargosa, and the "New Crews" part is definitely deliberately plural, a likely hint at an anthology style series.

Another possible hint is the color flash associated with each "New" text. "New Crews" flashes yellow, "New Villains" flashes red, "New Heroes" flashes green, "New Worlds" flashes blue. They could be representative of specific organizations/species much in the same way that they're represented by colors on maps marking territories. Or they could simply be representing the department colors. The green could be a stand-in for the teal variant in the Science colors (the Science dept has been routinely depicted with blue and teal uniforms) or it might signify an entirely new one. I find that a little unlikely, so I'm hoping they're big, fat hints at specific species associated with those colors.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

We should be getting answers soon. I would think with the teaser released. That more and more information will start coming out.

I am just happy we are getting some new Star Trek. So far, from what has been released. In my opinion, they are picking the right people to make this. They could of picked people who had nothing to do with Star Trek. But they have picked people with solid Star Trek backgrounds.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join