It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Trek show a go - CBS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

I do the same myself everyday. Been watching every episode of star trek voyager on put locker. I was raised on it so it's my fav by far, although I agree about Jane way. They had some good time paradox episodes and "blink of an eye" was one of my favourite all time Sci if concepts for an episode.

Plus I'm a sucker for the demon planet.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Well...I for one am excited to see where they go with that!

I love the Trek, but Enterprise made me mad virtually every time I watched it. I HATE when timelines get reset, or over much attention is paid to the past in a show, and this was basically a prequel extended into a series. I have no time for that, and I have no time for Scott Bakula as a starship captain. He can be a time travelling skin theif all he likes, and he can be an NCIS agent who runs a music bar, but get him off my damned bridge.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
The crew members have always been of mixed race in all the star treks but I'm sure this time we will have a Muslim captain who must interrupt missions to pray to the mohammed constellation and a ship called the "U.S.S Black Live Matter".

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider
Ok now that was funny. I LoLd hard. But Spock using the force? That's old school hater jargon.

I don't hate Star Trek, I just don't like it as much as Star Wars.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I think 7 of 9 was an original character idea that work. And Nelix...Tom Parris and Chakotay, the Native American spirited dude.
Janeway had to be sanctimonious in her position, but in those quiet moments, in her private chambers...

Yep, my favorite ST spin off.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The new show will take place in the original continuity. The rumors are that it will be an anthology show. With the different seasons each taking place in a different time period. With the first taking place between Undiscovered Country and Next Generation. But these rumors were from a month ago.

If true. I think it is a good idea. Especially since it is on a streaming service and not TV. You can do things differently and not be beholden to outdated television paradigms. There has been some pretty interesting things going on in the anthology show format. From American Horror Story and its offshoots, Scream Queens and American Crime Story, to True Detective and Fargo.

Plus if one season does really well and people want more. As CBS will know exactly how many people are watching and subscribing, with no nielsen ratings guess work. They can simply continue that story/season/crew/time period, in a spin off and continue on with the anthology format. With each season being like a pilot. Those that are successful get more seasons, those that are not, do not.

Sort of like what Marvel is doing on Netflix. They have already had a season of Daredevil. Which did good so they did another. Then they had Jessica Jones. Which did good, so they are making another. Then from there they have Luke Cage coming up and Iron Fist. Then from there they are going into the team up Defenders. Then on to the Punisher and more seasons of whatever does good.

Its a very fluid situation. Which is what streaming offers. If CBS plays their cards right. They could keep expanding into an extended universe. Which is all the rage these days. I constantly see the old trek shows on the trending list of Netflix. So the audience is ripe for the plucking.

LINK

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Oh God damnit.

I really hope the rumour mill has been utterly mislead about this anthology business. I want the next chapter after Voyager, ever forward, never looking back except to monitor engine output efficiency. I really, REALLY do not want a bridging effort between two already existent events in the timeline. I honestly cannot begin to tell you how little time I have for anything that bears even the slightest resemblance to what you describe.

New Trek should not mean old ground.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I love the Trek, but Enterprise made me mad virtually every time I watched it. I HATE when timelines get reset, or over much attention is paid to the past in a show, and this was basically a prequel extended into a series. I have no time for that, and I have no time for Scott Bakula as a starship captain. He can be a time travelling skin theif all he likes, and he can be an NCIS agent who runs a music bar, but get him off my damned bridge.

Wow, I've never seen someone EXACTLY sum up my feelings on Enterprise like that. Totally agree on all counts.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Who around here has watched all episodes of:
TOS
TAS
TNG
DS9
Voyager
Enterprise
?????

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16
Only watched all voyagers and enterprises. About 60% of the next generation. That's all. Maybe in an alternate time line I watched em all. Fooking romulans.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Dammit crew! am I the only Trekkie nut around here ?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SmurfRider
Ok now that was funny. I LoLd hard. But Spock using the force? That's old school hater jargon.

I don't hate Star Trek, I just don't like it as much as Star Wars.

Shut your mouth you. Freaking blasphemy!!!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Now, now. Go put on a Bill Shatner album, pour yourself a Romulan Ale and chillax.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Now, now. Go put on a Bill Shatner album, pour yourself a Romulan Ale and chillax.

Mmmm so soothing. I feel much better now. Give me a hug my Star Wars loving brethren!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Actually, they sell that (Romulan Ale) It's an energy drink, though, not booze, so that would be "pour yourself a Romulan Ale & take on the world feeling like an invincible militaristic boss."

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Actually, they sell that (Romulan Ale) It's an energy drink, though, not booze...

Weak. The best thing about the Star Trek universe, a highly intoxicating beverage, and some lame-o turns it into an energy drink.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Actually, they sell that (Romulan Ale) It's an energy drink, though, not booze...

Weak. The best thing about the Star Trek universe, a highly intoxicating beverage, and some lame-o turns it into an energy drink.

Little bit of blue dye in any clear booze with a splash of carbonation'll make a suitable RA. I can give folks a pass on that.

Klingon Warnog, however, does exist exactly as described -- beer

Edit: Huh, my husband is more nerd than I thought. He says there was a short run of a Romulan Ale beer in the past, but it hasn't been made in 5 or 6 years.
edit on 5/12/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Little bit of blue dye in any clear booze with a splash of carbonation'll make a suitable RA.

Why use water? Just throw some Blue Curacao in there. Only thing better than booze is more booze.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
At least you're not like this:

There would be a lot of Trekkies staying as dinner.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I only drink water & especially despise energy drinks but that is freaking awesome nonetheless haha is romulan ale a specific color? It'd be cool to come up with a combination of liquor that came out the same color. I'm sure this drink has already been invented, I'm too lazy to google anything right now lol

Just finished reading the rest of the responses lol. Blue Curaçao. Like I said, I only drink water my hard liquor knowledge is severely limited.
edit on 13-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join