It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasure hunters begin Nazi gold train dig in Poland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

TREASURE hunters have begun to dig at the site they believe a Nazi train full of gold and precious objects was buried in the desperate final weeks of World War II.

Polish media reports Piotr Koper and Andreas Richter have obtained permission from Polish State Railways to excavate a mound over what may have been a railway siding near the town of Walbrzych during the war years.

The treasure hunters insist this site adds substance to local legends involving one or more heavily armored Nazi trains fleeing the fall of Warsaw, laden with loot and valuable minerals.

The pair sparked a frenzy of international interest last year when they issued a formal claim to the district council for a share of any treasure they may uncover.

Treasure hunters begin Nazi gold train dig in Poland

I remember this story from last year and as ive got many polish friends i think its pretty exciting stuff even if there is only a chance that this turns out to be the famed missing Nazi gold truck.

Of course if it does end up containing Nazi gold im sure the Jewish community will be demanding that they get all the gold. But unless there are very specific known artifacts that get discovered i think it will be very hard for any country to lay claim to what gets found.

If i remember correctly in Poland treasure hunters get to keep something like 10%, that would very a very tidy sum indeed.

Further reading :
www.heraldsun.com.au...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 11-5-2016 by PhoenixOD because: Fixed bad link

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Your Link isn't working mate.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Thanks, ive fixed it

edit on 11-5-2016 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

The link isn't valid for some reason.
I don't believe this is the same site as the previous story.

The last one was in a tunnel through the mountains and they asserted that there was in fact nothing there. Prior to discovering that they were refused permission to start digging because there was a real and genuine fear that any German tunnel would be rigged.

I might be wrong but I think when the last one was looked at more closely it was found to be a fraudulent claim and they were trying to get money either out of the state or out of donations for a project that wasn't going to happen. Either way I'm pretty sure those involved were found to be frauds in some way and had manipulated the "evidence" they claimed to have for it.

This one looks like a completely different site.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Start the digging! Need to know what, if anything, is under there. Very interesting. Thanks for post!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Of course if it does end up containing Nazi gold im sure the Jewish community will be demanding that they get all the gold.

Yes, they will make it all about themselves, like usual.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brett83

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Of course if it does end up containing Nazi gold im sure the Jewish community will be demanding that they get all the gold.

Yes, they will make it all about themselves, like usual.

Where does this kind of thing end?

If a hoard of Roman gold coins is unearthed, do we then try to trace any living descendants of the original Roman owners who buried the hoard? That would be ridiculous, so too after this length of time with this NAZI gold train IMO.

I would argue that if living descendants of the people of the era who were robbed didn't go hunting for it themselves, they don't have any claim to it.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

they should look for hills with half a side blown up. Easiest way to bury something during those years for the Axis. Put the equipment, bodies, or in this case train loot next to a hill, put explosives on hill = dirt avalanche.

My friends family buried one of Mussolinis weapons caches like this after Italy lost. Who ever owns that land now has no idea whats buried under their nose.

I suspect something similar went on with this gold.

you dont even need to dig it all up at once. one hole for each stack. Its easy if you marked it all with a simple mental grid.....The hill tells you where your stuff is so you dont go farther and you never need go too deep. A one man dig effort over time can hide and move tons of stuff like this.

edit on 5 12 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I bet the Nazi's had cursed gold. I wouldn't be surprises Poland gets cursed for having the gold.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

will they find anything this made news months ago did you just learn about this today

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am rooting for these guys.

After decades of urban legends with no real proof of 'nazi' gold.

I want someone to ACTUALLY find some.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah me to, its real Indiana jones kinda stuff

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

they should look for hills with half a side blown up. Easiest way to bury something during those years for the Axis. Put the equipment, bodies, or in this case train loot next to a hill, put explosives on hill = dirt avalanche.

My friends family buried one of Mussolinis weapons caches like this after Italy lost. Who ever owns that land now has no idea whats buried under their nose.

I suspect something similar went on with this gold.

you dont even need to dig it all up at once. one hole for each stack. Its easy if you marked it all with a simple mental grid.....The hill tells you where your stuff is so you dont go farther and you never need go too deep. A one man dig effort over time can hide and move tons of stuff like this.

Thats some really interesting info

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
One thing i do find quite interesting is that this event is only being reported on in Australia?? That's literally the other side of the planet. I cant seem to find much info from Europe past march on google.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

wow this is exciting find treasure in Poland I don't live there I would want to get a metal dect if I did

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

did they find treasure your link does not work

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: johneret34

All the links work for me

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I can not imagine there would be any gold buried from WWII still around today

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jen345

lol, of course there is!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
the german gov. knows how much armed panzertrains were build... they know also how many trains are left...and how much are still missing...!
the missing ones has to be found back....
edit on 16-8-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join