It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Security "Agencies" part of the agenda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So there I am, looking for ways to improve my internet security. Aren't we all? So I looked around and I come across a particular corporation/company which will call MKULTRA. Anyways, they promise all of these wonderful things, one of which was web-based blocking. Basically, you are protected from all incoming attacks & certain things are "automatically" removed to improve your browsing experience. However, how many people take the time to read the fine print in the subscription agreement? Here is a cut & paste of a small snip of the agreement, where you basically agree to PAY for having them invade your privacy & monitor your use. I've changed the company name to MKULTRA- who knows, I could have written this myself

ONLINE CONDUCT
MKULTRA's subscription application for users is designed and intended to enable individuals to use the World Wide Web securely and privately, and to establish certain rules of conduct based on user preferences.

Through MKULTRA's service, you will be able to restrict the demographic or other identifying information about yourself, collected by Web sites you visit. However, you may not use such freedom to defraud others or otherwise commit unlawful acts.
You agree not to use MKULTRA service to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive or another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable,
- harm minors in any way,
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity,
- disguise any content transmitted through the MKULTRA service,
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any information that you do not have a right to make available under any law,
- store information that infringes third party rights, or to store information in a manner that is otherwise unlawful,
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "Spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation,
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or
- "stalk" or otherwise harass another.
You further agree that your use of your MKULTRA subscription will be in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws of the United States of America and/or the country of your residence. If you violate these terms of service, MKULTRA may terminate your subscription without notice, and you will forfeit any fees you have paid. Furthermore, MKULTRA reserve the right to take appropriate legal action.

Appropriate legal action, folks. What do you all think?

join