It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director: 'We Do Investigations, Not Security Inquiries'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: xuenchen

Not only is this a criminal investigation by the FBI (I was just about to ask a poster to provide a link to any examples of the FBI EVER performing a 'security review' when this thread was posted), but they have some of their heavy hitters on the case:

Fox recently learned that one of the FBI's senior agents responsible for counterintelligence matters, Charles H. Kable IV, is working the Clinton case, another indicator the intelligence source said that the FBI probe is “extremely serious, and the A-team is handling.”

Kable, known as "Sandy," was appointed special agent in charge of the counterintelligence division at the Washington field office by Director James Comey in December.

He had recently served as the chief of the counterespionage section at FBI headquarters. In that capacity, a bureau press releases says the 15-year, well-respected FBI veteran, "provided leadership and oversight to the field offices engaged in espionage, economic espionage, and insider threat investigations."

Fox News source

More of his background, which could indicate possible aspects f the investigation tha are being focused upon.

Mr. Kable entered on duty with the FBI in 2000 and was assigned to the San Francisco Field Office, Oakland Resident Agency, where he specialized in counterespionage investigations and counterintelligence operations.

Mr. Kable was then promoted to program manager and acting unit chief in the Chinese Counterespionage Unit within the Counterespionage Section at FBIHQ, where he provided leadership, guidance, and oversight to the field divisions on numerous high-profile counterespionage investigations.

In 2007, Mr. Kable was promoted to supervisory special agent of a counterintelligence squad in the San Antonio Field Office, Austin Resident Agency.

In 2009, Mr. Kable became the Chief of the Civilian Intelligence Officers in the Operations and Investigations Unit at FBIHQ, where he led investigations and operations directed against known and suspected Chinese intelligence officers in the U.S.

In 2011, Mr. Kable served as the assistant section chief of the Counterespionage Section, and in 2012 Mr. Kable was promoted to assistant special agent in charge of the Counterintelligence Branch of the Los Angeles Field Office.

www.fbi.gov... ield-office

Your link fixed...
link

and a link to add ...
FBI Counterintelligence

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

18 people taking the fall while she walks..

iTruthSeeker

Even IF she gets "cleared", she will not be able to justify the associations.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

You know, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

You're thinking of another poster.

I think introvert's stance is that justice should be done fair and impartially.

I think he's wrong on some of his points, but I actually think there isn't as much Hillary bias in him as you percieve.

And I say this as someone gleefully watching Hillary's position crumble.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

You know, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

You're thinking of another poster.

I think introvert's stance is that justice should be done fair and impartially.

I think he's wrong on some of his points, but I actually think there isn't as much Hillary bias in him as you percieve.

And I say this as someone gleefully watching Hillary's position crumble.

I have seen him time after time intentionally deceive people to defend Hillary... way too many times to count.

He changes his Hillary defense scenarios more often than a model changes clothes at a fashion show.

You can't live in world of black and white without acknowledging the many shades of grey between those two points.

I think most people have come to realize that there is an overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence to warrant a recommendation for indictment... on numerous charges.

Those that defend her will get noisier in the next few weeks,,, it's the desperation setting in as more and more leaks come out and just think....Hillary hasn't even went in yet!!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
CNN BIAS

So, in the spirit of omission is a lie, take a look at CNN's quoting of Comey regarding the investigation:

Clinton and her team have consistently called the matter a "security inquiry," but Comey said that's not a term he's familiar with and said "we're conducting an investigation. That's what we do."

CNN source

The sharp eyed among you will pick it out right away...

Others, perhaps willfully blind?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Further proof that this report is genuine and official as they say.

Good catch.

here's the new Bill & Hillary theme song...

Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder (1963 Version)

classic.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Maybe I don't get it lol...all I see is Comey basically saying that Hillary is full of it and has been lying about the FBI's involvement for sometime now.

That security review crap is something the Clinton Camp propagated out.... now they got called on it.

I must be Hillaried out for today..lol

He did imply that Hillary was indeed being investigated. I mean, if she wasn't..he would have said so straight up.

edit on R292016-05-11T19:29:43-05:00k295Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R352016-05-11T19:35:51-05:00k355Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BooCrackers

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Madame Pantsuit will be indicted.

its madame cankles pantsuit, gotta use her full name

Contessa Cankles Pantsuit, gotta use her full title as well.....

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Lol, I'll buy Hillaried out.

You even picked up on the quote on page 1:

"He said to us point blank: 'I don't even know what that means, a security inquiry. We do investigations here at the FBI,'" Herridge said.

And CNNs version:

Clinton and her team have consistently called the matter a "security inquiry," but Comey said that's not a term he's familiar with and said "we're conducting an investigation. That's what we do."

edit on 11-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh I'm with you and I can't see her going down for these emails but then again, Al Capone never saw the IRS coming either.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

18 people taking the fall while she walks..

iTruthSeeker

Even IF she gets "cleared", she will not be able to justify the associations.

Lol I have you seen her supporters that aren't paid, they don't care.

They are either too delusional and naive or sexist to care. It's not like she doesn't already have enough dirty associations or shady coincidences

edit on 59531America/ChicagoWed, 11 May 2016 23:59:29 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I live in minnesota and we have a Mexican and Somali problem. I'm sorry to be anti pc but it's true. If Trump wants to build a wall and ban terrorists from other countries coming here I'm all for it. If the cook from don Pablo's gets caught being illegal here he gets a ticket to Mexico, I want one of those!!! Hillary literally said "my private server was for emails between slick willy and i"... maybe not her exact words. Look it up on YouTube though, she said it. I'm so sick of these liars being in higher office.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: xxspockyxx

And for you hardcore liberals with bleeding hearts look at what the Somali immigration has done to minnesota. Do some research! Go trump keep the a $$holes out who don't give 2 poops about our way of life. I don't want to smell all of you people all of the time!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

FBI Director James Comey, in an off-camera briefing with reporters has made some very revealing comments about the Hillary email debacle.

Actually, he was very careful to not reveal much of anything at all. As is the correct thing to do.

Here is a link to a more detailed description of Comey's remarks: Here Are All The Ways The FBI Director Tried Not To Make News On Hillary Clinton's Email Probe

The only thing that was remotely 'revealing' was his admission that he was feeling

"pressure" to conduct the investigation "well and promptly" since the matter is of significant public interest.

He didn't say from where he was getting "pressure".

The official statements from Comey are that the FBI is in fact doing an investigation and they are not considering special treatment for anybody !!

And your point is? Do you understand what the "I" in FBI stands for?

OK lets break this down a little bit; some people have their knickers in so much of a knot they can't figure out which way their feet are pointing.

Yes, the Federal Bureau of Investigation does investigations.

1) The FBI investigates allegations of crimes.

2) The FBI investigates crimes and the perpetrators of those crimes.

Before they can investigate a crime, they have to determine whether or not a crime was actually committed. In the case of an alleged computer related crime they need to figure out how the computer was used and by whom, and whether or not that usage constituted criminal behavior. In order to do that, they have to review the security procedures associated with the computer system, who had access to the system, and how those people used the system. That is called a 'security review' and whether or not Comey recognizes the term, it is a necessary part of 'investigating' an allegation of a computer crime.

In the case of Clinton's email server, they would need to interview Mrs. Clinton and her staff to determine how they used the email server, who had access to it via email accounts as well as physical access and administration access. They would also need to study the emails themselves to determine what documents were sent to and from the server.

Investigating allegations by doing a security review and interviewing staff does NOT equate to conducting a 'Criminal Investigation'. Until it is demonstrated that an actual crime was committed, there is no such thing as a 'Criminal Investigation'.

Comey is at least giving lip service to running an unbiased investigation, as he is well aware that if the FBI recommends criminal charges it had better be an ironclad case, or he and the Bureau will be vilified for putting up a political hatchet job.

However, remember that Comey is a committed Republican with a 'natural' bias towards ensuring that maximum political hay is made of the situation. Frankly the remark that he didn't recognize the term 'security review' sound like a politically motivated statement. And his final point on the whole topic was calculated to maximise his freedom to squeeze every ounce of political advantage he can legitimately get away with:

Comey, who donated to the presidential campaigns of John McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012, said he wasn't "tethered to any particular external deadline" to complete the FBI's efforts.

"I understand the interest in this particular investigation, so I do feel the pressure to do it well and promptly," Comey said. "But between the two, we will always choose well."

So, in other words, if they do come up with a case they think they can make against her, Comey can release the findings just before the election for maximum impact, but if they can't find anything wrong they can do it just after the election so any uncertainty can keep festering as long as possible.

Bottom line is the only thing 'interesting' about the whole conversation is that Director of the FBI is a partisan hack and he is reserving the right to use his position to political advantage.

edit on 12/5/2016 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xxspockyxx

And for you hardcore liberals with bleeding hearts look at what the Somali immigration has done to minnesota. Do some research! Go trump keep the a $$holes out who don't give 2 poops about our way of life. I don't want to smell all of you people all of the time!

Challenge accepted: After Somali Immigrants arrived in Minneapolis, did Crime change differently than in other Minnesota Cities? (Fact Check)

The FACT is:

a simple check of the violent and property crime rates from 1992 (the year before Somalis began arriving in Minneapolis) to now show that both violent and property crime rates have declined, not gone up, in the city. This trend is directly at odds with the claims made...

The author then goes on to analyze the actual FBI statistics (and remember the FBI director is a Republican) for the entire state and shows that immigrants are absolutely not driving up crime rates.

The conclusion:

In short, it’s simply not true that Minneapolis and other cities with significant Somali populations experienced more crime (or a lower drop in crime) after Somali immigrants began to arrive. It’s just not true.

So you are just hearing stuff yelled at you through some racist megaphone that purposely drowns out all the other stuff going on to make it sound like there is a problem. All crime is DECREASING in Minnesota. Violent crime in Minniapolis between 1992 and 2004 by 23.5% and property crime between 1992 and 2012 by 47.6%.

Somalis started arriving in Minnesota in 1992. Gee you could almost say that the Somali presence actually reduced crime. Except, of course, that the stats actually indicate that they had no impact one way or the other. In any case blaming the Somali Immigration for increased crime (especially when it is in fact decreasing) is just plain ridiculous.

Minnesota does not have an 'new immigrant' (Somali or otherwise) crime problem any more than it has a 'old white European' crime problem (well to the extent that some 'old white European' immigrants cover their own criminal tendencies with racist deflections that might not be true).

I recommend that you stop listening to people focusing their racist spittle on particular groups to distract you from their own dirty laundry. Stormfront is NOT your friend; they don't want to improve your life, they just want to foment your hate so they can take advantage of you.
edit on 12/5/2016 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Comey is not a "partisan hack".

You should research his background before making accusations like that.

For example:

President Obama praised James Comey, his pick to be the next FBI director, as "a rarity in Washington," someone who doesn't care about politics but is focused on getting the job done.

In announcing the nomination of Comey at a ceremony in the Rose Garden on the grounds of the White House on Friday, Obama alluded to the former deputy attorney general's actions in one of the most dramatic moments of the George W. Bush administration.

In 2004, White House counsel Alberto Gonzales and White House chief of staff Andy Card tried to persuade Attorney General John Ashcroft, who was ill with acute pancreatitis, to reauthorize a warrantless eavesdropping program while in his hospital bed. Comey, who was Ashcroft's top deputy and acting attorney general at the time, learned of Gonzales and Card's plan and rushed to Ashcroft's hospital room, along with Mueller.

Both threatened to resign if the White House renewed the program. As a result, it was not reauthorized.

"He was prepared to give up the job he loved, rather that be a part of something that he felt was fundamentally wrong," Obama said.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Oh I'm with you and I can't see her going down for these emails but then again, Al Capone never saw the IRS coming either.

The big difference on that one is that Capone did not have the President supporting them. Or at least saying he supports them.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Flight risks, flag their passports and no bail!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: BooCrackers
a reply to: UnBreakable

Not too shabby for a troll, But right on with the visual.

Yes, Cankles McPantsuit has troll feet...which explains the pantsuits...and witch shoes.....and her irrational fear of bridges....

Not to mention that the same designer that does Kim Jong-un's wardrobe does Hillary's, too.

I thought Nehru jackets went out of vogue here in the US at the end of the '60's.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

FBI Director James Comey, in an off-camera briefing with reporters has made some very revealing comments about the Hillary email debacle.

Bottom line is the only thing 'interesting' about the whole conversation is that Director of the FBI is a partisan hack and he is reserving the right to use his position to political advantage.

But if he was looking into Trump I'm sure you'd label him a 'thorough investigator' instead of a 'partisan hack'. Another Hillary supporter, I presume.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join