It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 West Point cadets cadets in raised-fist photo won't be punished

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Yeah I forgot freeloading treasonous traiter as well. Apparently wanting all people to have the same rights and opportunities as anyone else makes you anti American.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
in the fwiw catagory

Two female West Point alumnae are defending the students, saying the raised their fists are meant to convey pride in their achievement of graduating from West Point, which has an overwhelmingly white and male student body. Black female students made up just 1.7% of the graduating class this year.

Um, yeah.

Go ahead. Take a poll of young african-american women. Find out if they actually want to attend something like West Point.

Not exactly like it's the Beyonce School of Dance Moves (aka, BSDM)....

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
SO, yeah....I'm going to enlist in West Point...and then pose with my fellow white male brethren...

Wearing white hoods and other KKK regalia....

Gee, think it'll be accepted en-mass?

No. It absolutely wouldn't.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Where's all the love I was anticipating from my posts, my peeps!?!

You're letting me down, I'm tellin ya..

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I wonder why nobody would accept that. Maybe because it's a group known for hate murder and oppression. How do you even make such a ridiculous comparison? Have you been eating paint chips?

And what are you talking about beyonce dance moves for? Because she put up her fist. A symbol of solidarity and standing with your head held high?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

I wonder why nobody would accept that. Maybe because it's a group known for hate murder and oppression. How do you even make such a ridiculous comparison? Have you been eating paint chips?

And what are you talking about beyonce dance moves for? Because she put up her fist. A symbol of solidarity and standing with your head held high?

Yeah, Black Panthers...nice guys, once you get to know them. Hell, they babysit for my entire neighborhood.

And why? Because I can. Because I am sick and tired of the feel good wimp mentality that everyone is taking, allowing pathetic individuals such as these sixteen [ cough ] "cadets" [ / cough ] to take place....

Demonstrating perfectly just how well the sacred cows are fed and cared for.....

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I guess with age my more liberal side is showing.

I don't give a crap about any raised fists as long as when the time comes they buck up and kick in while in uniform just like all the rest who've gone before them in such a hallowed institution and gave their unflinching all...

^^^^ kein sheiss!

We've now got special snowflakes on the right and on the left. Hopefully they can both go away.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I guess with age my more liberal side is showing.

I don't give a crap about any raised fists as long as when the time comes they buck up and kick in while in uniform just like all the rest who've gone before them in such a hallowed institution and gave their unflinching all...

^^^^ kein sheiss!

We've now got special snowflakes on the right and on the left. Hopefully they can both go away.

I raise my fist with you in a sign of solidarity and union and love!!!!

Yeah...right.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Ha. No.

5^2 does not equal 2

Lo siento, mi amigo. Lo siento.
edit on 11-5-2016 by nullafides because: Damned internet gremlins parsing certain characters as non-printable characters!!!!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You are talking gibberish. Who says they are black Panthers? You? Oh my I didn't know you were an authority on anything.

These women did their training and are serving your country. What feel good wimp mentality? Go join your Klan brothers and bitch about blacks to them.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

What a shame the Army doesn't see it that way, eh?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

And when standing upon your shoulders, friend.... I am faced with the crushing reality that you are no giant...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

What a shame the Army doesn't see it that way, eh?

Now now, seagull....

They're precious little snowflakes...and remember....all snowflakes deserve to persist, no matter how harsh or bright the light brought to bear on them is........

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Does that mean a group of white cadets can take a picture doing the Nazi saulte?

It' actually predates to Roman times so I'm sure it's fine....

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

What in the hell does that mean? Seems your acting like the snowflake here. All offended for what reason? Why does this picture bother you? Are you angry that African Americans are accomplishing things that your ancestors wouldn't let them do? Poor thing.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Apple's and oranges. There's no comparison and to make such a statement is absurd.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

From wikipedia:

The Black Panther Party instituted a variety of community social programs, most extensively theFree Breakfast for Children Programs, and community health clinics.[6][7][8]

Yeah those horrible people. Giving breakfast to hungry children and offering healthcare to those who can't afford it. My god it's terrible. How horrible of they to take action against police brutality and the unfair treatment of African Americans.

Comparing them to the Nazis and the Klan is absurd and has no basis is reality.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If you had faith in the US military ... you seriously need to reassess.

Right up there on the porch. And, go back to the OP and look at what can be seen in the lower left corner of the photo. What's the name of that hall? LOL

I wonder if my words/actions above will be taken out of context.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
I think a lot of times our preconceived notions cause us to see something as other than what was intended.

yeahright

In the article I read, at least three of the cadets questioned the ringleaders who wanted to make a statement with those raised fists.

As memory serves: "A cadet does not lie, cheat or steal and will not tolerate those that do."

There was a lie ... and all of them 'at least' tolerated it. The should be expelled.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

No the ones where people of all colors and religion were slaves. Not just in the South. The North had slaves. The ones that talk about the trail of tears and not why the Redskins should not be a mascot. The ones that talk about the Big-Bang but at the same time show that people of many nations follow many religions. I explain that with hard work and determination you can make it. Like those kids in the picture.

Also, I am sure my 4th grader is more versed in ancient and modern history than you. Maybe you should do the same. You would be amazed at what you can learn when it is a recording of history and not a textbook designed to promote an ideology.

edit on 05pm31pmf0000002016-05-11T22:24:20-05:001020 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join