It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO'S - ATS Already has the truth or does it ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The title says it all, I joined here after finding out about ATS on another website after being told I would see different/better evidence, now I do believe there has to be life out there it's a numbers thing but that has two problems the shear vastness of space and because of that the time implications.

So lets look at the title of the thread, we have many members on both sides of the fence but lets look at why I say
ATS has the truth or does it ?

We have a number of members that claim multiple regular sightings even communication with them, we have people that claim they are regular sky watchers and others that trawl the internet for videos/images of supposed ufo's.

So lets start with the internet trawlers, the problem here is that an industry has developed on the web/youtube etc to post any old BS and claim it evidence of ufo's/aliens etc unfortunately the gullible get taken in by a lot of this very easily, you just have to look at comments left on the sites. Some of this eventually ends up an here and gets shown to be deliberate hoaxes, viral ads and similar rubbish or a total lack of understanding of photographic principles/optics. How many so called ufo's/planet x and other objects turn out to be flares/reflections or equipment issues.

For example ufo's

Not really

We also get the occasional night video of a morphing ufo which is actually caused by the autofocus system of the camera hunting for focus.

At night even with a top quality DSLR manual focus is best.

Every so often we get a thread/posts on here from a claimed regular sky watcher that has spotted an unusual star/object in the sky that they have never seen (or obviously heard/read about) before. The classic example on here and where I live is Sirius scintillating, during the winter months in the UK Sirius is a spectacular looking object in the sky seeming to flash all the colours of the rainbow and is the subject of many ufo reports.

Being a regular sky watcher is not the same as learning about and becoming familiar with the objects in the night sky

For members that are look here Members Astrophotography

Other claims we get from comments on videos is estimates of speed & distance which is impossible by looking at it unless you have information on the objects size or distance.

Now as most shots are digital I always find it strange that ufo sites don't give the exif data that was stored with the picture which would give time,date,iso,aperture,shutter speed, gps if switched on and with some cameras even the focus distance. All of that information would be useful in working out what we see so is that that why it's not given

Now to my favourites the people claiming regular sightings etc. One member with a house in an isolated area claimed regular sightings very close to their house that other members of the family have also witnessed. Yet when challenge for evidence came back with a lame excuse that the visitors would know and not come back. I have talked to an orb hunter when they had an opportunity of getting close to an orb didn't they where apparently scared (they should change their hobby then) that's just a couple of examples. There are many more such examples like all of the above.

Now in the situations above I would have my camera ready to take stills or video because something showing the real deal would earn you a small fortune and REAL evidence would be one of the most important events ever.

So why don't all the members that make the big claims put some REAL EFFORT into proving their BIG claims instead of putting all their effort into LAME excuses why they can't

From what I have read on here over the last few years this place should be full of real undeniable evidence or is it populated by fantasists

PLEASE PLEASE prove me wrong

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

When i joined ATS i actually highly believed in UFO's, that believe took a big hit and plummeted to near non believe for various reasons up until today, ATS made me a near non believer.

One is, that a good story with a a good description like UFO close up with port holes, or landing, with aliens and so on, never have any video or picture evidence.

And when there finally is a video or pictures they never comes with a story or match anything as described above, just the usual dull lights.

What happened to flying saucers and all the flying cigars, why is it impossible to catch it on film, it doesn't add up.

This video below is just a good example, to show that some UFO are actually interesting.

edit on 11-5-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

oh ATS.

Many of us come here seeking truth. What we find many times is just more confusion. And in the end we see that most of the stories out there are lies.

I've moved into the realm of. UFO's are just cover ups for Top Secret Black Projects or natural phenomena.

Sure there's a few times where something is truly not explainable and there's compelling evidence. But those are very few and far between.

However I still ponder the bizarre post made by "He who must not be named". And I wonder if he was trying to tell us something Or just leading us on.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-5-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I get what you say. With our combined efforts we should be able to get closer to the truth.

In fact I believe it has been attempted a while ago by IsaacKoi.
A respectful member of ATS who is always very thorough in his research.
Let me see if I can find the link to that thread.

Found it but my phone is not working with me.
Trying to paste the link

edit on 11-5-2016 by z00mster because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2016 by z00mster because: Pasting successful but grrr

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Er, correct!......is this a rant?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hundreds of high ranked government officials coming forth, including multiple presidents, declassified documented radar cases, physical trace cases, decent photo's/videos, analyzed implants, a thorougly studied abduction phenomena by credible people, and thousands if not millions of witnesses with their own stories.

What else do you need, even if we had just 30% of the evidence it would still make it simply very probable we are being visited. You just need to be skeptical of our cultures dismissive view and the truth becomes obvious. See my site if for a compilation of some of the best evidence.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I think that even IF I presented a crystal clear photo of a UFO on ATS, there would still be many people calling BS, CGI, reflection of an interior object/window or whatever, so it's difficult when it comes to imagery.

Also, making good photos is incredibly difficult, especially at night time and when objects are in motion (think shutter speed, correct settings, lack of tripod, shaky hands, insufficient lighting and so on). I'm sure you're quite familiar with all that since you're also interested in photography.

As for evidence: I think that if we concentrate on classical mass sightings (multiple witnesses) with reliable radar observations, then we already have a pretty solid base of evidence. I'd have to look up my favorite sightings, but there are quite a few.

A photo alone, in my view, is not worth more than 1000 words. I prefer credible eye-witness accounts.

S&F!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Sorry but CRROW777 has been begging for donations to help him buy some expensive gear the guy hasn't got a clue

That video shows what looks like a contrail and the object never enters the cloud because it is below it, he even claims that TPTB spray contrails above him he is a delusional fantasist

As for some of his assumptions made re his images and videos the guy needs some lessons on photography basics.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Er, correct!......is this a rant?

Not a rant an observation based on reading a whole load of BS on here for years.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I agree with the contrail, and that the object could be below the clouds, but then we can both agree on that there is an object, and my focus was on the object, not the poster.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: z00mster
I get what you say. With our combined efforts we should be able to get closer to the truth.

I disagree, and that is a completely illogical statement. Given that apparently nobody anywhere (probably not even the combined governments of the world) has been able to come even the tiniest bit closer to whatever "the truth" is, I can't reasonably say that we have any shot at it at all.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

I think that even IF I presented a crystal clear photo of a UFO on ATS, there would still be many people calling BS, CGI, reflection of an interior object/window or whatever, so it's difficult when it comes to imagery.

Also, making good photos is incredibly difficult, especially at night time and when objects are in motion (think shutter speed, correct settings, lack of tripod, shaky hands, insufficient lighting and so on). I'm sure you're quite familiar with all that since you're also interested in photography.

As for evidence: I think that if we concentrate on classical mass sightings (multiple witnesses) with reliable radar observations, then we already have a pretty solid base of evidence. I'd have to look up my favorite sightings, but there are quite a few.

A photo alone, in my view, is not worth more than 1000 words. I prefer credible eye-witness accounts.

S&F!

We have enough pro,semi pro and very long term hobby photographers like me on here that would not jump to conclusions re an image as we know what to look for.

There are many new cameras on the market which work incredibly well at night I have posted threads on that.

For example Real Time Milky Way

As for night time exposures it's all about knowledge and practice. Hand held 70-300mm zoom.

Camera left on previous settings and we get a bright light in the sky

Or use manual settings and it's clear it's a helicopter.

Or how about this I used on a Black Knight thread to show how a white cover drifting in space could look black.

Look its white

Now its black

As for mass sightings in the distant past stories are stories.

If you look at 2 reports of a current news item will they be 100% identical even when the event happened only a few hours before.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Yeah I said "should be". And I guess that's just the optimist in me talking here.
But agreed, we don't live in an ideal world and too many people find it funny to hoax.
It should be possible though.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

I agree with the contrail, and that the object could be below the clouds, but then we can both agree on that there is an object, and my focus was on the object, not the poster.

I spoke about the object too, look at the zoom level applied you can't zoom to those levels and get more detail also he uses filters to try and convince the youtube gullible that he knows what he is doing.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: z00mster

I disagree, and that is a completely illogical statement. Given that apparently nobody anywhere (probably not even the combined governments of the world) has been able to come even the tiniest bit closer to whatever "the truth" is, I can't reasonably say that we have any shot at it at all.

What not even with members that have CLAIMED ufo's flying around behind their house ONE descent video AND case closed but it wont happen that's the issue I am trying to bring up big claims need BIG PROOF

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

oh ATS.

Many of us come here seeking truth. What we find many times is just more confusion. And in the end we see that most of the stories out there are lies.

I've moved into the realm of. UFO's are just cover ups for Top Secret Black Projects or natural phenomena.

Sure there's a few times where something is truly not explainable and there's compelling evidence. But those are very few and far between.

However I still ponder the bizarre post made by "He who must not be named". And I wonder if he was trying to tell us something Or just leading us on.

He never returned did he? I just read that entire thread and oh man, do I want to believe.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Unless one lands or crashes in a Walmart parking lot (bad example, let's say Costco) on the 6 o'clock news I will always have doubt. I don't bother with Youtube videos or photos as proof, as they are easily faked and most times shaky, grainy, inconclusive and frustrating.

I want it the ET phenomenon to be real, and I have always enjoyed reading and watching shows about UFO's. There are many cases and stories (and even pics and vids) that fascinate me, and I firmly believe there is other life out there. But, until real indisputable disclosure happens, its just a past-time. An interesting one at that, but a past-time nonetheless.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

From the youtube page for the video in your post.

Donate to the Crrow777 equipment upgrade fund:

The first upgrade will be a Canon camera body converted to shoot in IR (infrared) for stand alone and telescope use. This will be followed by a Canon camera body converted to shoot in UV (ultraviolet) and also usable coupled to the telescope.

The video looks like to birds to me the contrail will be above 20,000 + feet and he shot the video at 1080p look at the zoom he applied. For reference here is a crop from the center of a frame from my 16 mp camera with 300mm zoom it was flying around 25,000 ft iirc checked on flight radar 24 and was a few miles down range from my house.

The white objects on his video can always be made out so don't enter the contrail crrow makes it up as he goes along.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

What not even with members that have CLAIMED ufo's flying around behind their house ONE descent video AND case closed but it won't happen that's the issue I am trying to bring up big claims need BIG PROOF

To some no amount of proof is possible. To others no amount of proof is plausible. To still others any amount of proof would be intolerable, they are either in denial or covering up.

To witnesses, however its no longer about belief.

They exist, I've seen one, my case closed.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I believe it is a spiritual thing and someone is lieing to us and most of us are following it like millions of people. They are not telling the truth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join