It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes I paint fruit and sometimes I don't

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I know I post alot of things I attempt to draw and paint and I often hear that my work is dark etc. Well not today, the other day I had opened a thread in the music forum involving a metal band Motograter and I was saying that sometimes what I listen too affects what I desire to paint. Well lately I have been listening to alot of classical and classical electronica, then out of no where yesterday morning after I applied for a job I decided I wanted to practice oil painting some more and started painting peaches, I don't know why but maybe the music does really have some kind of power to move and inspire me in ways I don't understand, I believe that this type of music without sung words purely instrumental does inspire me and helps my focus. So today I am going to try and bring these peaches to their full potential at least to the best of my abilities (however limited they may be).

edit on 11-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The smell of fresh cut peaches hits me in the face when I look at this. I am re-doing my kitchen in a pale, cream/champagne yellow, close to the yellow you painted around the peach pit area...I would hang this in my kitchen.

I believe that food as a subject is under-rated. You do nice fruit. Fruit makes me happy and peaceful.

Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

By the time I am finished with this, I hope they look wet and shiny. right now things are a little bit dull but this is going to change. I like doing this so far so maybe I will do hot peppers next, they can have beautiful curves and deep color and value, I am not a painter by any sense of the word and am still learning how so if things are a little off or wonky please point them out I would be much obliged, and thank you for stopping by.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
=O before I left I had 7800 some odd stars on my profile now Im over 8000 wtf just happened?!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Wonderful paintings. I do seascapes mostly. In watercolors. But I'm not good enough to share them just yet.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Me either, thats why I post though so people can tell me what they think and if it sucks maybe I can figure out how to fix it. Post your water colors, Im always here to have a look-see at my peers work, when I do it gives me insight into them and myself.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I might. You and a fat furry Texan asked to see them. I'll pick one and take a picture some time. Just be nice. It's a hobby, not a vocation.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Trust me it is neither a hobby or a vocation, its something else entirely whether you think you do it as a hobby or a vocation. It is something you can do from the inside on out, you are a creator of things for the mind and soul.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Just wanted to add, you're an artist. I'm just an old fart who paints.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I don't really consider myself an artist, I am not sure how I classify or identify with what I do and what an artist really is.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

If others, admiring your work, consider you an artist, then I think it'd be safe to consider yourself one.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Thank you, we will see in time I how I feel about it.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

After this IDK if I can ever look at a peach the same way ever again 0.0

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I don't like peaches, I have issues with fuzzy fruit.

Lovely in paintings though...just to look at.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

I don't like peaches, I have issues with fuzzy fruit.

Lovely in paintings though...just to look at.

They smell good too! Good scent for a woman as well, usually when a lady smells like peaches it means shes probably baking something yummy!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Damn dude...That's phenomenal!

Have you ever tried acrylic or any other paint medium aside from oil? Or do you just prefer oil painting?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Damn dude...That's phenomenal!

Have you ever tried acrylic or any other paint medium aside from oil? Or do you just prefer oil painting?

I kind of paint in everything. I am not a painter though I just recently started teaching myself how to paint, I am back and forth between everything all mediums.
I think this was my first painting I ever seriously attempted like back in the 90s or early 2000's. Then I didn't really do any painting until maybe a year ago or less.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join