It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity finds "Star Wars" junk on Mars!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Mind you its probably debris from one of the many satellites sent there but which crashed on deployment - certainly of an interesting and resilient metal.

No doubt NASA will be curious enough to test its composition with their onboard spectroscope ... I would be curious to find out about that metal - wouldn't you ?

Nasa Source: photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Helenamatias

Interesting - I think the tube at the top of the object pretty much rules out a rock formation... I wonder which probe it belongs to?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So we are junking up Mars too? LOL, the Martians must be mad. Nice find!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thank You!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What are the odds for Curiosity to stumble upon this debris, or did NASA seek it out, knowing the position of the object.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How do we know it is NASA's or are they the only ones that send probes to Mars. What are the odds of just stumbling across something like this? I mean thats like randomley finding an apple or a hulk hogan action figure in the middle of the Sahara desert.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helenamatias
....certainly of an interesting and resilient metal.

Its called aluminum...
I have a secret "roll" of it in my kitchen cabinet only .002mm thick....
I can wrap and bend the magical metal until it becomes a hat...
Then I put on the hat and hear that ladies voice tell me to do things...

It truly is an "interesting and resilient metal"....

-Chris
edit on 11-5-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
I am starring you just for the last part of your comment. It brought tears to my eyes and made my asthma flare up. Thanks for the laugh!

link   
Nice! About time we get another mars rock thread. Except this isn't even a rock!

That's a first as far as I've seen.

link   
God.. that voice is awful.

It actually looks a lot like the back box and part of the exhaust from a car..
Maybe a bit more evidence for you guys that think the rover could be on earth in a desert somewhere.

Just wanted to add.. The date stamp on the video says 2013. . Shouldn't we have more information on this by now?
edit on 11/5/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Most likely a cloaking device from
the United States Space Commands TR platform.
From the inlet I'd say it's the Navy's.
They come loose all the time. I think they
are going to have China make them for now on.
(don't you love that level of speculation)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman that was random and hilarious.

finding an apple or a hulk hogan action figure in the middle of the Sahara desert.

edit on 11-5-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: YachiruKusajishi
LOL, Brotherman also made me laugh, I hope he will not take a chunk out of my arm with those teeth!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

What does that have to do with STAR WARS? I was expecting a bit of junk that looks like a light saber hilt or a blaster or something . . . . that is just some random piece of debris. I would be very curious as to what exactly it is and which Rover/landing apparatus it came from. It looks important, very much like a muffler or catalytic converter - of course it wouldn't be but, still, I can't imagine something like that not being an integral part of a Rover or other equipment but if all of our gear is functioning properly on Mars, where did it come from . . . . . . I am not implying ANYTHING unusual FYI.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

"Star Wars" its appealing

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
I have a feeling you would like to skate the big crater on Mars doing some KickFlips and 50 Laser Flips on your way down.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

random, need I say more =D

Ok I am off to finish painting fruit, interesting OP and glad you all got a good laugh this morning, wasn't my intention but my imagination is a very dark place.
edit on 11-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
LMAO no kidding! Brotherman might just have a bite as bad or worse than his bark.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If they would have looked at the actual high-resolution picture that shows this object rather than looking at a mosaic made up of dozens of pictures stitched together, then they might have been able to see that the object looks more rock-like than metal-like.

Here is the raw image of that object (the object is at the bottom of the image):
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well, I suppose if this an area south of the landing site, then it's kind of not too hard to make the conclusion that this is some debris from the the last stage/s of the landing sequence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join